Toying with some forum structure changes and would value your thoughts.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi,

So in an attempt to better categorise things and clean up the main forums a little I was thinking about breaking up the forums into a few different sections.

Something like this was the idea

- Footy Forums
- Trades & Recruitment
- Match Focus, match updates and chat
- Tipping & Betting
- Rant & Rave forum

Just thinking this may focus subjects a little more specifically and create an all over better discussion environment allowing specific topics to be discussed in specific areas, and rants and arguments carried out elsewhere.

Wondering what people's thoughts would be on this and whether they would like this format, or have suggestions for other formats.

Cheers
Dan

Are you thinking of dropping all the other sub-forums, ie the separate sports areas or the MWTS, or welcome areas? Or would they just be sub sections of the above?

They would stay, its really about re-arranging everything covered by "The Stands"

Also thinking about adding a "Corporate Box" are with forums for users who achieve a certain level or something, but that is a big maybe and want to add a rating system first anyway

Hi Dan,

Not sure that the structure needs that much of a change - I think there is some merit in a Corp Box idea based upon tenure i.e. length of membership of ST rather than activity

anywwy you want to do it I'm happy with  as long as the reae unread posts function stays as that is the main way I keep track of topics
btw the mobile setup works great

lsz link said:
Hi Dan,

Not sure that the structure needs that much of a change - I think there is some merit in a Corp Box idea based upon tenure i.e. length of membership of ST rather than activity

Yeah I would agree certainly with the corporate box, but kind of want it tied to both. A length of tenure doesn't always mean you are a greater value, so need to find some measurables really

There isn't that many threads on this site that it requires that sort of separation in my eyes. Match update is only going to be used on weekends, Trades and Recruitments would only be busy for a few months of the year.
I can see tipping and betting being separated but I don't see why Footy talk, match updates and trade and recruitment need to be separated.

Having more dialogue with other tipsters would be enjoyable Dan.
Hopefully we can get a few more on board to beat that prick who won it last year.:)

There is already another tipping forum in place :)

A combination of tenure / posts? Or invite only (or is there one around already...)

There is an invite only forum, but this is for admins and a few others probably the least exciting forum on here really.

I'd like to make one that is visible to all but only people who have reached that length of tenure + votes + invite thing get to post. I am just worried about it creating major divisions on the site

True

All that said there has been a fair change on here since MWSE shut down

lsz link said:
True

yep and that is one thing I am looking at trying to fix.
I don't want to lose the new members and certainly do not want to lose the old members who made this site great.

If you have some ideas for parameters and measurables for the forum let me know and I will set up a corporate box forum and start adding members

Dan link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186539.msg317576#msg317576 date=1298529812]
True

yep and that is one thing I am looking at trying to fix.
I don't want to lose the new members and certainly do not want to lose the old members who made this site great.

If you have some ideas for parameters and measurables for the forum let me know and I will set up a corporate box forum and start adding members
[/quote]Dan if some one is out of line why cant you PM them a warning 3 warnings & your out for 3months or the season.. only problem is what if the person kicked out is in the ST tipping comp , maybe just barr them from forums .

Mata would give me 3 on purpose the prick ;)..:p

Dan would end up banning himself after a day :)

And just because someone starts off as a wanker doenst mean they will always be one, some people like to big note themselves early on and then settle in after a while.

I doesn't matter how many forums you have Dan, the whingers will still whinge in every forum and the ranters will still rant in every forum. Whichever end up being the most popular forum will be the one the whingers and ranters will gravitate towards because they think we need to hear what they have to say.

lol  chip  its true theres actually some civil conversation going in the whinge forum in lowe found a sponsor forum lol

Let me have a think Dan - you could apply the same theory we use in loyalty marketing to tier customers...

Hi Dan,
            What I reckon would be good if it was technically possible is to link posts that make a prediction to a bring up thread where the poster cab be applauded or bantered for his prediction. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6