Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a play I don't like but London passed it back to one of their players who just ran backwards towards his own tryline until the hooter sounded.

London Broncos win, Toronto matching the efforts of their hockey and soccer teams

Another year of this tier two stuff.

sheesh

disappointing.

Last edited:
Sad way to end given they were better than the Broncs all season, won more games in the promotion/relegation contest but lost because of a stupid rule of 4th playing fifth for the last place when they had fourth locked up, losing 4-2 on penalty count Again refs determine the outcome.. Wrong team promoted.

Still reeling from the scathing denunciations by one fan in particular for missing out on promotion to the ESL, Toronto have signed 6 new players in an attempt to not only achieve promotion next year but to placate said fan who "has launched a tirade of fury not seen in Toronto since the hulk got out of the wrong side of the bed, stepped on a rake which then hit him in the face, causing him to land bottom up in front of a particularly amorous moose."

"We need to do better," said director of footy Brian Noble in what must be the biggest understatement of the year since the Mayor of Pompeii asked if anyone had just heard a slight boom-like noise.

Signings:

the-6-1000x500.jpg

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/news-updates/

Coaching merry go round! (nah not really):

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/11/10/paul-rowley-leaves-wolfpack/

Toronto Wolfpack and Head Coach Paul Rowley can confirm that both parties have mutually agreed a release from the remainder of Paul’s contract with the club effective immediately. Wolfpack Director of Rugby, Brian Noble MBE, commented:

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/11/11/brian-mcdermott-joins-pack/

Brian McDermott Joins the Pack

“We are delighted to bring in a Head Coach of Brian’s Calibre, who we believe can lead us to the Super League. Brian is a world class coach and we are extremely excited that he has come on board with the Wolfpack. His track record in the game speaks for itself and having known Brian for many years, I know he has all the right attributes to take the Club forward.”

At 48-years-old, McDermott is one of the most distinguished coaches in all of Rugby, having led Super League giants Leeds Rhinos to a period of immense success since the turn of the decade, winning eight trophies, including the 2012 World Club Challenge against Manly Warringah Sea Eagles of the NRL.

FRONT_0f852c40-1b96-40f0-9e11-ee86128f1cfe_110x110@2x.jpg
Red_jersey_110x110@2x.jpeg

Toronto Wolfpack invest in London Skolars as part of ground-breaking transatlantic deal

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/201...lars-part-ground-breaking-transatlantic-deal/

Two of the world’s most iconic cities have joined forces in a transatlantic sports partnership, which is a major boost to the sport of Rugby League.

Toronto Wolfpack have bought a sizeable minority stake in League 1 club London Skolars, (you're welcome). The new partnership also includes an in-kind financial investment alongside ongoing commercial, performance, development and community support. The two organizations will collaborate and share best practice in digital marketing, media, PR and fan engagement.

ISC Partners with Toronto Wolfpack

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/12/18/isc-partners-toronto-wolfpack/

Toronto Wolfpack has today announced that leading Australian sporting apparel brand ISC will be the official apparel partner of the Wolfpack for the next three years.

The partnership with the world’s first transatlantic professional sports team comes at an exciting time for the Wolfpack, who have recently appointed distinguished Head Coach Brian McDermott alongside six new star signings. The Wolfpack will proudly wear a new ISC playing kit in 2019 as they compete in the Betfred Championship for the second time. (ugh)

RICH WHITING CONFIRMED AS PLAYER WELFARE AND LOGISTICS MANAGER

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/12/19/rich-whiting-confirmed-player-welfare-logistics-manager/

Toronto Wolfpack are delighted to confirm the appointment of former player Rich Whiting as the team’s Player Welfare and Logistics Manager. Whiting takes the role having retired at the end of the 2018 season with his final appearance coming in the Million Pound Game against London Broncos, which they annoyingly lost.

Toronto has really embraced the Wolfpack. A friend of mine goes to the games regularly and says the atmosphere is great. The marketing of the Wolfpack is also top notch.
As for describing Toronto as "one of the most iconic cities of the world" I'd say that's a stretch.
They do have a tall tower and Tim Hortons as tourist attractions, I suppose.

Toronto has really embraced the Wolfpack. A friend of mine goes to the games regularly and says the atmosphere is great. The marketing of the Wolfpack is also top notch.
As for describing Toronto as "one of the most iconic cities of the world" I'd say that's a stretch.
They do have a tall tower and Tim Hortons as tourist attractions, I suppose.

Pfft, you're forgetting the regular shoot-outs and dodgy politicians on display every day. lol cough

But I agree, they've really done well with their marketing.

Toronto Wolfpack are pleased to announce that single game tickets and multipacks for the 2019 Betfred Championship regular season are now on sale. The team confirmed last week that ten regular home games will take place at Lamport Stadium next season, starting with the Home Opener against Swinton Lions on Sunday April 28th.

All Adult single game tickets in 2019 will be $30 (plus a ticket processing fee) with discounts available for Juniors (U16), Youth (16-21), Seniors (65+) and groups of 12 or more.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/12/20/single-game-tickets-multipacks-sale-now/

30 dollarydoos? Who do they think we are? Howard Hughes?? I'm staying home and watching it on tv by myself... wait, maybe I am Howard Hughes then?

.....To encourage fans to buy early a special 10% discount on all single game tickets will be running until February 28th 2019.

- That's more like it. Gotta save that $3 per game!

......Wolfpack’s final regular season home game against Leigh Centurions on Saturday September 7th will run a 50% discount offer on all tickets.

- Now you're talking!

The Wolfpack will also host a ‘Kids Go Free’ game against Halifax on Saturday July 6th.

Pfft, who cares about kids? Ungrateful n'er do wells!

Away jersey released:

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/01/18/toronto-wolfpack-launch-2019-isc-away-kit/

My God, isc just aren't that good.

Here's yer jersey, it's big black stripes and black and white little stripes to look like grey. Aren't we such amazing designers! We know your country colours are red and white, but red and white just simply clash with our turtle neck black merino shirts and thick black square rimmed designer glasses.

Plus we've basically copied Hull F.C.'s kit.

2019-away-kit-1200x900-800x600.jpg

Anyway... hello off season.

Go Canucks go!

The new season begins!
Kick off has come and gone in Toronto's first game of the new footy season. The world's first professional trans-Atlantic sporting team travelled to England to take on the newly promoted team, York.

Still reeling (well I am) from a disastrous finish last year where Toronto lost in the 'million pound game' and bombed their chance to be promoted to Super league, a new coach and a host of new players were signed.

Add to that a terrible looking away jersey and we're all hoping Toronto's on field results blind us from how they look. Sales of jerseys = 3 (estimation)

Yet, newly promoted York were not about to give away the points easily. They had won 15 of their last games at home and with a scoreline reading 4-0 to Toronto at half time, both teams were up for a fight.

Around the 60th minute, when teams can really start to feel the pinch fitness wise, Toronto scored another try. Taking an 'apparent' leaf from the Manly play book about not having your kicker practice...ever, the conversion remained as elusive as a Unicorn sun bathing at the North pole.

A try under the posts in the 79th minute was converted by said Unicorn and
Toronto ran out winners 14-0.

You can read the official report by clicking the link below.... but it does mention breaking a deadlock in the 69th minute (how can 4-0 be a deadlock??) and later says the try was in the 49th minute.... so who knows what drunkard is writing that report!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/02/03/match-report-york-city-knights-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

P.S. Darcy Lussick came on from the bench and knocked on with his first touch.

sigh

Toronto win game two.

Rochdale Hornets 6 – 58 Toronto Wolfpack

Match report:
https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/02/10/match-report-rochdale-hornets-6-58-toronto-wolfpack/

Darcy set up a try and barged over to score another. I thought I should mention him as I pointed out his knock on last week.

Rochdale ran outta puff in the second half and I think Toronto scored 3 tries, even when they were a man down for 10 mins.

Interesting info.... re FIJI

Rochdale Hornets brought in a Fijian contingent in the early 1960s, starting with Orisi Dawai and Josefa Levula in 1961 and, later Apisai Toga. This has resulted in Rochdale having the largest Fijian community in the UK, outside of London.

(From wiki)

Everyone is expecting a tougher match next week when the wolfpack take on fellow promotion favourites, Widnes Vikings. Toronto will certainly have to lift their game and play much better than they did against Rochdale. It'll be interesting to watch as Widnes have been a real basket case over the last few years but apparently they have bought some good players. I think they hand a bucket around at games to raise money to help the club, so money is a bit tight.

Anyway, Go Manly!

Toronto Wolfpack have completed their first bit of business of 2019 with the signing of Leeds Rhinos forward Anthony Mullally on a two-year deal.

A Grand Final winner with the Rhinos, Mullally ends a three-season stint with the Super League outfit and will reunite with former Leeds Head Coach Brian McDermott for the Canadians with immediate effect.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/02/15/anthony-mullally-joins-pack/

Toronto Wolfpack 30 – 6 Widnes Vikings

Toronto Wolfpack made it three wins from three in 2019 on the back of a determined performance against Widnes Vikings at Kingston Park, Newcastle, UK.

woohoo!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/02/16/match-report-toronto-wolfpack-30-6-widnes-vikings/

The opening points were registered in the 14th minute on the back of a high ball from the boot of Jon Wilkin that threatened to return with snow such was it’s altitude. Widnes were unable to handle the ball when it finally found its way back to ground-level and Blake Wallace pounced on the resultant knock on before weaving through the defence to give the scoreboard operators their first task of the day.

Darcy Lussick found a hole in the Vikings defence and galloped down the centre of the field untouched before linking up with Jon Wilkin and Andy Ackers to see the latter cross the line and extend the lead.

Toronto Wolfpack 30 – 6 Widnes Vikings

Toronto Wolfpack made it three wins from three in 2019 on the back of a determined performance against Widnes Vikings at Kingston Park, Newcastle, UK.

woohoo!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2019/02/16/match-report-toronto-wolfpack-30-6-widnes-vikings/

The opening points were registered in the 14th minute on the back of a high ball from the boot of Jon Wilkin that threatened to return with snow such was it’s altitude. Widnes were unable to handle the ball when it finally found its way back to ground-level and Blake Wallace pounced on the resultant knock on before weaving through the defence to give the scoreboard operators their first task of the day.

Darcy Lussick found a hole in the Vikings defence and galloped down the centre of the field untouched before linking up with Jon Wilkin and Andy Ackers to see the latter cross the line and extend the lead.

Widnes are their main opposition in that comp aren't they?

Widnes are their main opposition in that comp aren't they?

Yup. Toronto knocked Widnes out of superleague so Widnes obviously look to get a bit of their own back. A nice rivalry forming there. The experts were saying before the game that it'll be real tough and I bow to their knowledge... but Widnes (I said before) were a basketcase over the last few years but they bought well and I guess sometimes you have an off day.

When new team mates are still working each other out, sometimes things don't always go smoothly.

Toronto, however, played quite well. A good crowd for the double header was nice to see.

Dunny dill Williams could be about to join the Canadians

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/92a231127d12181ac86d1166d3f79bde

Sources suggest the ambitious Canadian side will have to table around $5 million - part of which would be exempt under marquee player rules in the British game - to bring Williams back to league.

And Toronto’s owner David Argyle confirmed to foxsports.com.au that they were hopeful of bringing him to Canada on a one-year deal.

“We are working towards making Sonny Bill Williams a Wolfpack player for 2020. We would love to have him join the Wolfpack family and we will pay whatever it takes to make that happen,” Argyle said.

“The excitement he would bring to the sport of rugby league in this country would be incredible.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2