Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm with you GE, try to like Lussick and he makes it hard. Wasn't convinced about the sin binning of the Leeds guy who "crusher" tackled Lussick just before Lussick slapped Parcell. Junior footy taught me, never give a penalty away when you have the ball.
HKR will do the job. Obviously this might be Widnes' last hurrah after only something like 1 win in the last 4 months but I can't see it. Tim Sheens will have his team primed for the task.

I thought the binning was tough but at the time it was 16-16 so I was happy to take it.

I was beginning to think I was a Toronto jinx. I missed the first part of the game and when I got to tune in, Toronto was leading 12-10. Then within about 10 mins, Toronto had a try (correctly) disallowed, 3 penalties against, and a try + conversion scored against.

Parcell earned his team a couple of timely penalities. It was like he knew how Lussick behaves, gave him a bit of a niggle and then Darcy slapped him. As you said. Why? Toronto had the ball, in an attacking area, Leeds one player down..... *slap* fmd Lussick, you really don't get this whole 'team first' thing do ya?!

Good to see Cuthbertson still running around though.

Super league can be a tough gig with relegation, etc. I mean Leeds were the champions last year and this year....had to fight to stay in the top tier.

Anyway, here's hoping Hull choke like St George during the second half of every season.

PS: A good field goal by O'Brien. 45 metres out. Noice!

Wonderful result and shows Toronto should be competitive in first division if they get there. What is so important about Toronto getting into the top grade is that it adds to the interest of the game in Canada and possibly the US that has New York considering a team. Great step forward. A shame we've of dunderheads like Greenberg holding the game back in this country.

As expected, Hull thumped Widnes meaning Toronto are in 4th place.

They will play the London Broncos for the final promotion spot into Super League.

Very important game!

Kinda sucks that Toronto didn't make the top three...but it is what it is.

Interestingly, widnes and the esl had to release a presser stating that for Widnes was going to try to win the game. I didn't see it so I don't know if widnes actually did try, or just went 'stuff it'.

Well, Toronto knows what has to be done now!

end of first set, toronto put up the bomb, london fullback spills it, toronto go under and plant the ball...

6 million video reviews underway to see if a player was in front of the kicker (I think yes....easily)

finally vid ref rules offside. (boo)

moving on...

good to see b/s penalties aren't limited to the nrl.

fmd, bronco player plays the ball by kicking it hard enough between his feet that would make rinaldo proud, into a toronto player and....."penalty broncos"

following play, bronco player loses the ball, ref says he called held.

English ref, btw

sigh.... 5th set broncos basically camped on toronto's try line and.....

penalty broncos.

Can we just give them a try and get on with the game then?

London taking the penalty goal.

14th min, toronto player lifted, penalty toronto (first penalty)

Toronto held up over the line.

No chase stanley or liam Key for toronto this game.

good defence by london and they come away with the ball

Toronto get the ball back but....you guessed it, 'penalty broncos'

Last edited:
london pass the ball behind their players, toronto's caton brown kicks and chases 3 times and allllmost get's it but 1 kick too many and caton brown knocks it on.

more push and shoving

Good london defence.

Toronto kick on the 5th and........

anyone?

'penalty broncos'

****ing hell

Bronco's knock on, that must hurt the ref! lol Ref calls 'ball out' when it has just left the halfback's hand (still way in the scrum). Realises that looks suss so finds a penalty for toronto in the next play. Toronto, in their surprise to have the ball, subsequently drop it.

London's surprise at Toronto's surprise...also drop the ball. (24th minute)

A few normal sets have ensued. London happy to kick for touch at the end of every set. Toronto happy to up and under it.

Still 2-0 broncos

Last edited:
London making easy metres but forget what happens on the 5th. Turnover.

Toronto also go about 90 metres but the kick is too deep.

London player touched after passing the ball so.... 'penalty broncos'. Nice help that one.

As there's no tries scored yet, the ref decides to give the tackler 10 mins in the bin.

IN this league the ref blows his whistle 2 to 3 times per penalty. the game sounds like a marching band is in town.

Goal line drop out - broncos

sigh - knock on toronto. london kick the ball all the way up field but toronto re-gather so the ball comes all the way back for the scrum.

Last edited:
bull****. broncos does an inglis like dive into the ground so....

anyone

'penalty broncos'

Toronto player gets lifted...no penalty so the crowd go off then.... penalty toronto

Toronto held up over the line. Turnover.

36th min

HALF TIME

2-0 Broncos

Second half under way.

Toronto more enthusiastic.

Toronto over...ref rules no try (held up) and off to the video ref.....players everywhere.... I just don't think there's enough evidence to rule a try.....

and no try ruled (boo)

Good defence broncos. turnover

sigh. 4th tackle and .... 'penalty broncos'

yay penalty toronto (broncos offside)

56th minute penalty to Toronto. They take the kick 42 metres out and....it's over!

2-2

And toronto stuff it up at the restart. Leading to a goal line drop out. Toronto follow that up with a high tackle shoulder charge because they are morons.

Broncos take the kick at goal and.....

4-2 broncos

giphy.gif

Penalty Toronto.

Going for goal. 40 out and 10 in. Not an easy one.

And......just misses (ouch)

score remains 4-2 broncos 70th minute

Toronto over again.... but ref rules no try, held up. Can this be the third 'no try' against Toronto?????

vid ref says...... (I don't think it's a try).....

HELD UP for the third time!

oh **** me

Toronto get a penalty, on the attack, 5 mins to go. moronasaurus kicks on the SECOND then gives away a penalty

2 mins to go. Not looking good. Big defensive game from London. Scrum to Toronto.

Toronto go wide...pass to their winger with 1 cm of space. Knocked into touch. London scrum.

It looks like the big underdogs will beat the (maybe entitled) Toronto wolfpack and Toronto get one more year in the second tier league.

Such a close 'super 8 qualifier' series. Toronto won 5 games and almost in every other year that'd be automatic promotion.

But ya gotta win the games.

Stretcher comes out for a Toronto tackler who came off second best.

Totally disappointing. With sims and lussick you'd almost thing they'd be unstoppable at this level.

10 seconds to go. If only the Totonto player in the first minute...was 30 centimetres further back, he'd would've been behind the kicker and Toronto would have scored in the first minute.

The referee tells josh McCrone 5 or 6 times that he wont tell him something again.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4