[Resurrected] Touch Football

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone here play touch football? I'm moving to Brookvale in a few weeks and keen to play.

Maybe we could start a Silvertails team in the Manly competition if there was enough interest.

I'm pretty unfit so would want to be in the lowest division possible!

Let me know if anyone's keen.

supersoniceagle said:
Does anyone here play touch football? I'm moving to Brookvale in a few weeks and keen to play.

Maybe we could start a Silvertails team in the Manly competition if there was enough interest.

I'm pretty unfit so would want to be in the lowest division possible!

Let me know if anyone's keen.

I played a season down at Manly Vale. But not a massive fan of touch. Oz Tag is a far far far superior game, and much more like rugby league, rather than a game with the same shaped ball.

I play Oz Tag up here, and am in fact a level 2 referee as well :)

OzTag is a much better game but just way to slow. If you are doing it for fitness reasons (which it sounds like you aren't) I'd play touch. If you are doing it to play for a league feel then OzTag is def the way to go...........

Oztag stinks! Touch is a better game for fitness and skill development. If you want to get your head taken off by some bloke who thinks its real footy play oztag.

Masked Eagle said:
Oztag stinks! Touch is a better game for fitness and skill development. If you want to get your head taken off by some bloke who thinks its real footy play oztag.

You are playing with the wrong crowd mate. Oz Tag is all about fun and fitness as well as skill. I played for the rep team at the state cup a few years back and have been selected again, but have chosen to referee at the carnival instead in order to get my levels up to a higher referee level.

Up here it's all fun and smiles. there is one team that take it really seriously but all the rest have a joke and have a laugh. It's not as fast as touch but its still good for fitness and still quick.

I ref one game a night and play 1 mixed game and one mens game, by 9PM I am buggered.

I also referee Junior Oz Tag on Thursdays and that helps keep the fitness up.

There are plenty of comps around, but go check them out one night and see which one has the most smiles, touch takes themselves seriously, most of Oz Tag at least up here is all about fun.

In our referee clinics we are taught to keep it fun and you get marked down for being too intense as a referee, we are encouraged to joke with the players, encourage them, commentate the game with things like "great tag", "good run" and so on.

Honestly it is one of the most enjoyable sports I have ever played.

globaleagle said:
the prob i have with these games is that there are always heroes that will never sub off no matter what.

Start a team with your mates and then everyone usually digs into them to get them off the field anyway

Daniel said:
globaleagle said:
the prob i have with these games is that there are always heroes that will never sub off no matter what.

Start a team with your mates and then everyone usually digs into them to get them off the field anyway

1- I'm in canada and no one plays touch here
2- I have no mates
3- I sponsored a team and still couldn't get on even tough 4 players worked for me!!
4- maybe cause it's I'm old.
5- I have skillful hands that I would pit even against any nrl player
6- great defense no one got past me (as it's only touch).
7- I guess looking old means i get shafted (I'm only 40 :( )
8- this has happened since my uni days
9-did i mention the drinking?
10- i like traffic lights
11- but not when they are red
12- thanks for responding.

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:
globaleagle said:

2- I have no mates
3- I sponsored a team and still couldn't get on even tough 4 players worked for me!!
1 - the men's team I play in ate all above 40 apart from me and one other bloke who is 23
2 - we made the grandfinal last year
3 - everyone has a laugh and has fun
4 - I am the second youngest and do a bit less running as I play half and hooker
5 - the old buggers have fun
6 - we are 2 and 1 so far this year
7 - bamber

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:
globaleagle said:

2- I have no mates

Based on points 2, 5,6,7,8 and 9, you sound like one of those blokes that hang around down near the wall. LOL.

How does everyone like these rules:

Fullback/Lock:

• Each team has 7 players each
  • Defending team has 6 players up the front with the ref, the Fullback is behind the line waiting for the attacking team to make a line break.
  • The fullback can join his/her teammates if the attacking team is inside the 7m (from the try line)
  • Field is 80ms long (from try line to try line)
  • 7th attacker in between the 2 centres will be called the Lock

We play a casual every week on Sunday mornings 9am kickoff
It's actually NRL rules including kicking, except touch footy and instead of playing the ball after being tagged it's tap on your foot and pass to proceed next touch with no market.
Run 3 x 40 minute games with some weeks 5 on 5.....other weeks 12 on 12......so any Silvertails ever visiting the Lockyer Valley Qld is very Welcome
Cheers
Maxta

Apparently Darren Lockyer , Justin Hodges and Lote Tuquiri all play Touch Rugby League (13A side version of Touch footy). Its so surreal see them go up against people that work regular jobs. lol
brs.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4