Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I meant to say that I found out Darcy Lussick is suspended for punching ex team mate Jack Bussey in the featherstone match.

I'm not sure why I didn't just assume that in the game report. lol

/carry on

As always - i love your work @globaleagle

I was a fraction disappointed that you didn't attach any photos (of either the footy, or that Canadian supporter) but nonetheless, I won't hold it against you!

Excited to see how they get on in the finals series... we are only a couple of years away from seeing Wolfpack v Manly for the WCC given the way our two teams are performing.

Now i need to disclose my greatest fear.... T Baz waits 12 months (for his daughter to finish her HSC) and then takes on the coaching role of Wolfpack. God help us - pelase don't let it happen!

As always - i love your work @globaleagle

I was a fraction disappointed that you didn't attach any photos (of either the footy, or that Canadian supporter) but nonetheless, I won't hold it against you!

Crikey! Tough marker! lol

Best I could do

B2w9ep4.png

No T-Baz to Toronto!

Whew. That was a close one. But a win is a win. Big game next GE. York have been on a roll. Great report as usual GE. Could smell the sweat.

Bloomin' 'eck.

Toronto Wolfpack have taken the decision to stand down our broadcast and production for the scheduled games at Lamport Stadium against York City Knights (August 10th) and Leigh Centurions (September 7th). The Wolfpack have invested a significant amount of money in covering all costs for the production to date in 2019. This decision has been made to reduce costs in the lead up to our much anticipated Betfred Championship playoff campaign.

With all regular season games outside of Toronto now complete, fans in Canada have been able to watch 15 of the 17 games taking place outside Canada this season live on both Game TV and CBC Sports (online). In all 20 out of 23 games have been available live on Sky Sports in the UK, as well as being delivered into 150 million homes worldwide thanks to the Wolfpack’s valued global broadcast partnerships. This commitment signifies that the Wolfpack are the most viewed team in UK Rugby League this year.

Toronto Wolfpack look forward to returning to our largest ever global television audiences in September, when the Betfred Championship playoffs get underway.

Bloody hell. I take my hat off (little @globaleagle reference for you) to them for funding their own coverage. THAT is dedication to growing your support base and future profitability of the model.....

Don't blame them for saving the coin now on the dead rubbers and throwing the support into the finals games.

Will Global still be providing play by play coverage?

Bloody hell. I take my hat off (little @globaleagle reference for you) to them for funding their own coverage. THAT is dedication to growing your support base and future profitability of the model.....

Don't blame them for saving the coin now on the dead rubbers and throwing the support into the finals games.

Will Global still be providing play by play coverage?

Thanks for the reference;
I know, nice commitment!
Annnnnd probably not. :(

Ashton Sims Announces Retirement
09/08/2019

Rugby League stalwart and Toronto Wolfpack favourite Ashton Sims has announced his decision to hang up the boots at the end of the 2019 season. Sims has taken to the field a remarkable 384 times across a storied 17-year career spanning continents and leagues, including 15 appearances for his beloved Fiji national side.

One of the most popular players ever to pull on a Wolfpack jersey, Sims is widely known for the welcoming nature and friendly banter that defies his size and strength on-field. A fan-favourite because of the time he has for everyone in the stands, a sponsor and media favourite that represented the Wolfpack on mainstream television and radio and a locker-room favourite for his commitment to the cause and willingness to help in every situation, Ashton Sims’ place in Rugby League history is assured.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/ashton-sims-announces-retirement/

Toronto Wolfpack v York City Knights

Halftime: 32 - 0 to Toronto.
Gaz O’Brien (3), Hakim Miloudi, Josh McCrone, and Andrew Dixon all score for the Wolfpack.

Second half:

41st min: Try Toronto! Ackers dummies left and right and runs 3 metres himself to score right next to the posts.
ge leads the curse by watching as the conversion is missed. 36-0
44th min: Try Toronto! McCrone scores. A long break made up field, a simple draw and pass by Ackers and McCrone scores under the posts. Conversion made: 42-0

51st min: Try Knights! While the announcer was unprofessionally talking about birthdays of people in the crowd over the tune In da club by 50 cent, the York City knights go over to claim their first points. Toronto 42 - 6 York City

54th min: Try Toronto! The wolfpack hit straight back with a right side passing move and Nick Rawsthorne scores in the corner, and we know what that means, the conversion is missed.
Toronto 46 - 6 York City

61st min: Try Toronto! After some decent back and forth play winger Matty Russell scores in the left hand corner doing his Taufua impersonation. It's good to see O'Brien and Russell back playing. Obviously the conversion was missed because *reasons* but there's the half century against the number two side. Toronto 50 - 6 York City.

~Do do doooo, waiting for a highlight to publish. Tra la la le la. I'm on a highway to hell de de dah...~

79th min: Try Toronto! 'Ere we go. Ackers scores his second with a scurry from 15 metres out, customary dummy and cuts through some tired defence to score next to the right upright. The conversion is good and it's Toronto 56 - 6 York City.

Full time: Toronto Wolfpack 56 def York City Knights 6
A comprehensive win over the number two side, clinical even, and fingers crossed for no injuries and a good run in the finals. There's still three regular season games to go.

The York City players applaud and go and give their supporters high fives and the like as an appreciation for travelling to the game from the UK. A nice touch by both the players and the fans. Well done! Didn't see any souths jerseys in the crowd proving that souths fans don't travel.

Toulouse move back into second place courtesy of their win.
Next week the Wolfpack play the last placed Rochdale hornets.

Thanks for sticking with this sketchy update today, as you know, there was no TV coverage and all messages had to be sent to me by carrier pigeon. :)

Last edited:
Bradford player cops 8 weeks for the squirrel grip on Toronto's fullback a few games ago.

Bradford hooker George Flanagan has been given an eight-match ban for attacking the testicles of an opponent.
Flanagan, 32, was seen on video footage making contact with Toronto's French fullback Hakim Miloudi during the Bulls' 25-20 defeat by the Wolfpack at Odsal in England's second-tier Championship last week.

(Round 23, report on this page, 32nd minute)

Flanagan pleaded guilty at the hearing to the Grade F charge and, in addition to the eight-match ban which ends his season, he was fined $440.
Grade F offences are the most serious grading open to the review panel and carry a suspension of eight games or more.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bradfo...esticles/d3da1ee0-2da0-4e20-9b7a-2d1e65d6b22d

$440 ,that fine is an absolute joke to a professional sportsmen.You get $1000 fine for littering.
(not condoning littering ,it sucks )
giphy.gif

Toronto (first) v Rochdale (last).
An even start to the match, a break out second half and an early full time call due to the weather all marked an entertaining game in Toronto today.

Still, Toronto marched on to score their 19th consecutive win and their 24th of the season with a 46 - 0 drubbing of the Rochdale hornets. With only two regular games to go Toronto are fine tuning their tactics for the playoffs and hopefully a promotion to the super League next year. Complacency may be the teams biggest obstacle and it'll be all coaching hands on deck to ensure Toronto's eyes are firmly on the promotion prize.

Now for some guff from Toronto:

It was an evenly-matched opening to the contest, with Rochdale holding firm in defense early and creating several chances within the opening twenty minutes. Eventually however, the Wolfpack managed to break the lines and open the scoring through fullback Gareth O’Brien and from there it was all Toronto.

Half time: Toronto 12-0 Rochdale
The Wolfpack came our breathing fire in the second half, registering back-to-back tries in the opening ten minutes through Tom Obison and Matty Russell. Weight of possession was telling for Toronto throughout the half, with Chase Stanley and Hakim Miloudi finding their way onto the scorers sheet and giving their side an unassailable lead.

O’Brien and Stanley would each add a second try to their personal tallies as the home side broke the shackles to eventually record a dominant 46-point win as the match was finished six minutes early due to thunder and lightening lashing the area.

Because converting tries is like so totally uncool, only 4 of Toronto's 9 tries were converted (fmd).

Full time: Toronto 46-0 Rochdale
The Wolfpack now have a week off before the arrival of Barrow Raiders for a clash at Lamport Stadium on Saturday, August 31st

You can all see some highlights on their twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/TOwolfpack

Sorry it's short 'n not so sweet, the game wasn't telecast and I forgot about it due to plotting my next step in world domination.

But thanks! :)

P.S. Ashton Sims giving away a game day smelly old boot!

ECNAAxbXsAEeI2p.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6