Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as I despise Greenberg, I really don’t think this is what is happening here.

No council/club/governing body could in good conscience put a game on at a ground where asbestos has been found if it is proven to be unsafe. I think it’s just bad timing of when the information has come to light.

We should however get to choose where the game is played if through no fault of our own, Brookvale is not available
Proven for people who worked exposed to it in factories every day for years producing asbestos like with James Hardie.

If you are old enough to have ridden on the red rattler trains and remember their distinctive smell when braking YOU HAVE INHALED ASBESTOS just saying. People need perspective on this topic,

Proven for people who worked exposed to it in factories every day for years producing asbestos like with James Hardie.

If you are old enough to have ridden on the red rattler trains and remember their distinctive smell when braking YOU HAVE INHALED ASBESTOS just saying. People need perspective on this topic,

They could easily isolate the area affected , it’s just bull**** to get it away from Brookvale.

I just don't get Bankwest. Has Penn agreed to this and does it represent the most money for him? It's less Manly than ANZ or the SCG - both places where we've won premierships. I cannot understand this.

I just don't get Bankwest. Has Penn agreed to this and does it represent the most money for him? It's less Manly than ANZ or the SCG - both places where we've won premierships. I cannot understand this.

"The NRL and Sea Eagles management have agreed that in the event that Council cannot provide the governing body and the Club with the necessary safety assurances by tomorrow evening, the match will be transferred to Bankwest Stadium."

That was from the SeaEagles media release

"The NRL and Sea Eagles management have agreed that in the event that Council cannot provide the governing body and the Club with the necessary safety assurances by tomorrow evening, the match will be transferred to Bankwest Stadium."

That was from the SeaEagles media release
Yes. But why?

Indeed, weren't all the brake linings on cars prior to the 1970's made out of asbestos as well

As much as I despise Greenberg, I really don’t think this is what is happening here.

No council/club/governing body could in good conscience put a game on at a ground where asbestos has been found if it is proven to be unsafe. I think it’s just bad timing of when the information has come to light.

We should however get to choose where the game is played if through no fault of our own, Brookvale is not available
Penn has already accepted WankBest if Brookie loses the game.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...estos-found-at-lottoland-20190908-p52p7z.html

giphy.gif

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
"we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

"we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Yeah, but Winston never mentioned Parramatta. Even he knew there was a limit.

Unless 3 metres underground a shard of Asbestos is found, then we will pack up and run away to Bankwest.

NRL own the Finals and Penn doesn't get a cent from ground takings :cool:

Sadly its like SOO, Clubs have to supply their players at zero cost for the NRL to rake in the monies :nerd:

NRL own the Finals and Penn doesn't get a cent from ground takings :cool:

Sadly its like SOO, Clubs have to supply their players at zero cost for the NRL to rake in the monies :nerd:
Surely though, Parramatta is harder to get to for those on the beaches than SCG or ANZ?

Surely though, Parramatta is harder to get to for those on the beaches than SCG or ANZ?
Simply put -
The Fans don't matter to the NRL, the Broadcasters do !

The cost of setting up the cameras and related cabling is saved by Nine and Fox if games are held at a common venue :nerd:

Manly has to 'agree' as they are a Franchise and make zero monies out of putting on a Finals match :cool:

I always go to Finals but won't go if its out West on a night game :shake:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9