Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.playersvoice.com.au/ashton-sims-strangest-team-rugby-league/#uvyLrq422PpS75BM.97

It all started with a guy called Eric Perez. He ran a rugby league team out of Lamport Stadium in Toronto and drew so many big crowds, he thought they might be able to actually put a club together that played away games in England.

He hunted around for an investor, found an Australian called David Argyle, who is involved in mining, and got the nod from the Rugby Football League.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/ashton-sims-strangest-team-rugby-league/#uvyLrq422PpS75BM.97

It all started with a guy called Eric Perez. He ran a rugby league team out of Lamport Stadium in Toronto and drew so many big crowds, he thought they might be able to actually put a club together that played away games in England.

He hunted around for an investor, found an Australian called David Argyle, who is involved in mining, and got the nod from the Rugby Football League.

Excellent read, and made more sense in that article than GreenTurd has made in 10 years.

PSS. He is either the most eloquent rugby league player I have ever read .... or he has a very good ghost writer.

Sent the link off to a mate in England. Here is his reply,

At work I have come across a young man (14) who has special needs and loves his rugby league and Warrington in particular. In talking to his mum she explained how Ashton Sims took him under his wing at a coaching course and asked if he come back and work as his 'assistant' later in the summer to help with an Under 11 coaching course.He did and made he feel very special helping to develop his self esteem. He would see him after some of the Warrington games and Sims would always have the time to have a chat with him. He was very upset when he left at the end of the season. This restored my faith in rugby players when many do not always seem to be good human beings.

Sent the link off to a mate in England. Here is his reply,

At work I have come across a young man (14) who has special needs and loves his rugby league and Warrington in particular. In talking to his mum she explained how Ashton Sims took him under his wing at a coaching course and asked if he come back and work as his 'assistant' later in the summer to help with an Under 11 coaching course.He did and made he feel very special helping to develop his self esteem. He would see him after some of the Warrington games and Sims would always have the time to have a chat with him. He was very upset when he left at the end of the season. This restored my faith in rugby players when many do not always seem to be good human beings.
Great to hear, eagle66. Thanks for posting.
Sims was never the most talented forward going around (he's not even the most talented forward in his family), but he always gave his all and it's great to see him actively trying to expand the reach of a game he loves - and a game that's been good to him and his family. Seems like a quality person and I wish him and the Wolfpack well.

In the battle of the newly promoted teams Toronto took on Barrow in round two of whatever the hell league they are in.

Played in pommyland at Craven field - it is a stadium that makes Brookie look like a damn Palace!

The 5 fans that turned up looked well catered for.

The field was a sodden, muddy mess probably because for the first 20 minutes it was snowing!

It was a lacklustre, dour game that finished in a 8-8 draw!

Toronto halfback "QLT" failed to clean up a grubber kick leading directly to Barrow's only try. Not content with that he went on to attempt to single handedly break the record for most mistakes in any game played in any sport ever.

Whilst Toronto looked the better team, they had the finishing prowess of an ADHD sufferer trying to do a complex task... a millennial trying to read a book without pictures, a dog trying to...squirrel!... ge trying to do 5 situps, or some of you trying to join the tipping comp..!

It wasn't pretty.

Amazingly and INFURIATINGLY .... with 30 seconds of so to go, at 8-8, Toronto had a full set on Barrow's 10 metre line and they DIDN'T try for a drop goal!!! fmd - Ex nrl 'talent' Josh McCrone was playing so there was no excuse. I can't understand it (someone check the bookies).

So...8-8 and frustrating to watch.

burp

you wouldn't happen to be a Toronto fan would you GE?

:giggle:

Well.... happy to be one for the footy. Canada's first professional league team and the world's first transatlantic prof footy team so happy to wave the maple leaf at them; but in hockey... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo leafs boo!

It's good to see a Canadian team doing well at the professional level.

These sort of success stories provide a great platform for international growth. It may give encouragement for a team from Lebanon, Italy, etc... to make it.

After getting a 'bit of a touch up' by the London Broncos, the Wolfpack are now 2-1-1 after the first 4 games of the season.

Also:

Toronto Wolfpack lure former NRL star Reni Maitua out of retirement.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/toronto-wolfpack-sign-reni-maitua-1.4551030

"Having originally signed him at Leigh, I'm very happy to bring him in," Wolfpack coach Paul Rowley said in a statement. "There's no pressure on Reni, he comes into a strong squad and with him it just gets that little bit stronger.

R.r.r.r.r.r.r.rooooound five!!!!

TORONTO WOLFPACK 52- SWINTON LIONS 12

Toronto Wolfpack bounced back to winning ways in emphatic fashion, turning in an accomplished and clinical performance to see off Swinton Lions at Heywood Road. After being second best to the table topping London Broncos last time out, the Wolfpack were keen for a response and got that and then some, running in nine tries in a fine attacking display.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/03/04/match-report-swinton-lions-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

Round 7, Toronto win by 1 point.

Round 8 ,
TORONTO WOLFPACK 24 - 16 FEATHERSTONE ROVERS (sorry for caps)

Toronto Wolfpack moved to second place in the Betfred Championship, turning in an outstanding team performance to run out worthy winners at Featherstone Rovers and in doing so handing the West Yorkshire side their first home defeat of the season.

The Wolfpack made it five consecutive wins and leapfrogged both Rovers and London Broncos on the table after a successful Good Friday outing. The result set up a mouth-watering top of the table clash with Toulouse Olympique in France on Monday.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/03/30/match-report-featherstone-rovers-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

Bloody hell, a THREE DAY turn a round before they have to play the league leaders!!!!

How the hell does that work? It's like they are playing the broncos!

I wonder if they have coach fines over there as the Wolfpack coach said something like "I thought there some horrendous decisions by the official that I thought would cost us the game, but luckily it didn't"

lol

toddy would be yelling into his comfort pillow.

After only a THREE DAY turnaround before playing the league leaders, the wolfpack pulled off another great win!

24 TORONTO WOLFPACK - TOULOUSE OLYMPIQUE 22 (sorry re: caps)

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/2018/04/02/match-report-toulouse-olympique-vs-toronto-wolfpack/

Toronto Wolfpack are the new leaders of the Betfred Championship. The side flying the flag for rugby league in North America confirmed their place at the summit with an outstanding win over Toulouse on Easter Monday.

The Wolfpack defied all the odds to edge out the in form French side; handing them their first defeat on their own patch of the season and made it two wins from two in their second instalment of three games in eight days.

After beating Featherstone three days earlier, the Wolfpack turned in arguably their most impressive first half performance of the year and held a three score advantage with half an hour to go, but had to withstand a furious fightback from Toulouse, who cut loose in the second half to almost snatch a last gasp victory.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2