Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Leigh Centurions Vs Toronto Wolfpack

Toronto (3-0) travelled to Greater Manchester to take on the Leigh Centurions (2-1).

A tougher than expected game saw Toronto continue their unbeaten run with a hard fought 14-8 victory.

For the second week in a row Toronto finished with no reserves on the bench making the grinding win more satisfying, though no injuries would be better still.

The halftime score was 10-2 (Toronto).
Early in the second half a yellow card to Leigh was capitalised immediately by Toronto extending the lead to 14-2.
About the 60th minute, when Leigh was expected to tire, they scored after a (gasp) prop forward regathered his own kick and ran over untouched.

14-8 and the try inspired Leigh to play a razzle dazzle style of throw the ball around which looked like working on a few occasions. Simple misreads like not seeing a two man overlap cost Leigh at least one try.

The razzle dazzle of Leigh rubbed off on Toronto who followed suit when they didn't need too. This included 8 million dud offloads and two 5th tackle kicks sailing out on the full.
Thankfully the final whistle went, Toronto wins 14-8. Interestingly they were outscored 6-4 in the second half.

French born Toronto player Springer, has the need to offload whenever he gets tackled regardless of the result. Hopefully the Toronto coach can belt that out of him (I can't, he's 6'2" and 112kgs...) as it's unnecessary.

Famed goal kicker Gareth O'Brien can't nail anything unless it is right in front of the posts. He makes Jamie Lyon look like a 98% sharpshooter.

Crap kickers bug me. The team trains their butts off to score 4 points, the least a kicker can do is perfect the art of adding 50% of a try's value to the scoreline.

Crowd was 3,142. Lots of cheering and chants for the home team after the game even considering the loss. It was nice to hear.

Next up Toronto take on the Dewsbury Rams (still in England). The Rams are 1-1-1 so far.

For a far more intelligent report, click this link.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/match-report-leigh-centurions-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

Leigh Centurions Vs Toronto Wolfpack

Toronto (3-0) travelled to Greater Manchester to take on the Leigh Centurions (2-1).

A tougher than expected game saw Toronto continue their unbeaten run with a hard fought 14-8 victory.

For the second week in a row Toronto finished with no reserves on the bench making the grinding win more satisfying, though no injuries would be better still.

The halftime score was 10-2 (Toronto).
Early in the second half a yellow card to Leigh was capitalised immediately by Toronto extending the lead to 14-2.
About the 60th minute, when Leigh was expected to tire, they scored after a (gasp) prop forward regathered his own kick and ran over untouched.

14-8 and the try inspired Leigh to play a razzle dazzle style of throw the ball around which looked like working on a few occasions. Simple misreads like not seeing a two man overlap cost Leigh at least one try.

The razzle dazzle of Leigh rubbed off on Toronto who followed suit when they didn't need too. This included 8 million dud offloads and two 5th tackle kicks sailing out on the full.
Thankfully the final whistle went, Toronto wins 14-2. Interestingly they were outscored 6-4 in the second half.

French born Toronto player Springer, has the need to offload whenever he gets tackled regardless of the result. Hopefully the Toronto coach can belt that out of him (I can't, he's 6'2" and 112kgs...) as it's unnecessary.

Famed goal kicker Gareth O'Brien can't nail anything unless it is right in front of the posts. He makes Jamie Lyon look like a 98% sharpshooter.

Crap kickers bug me. The team trains their butts off to score 4 points, the least a kicker can do is perfect the art of adding 50% of a try's value to the scoreline.

Crowd was 3,142. Lots of cheering and chants for the home team after the game even considering the loss. It was nice to hear.

Next up Toronto take on the Dewsbury Rams (still in England). The Rams are 1-1-1 so far.

For a far more intelligent report, click this link.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/match-report-leigh-centurions-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

A most entertaining review GE.

Thanks guys.

Also, after the game the coach was asked about SBW and said while Toronto is always on the lookout for any good player, neither side has made contact with one another about any possibly SBW signing.

For whatever that's worth!

No one has asked me about it either. I've yet to make contact with SBW's manager on behalf of the board. That's worth even less!

Thanks guys.

Also, after the game the coach was asked about SBW and said while Toronto is always on the lookout for any good player, neither side has made contact with one another about any possibly SBW signing.

For whatever that's worth!

No one has asked me about it either. I've yet to make contact with SBW's manager on behalf of the board. That's worth even less!
Don't tell me that FAKE NEWS has infiltrated the Canadian rugby league media already.

Is Toronto the new Sea Eagles. The refs must think so. Dewsbury at home kicked 5 penalty goals to nil and almost beat the Wolfpack, who scored 4 tries to one. Anyone got more details?

Is Toronto the new Sea Eagles. The refs must think so. Dewsbury at home kicked 5 penalty goals to nil and almost beat the Wolfpack, who scored 4 tries to one. Anyone got more details?

Boo! I do. I finished watching it about an hour ago and was working on my write up.

But now....

wastepaper bin

:(

Here tis!

The undefeated 4 and 0 Toronto Wolfpack were expected to have an easy game against the 1 and 3 Dewsbury Rams earlier today. One problem though, no one told the Rams how the script was supposed to go.

90 seconds in it looked like business as usual for Toronto as they headed for the tryline. Unfortunately for them the ball was knocked out, legally, in the act of scoring.

The day was a rainy one with a heavy track and the Rams pulled out their best wet weather play book and rigidly stuck to the process. When Toronto gave away a penalty the Rams game plan was uncovered. No nonsense footy and take the two points when you can.

Toronto seemed like they were in an obliging mood and two penalties goals had the underdogs 4-0 in front.

Darcy Lussick got a start in the run on side with big gun Ashton Sims still out injured, and was doing his best to keep it with some early strong runs and legally smashing some, well, undersized player who ran the ball up from a 20 metre re-start.

You could see the skill level of Toronto would be far greater if it was a sunny day, but it wasn’t and at the 22 minute mark the Rams dived on a little chip kick to score the game’s first try. The Rams benefited greatly from there being no video review as the ball wasn’t even close to being grounded. But as is the way in second division games that don’t have their own Cameron smith’s to ref whisper, everyone got on with it. Also, if you don’t want a forward to sneak over and get a try, don’t stand around playing with your tallywhackers and dive on the damn footy when it is in your in goal!

The score was now 10-0 and Toronto finally realised they were in a game of footy, which means that Lussick gave away another penalty! Luckily the attempt was missed.

At the 34th minute mark, Toronto ran the ball down the right side on the 5th and scoooooored!

O’Brien kept up his usual “if it ain’t in front, I don’t convert it” motto and missed, albeit, a difficult kick.

Half time…. 10-4.

I don’t know what the Toronto coach said at half time but it was…. Ineffective to the max!

The Rams tackled hard, ran harder and played a masterful game of wet weather football. 90 seconds in and, you guessed it, the Rams kicked another penalty goal. 12-4.

That was followed by another penalty goal, and yet another penalty goal. The scoreline read 16-4 with only 25 minutes to go.

Sidenote: the rams have a very big winger, #23 (I think) and a massive forward, #35 who, if someone could inject a bit of watmough like mongrel into him, could be anything. Just a bit too much of a gentle giant at the moment.

Would the Rams be game smart enough to realise they were 12 in front and go for the field goal? Yes.

The lead was now 13 points with 16 minutes to go.

Disaster in the Deluge, or The miracle on Mud. (depending on who you cheer for)
Two minutes later, Toronto’s Brierley re-gathered a kick and scored. Luckily for him, he slid straight through an open gate and not into the static fence around the ground. As the try was next to the posts, it was converted. 17-10

Two minutes later Wallace dragged a bunch (plethora?) of defenders over the line next to the posts so another 6 points to the Toronto total. 17-16

A few minutes later a slick backline move saw Gaz O’Brien slide over the line for a 20 to 17 lead! O’Brien decided that the only conversions he’ll make out wide will be from his own tries so the scoreline increased to 22-17.

The Rams were shell-shocked. 3 tries in about 5 minutes and all their amazing work was undone.

With 5 minutes to go Lussick (sigh) got pinged for a high tackle but to be fair, it wasn’t, however he got 10 in the bin but so did a Rams player who was third man Thaiday into the ensuing push and shove.

On the attack with 3 minutes to go a Rams player inexplicably spat at a Toronto opponent. The touchie came in, a red card was shown, a penalty was awarded and the Wolfpack were out of trouble.

So, somehow Toronto remains undefeated but after this great escape, next week it is off to France. Tre Bien! And they will be playing at the Stade Ernest-Argeles in France to face Toulouse Olympique.

Be there or… well you’re not a true supporter.

It’s after 11pm. I’m off to bed watch tv.

Sounds like the games have everything, they just need to expand their finals to say 14 teams.

Damn French!

Toulouse Olympique Vs Toronto Wolfpack – Broadcast Update
01/03/2019

Toronto Wolfpack have been unable to find a suitable broadcast production partner in France for the game against Toulouse on March 9th. As a result this game will unfortunately not be televised.

This decision has been taken in consideration of the quality of broadcast as well as the associated costs (Toronto Wolfpack pay the full cost of producing all of our games in 2019).

Fans are assured that all remaining 2019 Betfred Championship games in the UK and Canada will be shown across our network of global partners, including Game TV and CBC Sports (online) in Canada, Sky Sports in the UK and around the world on the Toronto Wolfpack Facebook page.

Well written Global. Loved your commentary and obviously my impressions were a little slanted. Tough fought out game. it seems

Well written Global. Loved your commentary and obviously my impressions were a little slanted. Tough fought out game. it seems

Not a problem. I was always going to do a write up (didn't think it'd be that long), I just used your comment to buy me some time! Lol, cough. Life was getting in the way.

Next week's game should be tough.

-THUD-
Yup, that was the sound of the wolfpack being brought down to earth after Toulouse came from behind to deliver a 46-16 point ka-thumping!

The game wasn't televised so I encourage anyone wanting to read about this disaster to read the official game report.

Sacre Bleu!

Tabernac!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/match-report-toulouse-olympique-vs-toronto-wolfpack-2/

Toulouse Olympique ended Toronto Wolfpack’s perfect start to the 2019 Betfred Championship season with a hard fought comeback win at the Stade Ernest-Wallon.

The Wolfpack went into the game with 5 wins from 5 and a maximum 10 points at the top of the Championship table. The Pack also boasted wins over their French opponents in all three encounters to date (two regular season and one Super 8s The Qualifiers game in 2018).

Recovering from going behind to a Parata try in the 4th minute, Wolfpack tries from Wallace, Beswick and Leutele gave the Pack a 16-6 half time lead.

After half time a quick fire brace from Robin, both converted by Khierallah, edged Toulouse in front on 49 minutes. From there tries from Marguerite, Curran and two from Khierellah, who also kicked all conversions and contributed two penalties in a stellar performance, ensured Toulouse took the two points moving to a 4-0-2 record.

Also...

Give us back our mascot ya thieving mongrels!

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/missing-jefferson-appeal/

Not looking good for the Wolfpack's efforts to reach the Superleague

Hopefully just a 'blip' Big ole blip though. Went down "40-0" in the second half. lol

Still leading the comp at the moment, had one player concussed early on. Lussick played after being sick all week and another player (bodene..?) played injured. Sims still out so.... I dunno #sackbarrett ?

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/brad-fash-joins-the-pack-on-loan/

Toronto Wolfpack have confirmed the signing of Brad Fash from Hull FC, on a one-month loan deal.

The 23 year-old second-row made his Super League debut in 2015 aged just 19. He has made 51 appearances in all for the Yorkshire side, while also appearing for Leigh Centurions and Doncaster during loan spells.

Fash will join up with Brian McDermott’s squad with immediate effect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/international-online-store-launches-for-toronto-wolfpack-fans/

International Online Store Launches for Toronto Wolfpack fans

International fans of the Toronto Wolfpack will be able to get their hands on the Wolfpack’s kit this Friday (March 15) thanks to the launch of the Betfred Championship Rugby League team’s online store.

The online store – torontowolfpackshop.co.uk – is set to be unveiled as part of Toronto’s Wolfpack’s partnership with kit manufacturer ISC. The exciting project re-enforces the world’s first transatlantic professional sports team’s ambition to develop the Club in the international market, creating interest and support for the team and building a global fanbase.

ISC are an international sporting apparel company, and already partner with a large range of Rugby League teams across the world, including Australian NRL, and UK Super League.

The online store will be available for fans in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and other nations across the world with fans able to purchase 2019 Home and Away jerseys for Men, Women and Children, as well as new Training gear. The Training range includes Men’s and Children’s kit and contains Polos, Tees, Jackets, Beanies and Caps.

Toronto Wolfpack v Batley Bulldogs.
Cut to the chase: Toronto 34 def Batley 12

After Toronto's first loss last week, all the right things were said and all the right things were done at training according to Toronto coach Brian McDermott.

Ranked higher than Batley, Toronto got off to a good start with a try to Scottish international Russell under the first 5 minutes.
Gaz O'Brien kept up his "if it ain't in front I can't convert it" motto and missed the admittedly difficult sideline conversion.
A second try in the 11th minute was scored neared the posts and almost as powerful a miracle as the Red sea parting, O'Brien converted. 10-0 Toronto and is was looking like a long weekend for Batley was on the cards.

Then 4 minutes later a Toronto marker was called offside and instead of making the tackle and giving away a penalty he did 'the right thing', put his hands up and stayed out of the play.
Batley capitalised on this by running straight past him into open space. A simple draw and pass (unlike Elliot to Parker....grrr) lead to Batley's first try next to the post - which was duly converted. 10-6 Toronto.

Toronto really fired in the "second quarter" of the first half scoring 4 unanswered tries including an intercept try by Leutele; his second try of the game. Some strong forward performances gave the backs space to do their thing. Though fan favourite Ashton Sims is still on the damn sidelines but we were treated to his game analysis commentary which was appreciated and better than most of the dregs who appear on fox and channel 9.

Gaz O'Brien missed conversion after conversion until Brierley decided to take the final kick himself and...converted.

Half time: 28 - 6.

Both coaches had the same team talk, hang onto the ball, stay disciplined and leak no videos. Batley were running at about 60% completion so they needed the talk more.

It started to rain early in the second half, and I mean it poured down. They say if you can see rain on the tv it's much heavier there. Well in that case it was rain-ageddon!

The open style of play was abandoned as was the skill level. It seemed like both teams struggled to get out of first gear (ala Manly) with dropped balls and other mistakes galore.

Toronto scored in the 55th minute, under the posts which meant, anyone...anyone... yup O'Brien actually converted.

Highlight of the match came 5 minutes later when Batley put a kick through on the 5th tackle. O'Brien was following the ball to the dead ball area but a desperate dive by a Batley player raked the ball infield which was then dived on Jouffret. It wasn't quite Inglis in that test good, but a testament to never giving up and maybe how fullbacks should have their heads in the game at all times.

Because it wasn't
Toronto the try was converted.

That was it and the game finished 34-12 to Toronto with the 'second half' score being 6-6. Toronto coach was happy with the effort and said once the rain started it was a case of just shutting up shop.

Batley, to their credit were very keen. It could be said that they were too keen at times leading to them trying too hard, giving away penalties and making handling mistakes.

The game took place after a Super League match that pitted Hull Kingston Rovers against Catalans Dragons and ended in a narrow triumph for the visiting Dragons, 16-18.

I think all but 300 people left after the super league game as the crowd was not that big.

Toronto take on Halifax next week, still in England.
Toronto next play at home on April the 28th.

If you want a much more intelligent match review, click on this link:

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/games/toronto-wolfpack-vs-batley-bulldogs/

Thanks!

Excellent summary GE and don't sell yourself down or were you just wanting someone to say it WAS an intelligent wrap up. OK, it was an intelligent wrap up. Thanks mate because it seems Toronto has become Sea Eagle Supporter's adopted favourite kin. Hope they make the SuperLeague for next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6