Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@globaleagle ... small footnote in the telecrap today says that Toronto at risk of folding at the end of the year ???

Must be true then! lol

I dunno. It's above my (lack of) pay grade. If they can't fulfill their responsibilities - whether hard done by by the esl or not, then they should lose their licence.

I see the esl came out today and said they were going to remove 'all evidence' of toronto in the 2020 season. IE: Teams who had beaten them will have those 2 points deducted, etc.

What happens next year...if there is one...is something I dunno about.

I guess I can follow the newly formed Ottawa aces who will be attempting to do the same thing as Toronto.

Not privy to all info but the esl haven't been supportive of this expansion ever. I'd like to see Nth america start up their own...and have it the number 2 comp behind the nrl (irony) as it wouldn't be hard to do in the esl.

that said...I certainly don't like hearing about late payments (I guess the players hate it even more!)

My guess is that while it can happen (to anyone) it'll be determined more from the esl's response to Toronto in 2021 then them pulling out now.

All a sad mess you have gotten us into @globaleagle .... hope they survive and kick on ... but like your call for a North Americal Comp ....

I am not certain that journalist was doing you any favours with this line ... " When you attend a Toronto Wolfpack match you’re attending an event. It is similar to a day at the races or a night at the darts, .... a night at the fukken DARTS!

All a sad mess you have gotten us into @globaleagle .... hope they survive and kick on ... but like your call for a North Americal Comp ....

I am not certain that journalist was doing you any favours with this line ... " When you attend a Toronto Wolfpack match you’re attending an event. It is similar to a day at the races or a night at the darts, .... a night at the fukken DARTS!

Well... the darts are a very popular night in England. They also televise them! It's nuts.

sheesh, it is a mess. I blame..... * I'll get back to ya! *

Not a total surprise but alas...!

Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that regrettably the club’s application to re-enter the Betfred Super League for the 2021 season, under new ownership, has not been approved.

The Wolf Grooming Investment Group were not able to agree terms for re-entry with Super League Europe, the Rugby Football League (RFL) and the 11 current Super League member clubs at a meeting earlier today.

The Toronto Wolfpack have lost their bid for reinstatement into Super League next year.

The decision was made by the other 11 Super League teams, the Rugby Football League and Super League chief executive Robert Elstone. Wolfpack chairman and CEO Bob Hunter confirmed Monday’s vote results.

SUPER League clubs have voted against allowing Toronto Wolfpack to rejoin the competition in 2021.

It is understood only three clubs - Leeds Rhinos, St Helens and Catalans Dragons, plus the Rugby Football League - voted in favour the Canadian side to be reinstated after pulling out of this year's competition on the eve of the restart, citing financial difficulties.
Seven clubs and Super League itself voted against the proposal, with one abstention - believed to be Warrington Wolves.

From the moment they entered the comp there was an inevitability about it. Playing a game that is alien to the locals in a different continent to the opposition was always doomed to failure. The English rl have way too many of their own problems without taking on any more

From the moment they entered the comp there was an inevitability about it. Playing a game that is alien to the locals in a different continent to the opposition was always doomed to failure. The English rl have way too many of their own problems without taking on any more
Actually the Wolfpack was attracting a growing local supporter base in Toronto. My Canadian mate was a member and used to attend matches. He said the atmosphere at the grounds was like a party. He brought over a Wolfpack jersey when he visited last year and I wear it occasionally.
I think that the sport would catch on in Canada and the USA if given a chance.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2