Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Toronto (1) v Toulouse (2)
We’re all hoping for less words from me this week!

It’s beach day at Lamport stadium today celebrating the first day of summer meaning there’s people dressing up in their best ‘heading off to get sunburnt and sandy’ gear. Ugh.

Only one change for Toronto, Anthony Mullally the prop who I said played well last week…gets his chance starting the game.

Toulouse on the other hand have an injury crises with 6 changes needed. Ouch.

The French national anthem is sung loud and proud by a lady with a pretty good voice (they never sing the second verse about killing those dirty Englishmen anymore!)

Not to be outdone four ladies sing the Canadian anthem in a ‘barber shop quartet’ style. It’s pretty good also. A healthy crowd gives them a warm round of applause.

Game on!
Toronto seem to forget they were kicking off and all sheepishly run back to the half way line. We now have the old picture in picture with an ad for Dyson vacuum cleaners ruining the kick-off. (sheesh)

1st min: First set and Toulouse go for the up the middle smash-a-roo but Toronto defend them well. The ball is kicked dead and is followed by a penalty for Toronto. Not a good start for Toulouse. Toronto then get a repeat set.

5th min: Try Toronto! After receiving the goal line drop out (which would have gone out on the full, by the way) Toronto swing the ball from side to side including many offloads and eventually on the 5th tackle Worthington (right centre) scores near the right hand corner post. Will Gaz O’Brien continue his great kicking form from last week? Yes! 6-0 Toronto.

9th min: Good defence by Toulouse after Toronto goes all the way up field. They hold up Anthony Ackers when he was over the try line and eventually force a mistake by the attacking Toronto.
Then a bad 5th tackle kick by Toulouse followed by an offside penalty give Toronto good field position and force another goal line drop out.

12th min: A short drop out is almost caught by Toulouse but Toronto take it then Leutele loses the ball going for the try line. Scrum Toulouse.

17th min: Try Toulouse! Some tough forward running followed by a high tackle penalty against Toronto led to a good attacking position. A massive inside forward pass was missed but some lazy inside defence led to a try next to the right hand upright for Toulouse. Conversion successful: It’s 6 all!

19th min: Looking for the ‘good set after a try’, Toulouse knock on in the first tackle. Toronto return the favour by doing the same. Coach killers everywhere. Too many unforced errors by Toronto this game.

27th min: Try Toronto! Matty Russell gets another try in the left hand corner. After Toulouse knock on deep in their own half, Gaz O’Brien puts through a deft kick and Russell picks the ball up and scores his league leading 18th try. Another difficult conversion for O’Brien is nailed! Toronto 12-6 Toulouse.

32nd min: Try Toronto! Toulouse try to go wide but drop the ball deep in their own half. Lussick is on (finally, after two games off) and almost goes over. The ball is passed to the right, then a nice tap on, and then Worthington goes over untouched on the right hand side. Too many errors by both sides this game. The camera crosses to “Gordo the non-official mascot” getting his picture taken with fans. O’Brien misses his easiest conversion attempt. Toronto 16 – 6 Toulouse.

38th min: Penalty goal Toronto! Ill-discipline from Toulouse. A lazy high shot followed by a ball strip gets Toronto up field and a penalty right in front of the posts. Toronto go for the penalty goal and get it. Toronto 18-6 Toulouse.

Half Time:
Toronto stats:

Possession: 61% Completion rate: 68% Errors: 7 Penalties 8-2 in favour. Tackles 49.

Beach balls are flying around in the crowd. Everyone likes the bikini stand.

Second Half!

47th min: Try Toulouse! A 5th tackle kick brushes the upright just enough to deflect the ball into the Toulouse player’s hands who was running through and scores under the posts. Easy conversion. Toronto 18 – 12 Toulouse.

Toulouse must have 5 Usain Bolt’s in their back line because they certainly get up into Toronto’s line quickly but the ref thinks it’s all ok.
Liam Kay drops another ball with the try line begging.
Lots of end to end footy here liberally sprinkled with mistakes.

60th min: Penalty goal Toronto! An unlucky penalty (if you’re Toulouse. Player reached in, grabbed dummy half’s arm) right in front of the posts and 1 metre out leaves O’Brien with and easy kick. Toronto 20–12 Toulouse.

65th min: Try Toulouse! There’s scrappy play everywhere by both teams but somehow Toulouse comes out on top, kept the ball alive on the 5th tackle and eventually a player picks the ball up off the ground and scores in the right hand corner.
All this started off with a scrum to Toronto being turned into a penalty for Toulouse dissent and then dropped balls and, and, and, … well the kids are having fun out there. The conversion is missed so it is: Toronto 20–16 Toulouse.

73rd min: Penalty goal Toronto! A high tackle right on Toulouse’s try line gives O’Brien and easy attempt at stretching the lead to 6 points. Toronto 22-16 Toulouse.

The re-start by Toulouse is a terrible kick which was short and out on the full.

77th min: Try Toronto! Toulouse were ruled to have dropped the ball coming out of their half (claims of a strip went unheeded) and two tackles later Ackers takes on the line and scoots through some tired defenders for a well-deserved try on the right hand side of the uprights. Not a hard conversion for O’Brien who is successful. Toronto 28-16 Toulouse.

Game over!

Toronto 28-16 Toulouse.
That’s 12 wins in a row now for Toronto but I’m not sure how happy the coach will be with this performance. It was a strange one. Toronto seemed to be in Toulouse’s 20 metre zone all match but unforced errors and good defence kept Toulouse right in this game all the way to the final whistle.

The Toronto Wolfpack now return to the UK next week with a game against Batley who sit 9th with six wins and twelve losses.

It’s interesting to see the Widnes Vikings are now 10th on 10 points after being deducted 12 points at the start of the season for financial problems. They’ve had a pretty good season otherwise.

Thanks for reading. :)

Always love your reports GE. Thanks.

I wonder how active Toronto are with signing up new players who are up to Super League.
Also, any sight of Lussick? Rumors that he had passport problems as he wrote something stupid on his declaration. So is he stuck in Canada? and is he playing?

I wonder how active Toronto are with signing up new players who are up to Super League.
Also, any sight of Lussick? Rumors that he had passport problems as he wrote something stupid on his declaration. So is he stuck in Canada? and is he playing?

I don't know about signings, sorry, but they better get it sorted.

Lussick played yesterday after being out for the last two games. He certainly was denied entry into the UK, not sure of the reason and I'm not sure why he didn't play last week in Canada (unless it was a discipline thing for writing something stupid on his declaration).

I don't know about signings, sorry, but they better get it sorted.

Lussick played yesterday after being out for the last two games. He certainly was denied entry into the UK, not sure of the reason and I'm not sure why he didn't play last week in Canada (unless it was a discipline thing for writing something stupid on his declaration).

Lussick does some stupid things sometimes... remember that time he signed for Parra?

The Toronto Wolfpack now own the city’s longest pro-sports win streak.

The Wolfpack defeated the Toulouse Olympique 28-16 to register its 12th consecutive win. As a matter of clarification, the team has had longer league win streaks but losses in the Challenge Cup interrupted streaks the past two seasons. An 11-match streak last year matched the longest Raptors (2016) and Blue Jays’ (5 times) streaks.

(Take that Toronto Maple leafs!)

There was also a haka at half time (aloha fest)

https://twitter.com/TOwolfpack/status/1142496492025995264

Toronto Wolfpack (1) v Batley Bulldogs (9)

Hello and welcome to today’s episode of ‘amateur reporting’.

6 changes this week for Batley and I don’t know why. My thanks to whoever it is talking behind the guy with the microphone when introducing the teams. It's not baulking at all!

Blake Wallace starts today as halfback meaning Joe Mellor starts off the bench for the first time in his Toronto career. Ashton Sims is back on the bench after not playing for 300 years.

A scrappy Canadian anthem is belted out over the PA system consisting of 8 pieces of string and 16 paper clubs. It also seems they got bored and switched from having someone sing to just an instrumental version halfway through. Maybe I’m wrong it could be the guy talking behind the guy with the mic. God save the Queen now belts out and it's just as good.

The pitch is, how they say, lush. That’s code for long grass isn’t it? It seems to slope a fair bit from one end to the other. Toronto are running 'downhill' in the first half.

Toronto playing in their special red ‘Canada day’ jerseys today.

Game on!

Toronto kick off and the first set is unremarkable, except Toronto seem a lot larger than the men from Batley.

We hear that Liam Key has penned a three year contract extension for Toronto. Well done, he is a good winger.

Toronto stripped of the ball but it’s ruled a knock on by Batley. This should be good as there are a couple of Batley fans near the microphone so the comments will be fun.

4th min: Try Toronto! Batley are struggling against the bigger Toronto team (the commentators say). After the knock on, Batley got penalised (laying in the tackle). My fast becoming favourite forward, Mullally takes a good run after an offload. Eventually they swing it left, fast, and wide for Russell to score in the corner. The league’s top try scorer does it again. A great conversion from Gaz O’Brien from the sideline. My digs at him have definitely worked! 6-0 Toronto.

Calls for a knock on at the re-start go unheeded. It’d be one in the nrl though.

8th min: Toronto run the ball on the last and prop Dixon eventually puts in a decent kick. Taken by their winger and three Toronto players grab him and easily walk him over the side line.

9th min: Try Toronto! Just some basic hard running plays and eventually Leutele cracks the goal line defence just to the left of the uprights. An easy conversion for O’Brien. 12-0 Toronto

In what must be some new record I’ve been interrupted 11 times in the first nine minutes! Aren’t spouses awesome, lol.

Some scrappy play from both sides possibly due to some good defence. Too many spilled balls, forward passes and knock on’s to make any coach happy.

19th min: Batley held up over the line. I think there have been 2 completed sets in the last 4 or so minutes and they’ve both been from Batley. A 5th tackle kick, a knock back then a small knock on deny Batley a try.

Toronto drop the ball from the 20 metre restart. Terrible.

23rd min: Sims is on to try and stop the flow of mistakes. It works by the fact he doesn’t make a mistake, then it doesn’t when another forward, Springer does make a mistake and drops the ball cold on the 5th.

But wait… Batley pick the ball up and put in a kick thinking it’s just a free play because of the dropped ball, but the ref rules that the advantage has been taken and penalise Batley for being offside! “It’s the rules lads, it’s the rule,” the ref can be heard saying over the not too impressed supporters near the microphone. Sims makes a good break up field then passes it to a Batley player because mistakes are the new thing! Super league is heard to be quietly chuckling in the corner.

25th min: Try Toronto! And in a blink of an eye it can all change! A good set by Batley had Toronto starting their set deep in their right hand side corner, but then bang bang ‘pop’ bang! Two quick passes left saw an unmarked Bodene Thompson charge up field. He dummies to his left then passes inside to that man again, Matty Russell, who for some reason was backing up in the middle of the field and not his wing. He’s a left side winger though and charges for the corner post and gets the ball down. Credit to Batley’s five eight, Jouffret who caught the speedy Russell, brought him down in his tackle, but momentum carried them over. O’Brien converts from the sideline again! Very well done. 18-0 Toronto.

27th min: From the re-start Sims runs towards the line and does about 5 little side steps but continues straight into the line. There was no change of direction there! I laugh, but only because I’ve done that myself and know how stupid it looks.

29th min: Try Batley! The Toronto set after the re-start wasn’t bad but the kick was rubbish handing possession over at about the halfway mark. Nothing much was happening but then after a Toronto tackle, the second tackler was so obsessed in dragging the first tackler up so he wouldn’t give away a penalty, they forgot about the dummy half. The sneaky Batley hooker, Leak, ran straight past them, stepped Sims, stepped McCrone, then drew in the fullback and passed to Jouffret who goes over near the left hand uprights. A good try that one! Jouffret converts his own try. Toronto 18-6 Batley.

I’ve just seen that Batley had a midweek game as well in something called the “1895” cup. Wow, England has so many footy competitions. This one is between Championship and League 1 teams or basically second division v third division teams in England. Guess what, that means Toulouse and Toronto are ineligible to enter as they are not ‘British based’. The biggest attendance has been 1660 and the smallest, 248, so it seems like a…. winner of an idea. You know you’re running scared when you have to introduce a totally new competition just to ensure a British team wins something! (lol).

Ok, back to the game!

34th min: Try Toronto! Sometimes they make you pay for your mistakes. A dropped ball gave Toronto a scrum feed. A right side attack almost got Liam Key over but the next tackle Gareth O’Brien inserted himself into the backline and ran straight past a tiring defender and try time! He ran around to make the angle better as if to remind his team mates that they can damn well do the same in the future.

There’s some pushing and shoving in back play. Someone took exception to McCrone being tackled late. It wasn’t high, or all that late to be honest. The ref tells Batley to be careful. The tackler, Taira, is huge! Arms like Tanginoa (remember him). Ref says there would have been a penalty if not for the try, so pull your heads in.

Sharp-shooter O’Brien converts. Toronto 24-6 Batley.

37th min: McCrone passes nicely…but to a Batley player. Batley return the favour by dropping the ball on the first tackle.

39th min: In a massive bonus, I just found some M and M’s on my desk!

Half Time! Toronto 24-6 Batley.

Some of the stats are a bit ugly.

Toronto possession 51%, Sets completed: 12/21. Completion rate: 57%. I know a harp on about the completion rate but week after week it seems to be a disturbing stat that will haunt them if they ever get into Super league. Errors: 10. Ugh.

Batley’s completion rate: 75% with 15 from 20. Only 5 errors but 12 missed tackles to Toronto’s 4

Second half:

41st min: First set, penalty to Toronto for Batley stripping the ball. Just what Batley’s coach would have asked for…not.

42nd min: Try Toronto. Yep, three tackles later Toronto say thanks to Batley by scoring. Swinging the ball from right to left gets the team up field. Hooker Ackers does the show and go and scores untouched under the posts. O’Brien converts. Toronto 30-6 Batley.

50th min: Try Batley! It’s an off-load-a-thon and Batley are doing it better than Toronto. A 5th tackle kick goes high into the right hand corner and the Batley winger Walker soars the highest and comes down with the ball and four delicious chocolaty points. Jouffret to convert. The commentators, crowd, and even I think it’s good but it’s waved away. Toronto 30-10 Batley.

60th min: Try Toronto! Five metres out Ackers once again decides to go himself, pushes through some feeble defence, and strolls over for his second try. The last ten minutes we’ve seen knock on’s, a few penalties, and 200 off loads. Sort of entertaining, but not when you’re looking at Toronto and always comparing them to super league teams in the back of your mind. Blake Wallace has a go at converting and does. Toronto 36-10 Batley.

66th min: Proving once again that only sCam smith can do a sCam smith, Batley have been ruled to have ‘knocked the ball on’ when trying to play the ball on a Toronto tackler still on the ground.

75th min: Try Toronto! Almost over in the right hand corner, Toronto swing it left and wide, putting Leutele one on one with a defender. A simple fend puts him in the clear and over for a try. It was 'Boyd like' defence but to be fair, Leutele is a hard man to bring down, especially if you’re a tired small outside back. Second try for Leutele today and it started when a Batley player lifted Liam Kay in a dangerous tackled, penalised, Toronto march up field and the rest is bourbon and cola. Hakim Miloudi (on loan from Hull) misses the conversion. Toronto 40-10 Batley.

Full time! Toronto 40 – 10 Batley.

The last minute or so was entertaining. A failed short re-start attempt led to a dropped Toronto ball, lead to Batley almost scoring in the corner, lead to Toronto running the length of the field and almost scoring in their corner, lead to a hand over, lead to the full time whistle.

That's Toronto’s 13th straight win in the Betfred championship and their 18th overall. Ashton Sims says far too many errors and pointed out that he has never played on a field that has such a big slope from one end to another. He’s expecting the coach not to be that happy with all the errors and wishes all Canadians a happy Canada day for tomorrow.

Toronto have a ten point lead over Toulouse, and Batley remain in ninth place.

Next week it’s a home game against eighth placed Halifax. Back on the plane boys!

Thanks for reading. :)

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-broadcast-update/

Due to a scheduling conflict on the Toronto Wolfpack’s host broadcast network – Sky Sports, a select number of upcoming matches have been affected. The Wolfpack looked into changing KO times, however logistical issues mean this has not been possible, and as a result have reluctantly decided to cancel the broadcasts of three upcoming games that coincide with Catalans Dragons home broadcasts on Sky Sports. (Because Catalans are buttholes).

The Toronto matches that will be affected by this scheduling conflict are July 6 vs. Halifax, August 17 vs. Rochdale and August 31 vs. Barrow, home games played at Lamport Stadium.

The rest of the matches will proceed as scheduled and be shown across the Wolfpack’s network of global partners that include GameTV (Canada), Sky Sports (UK), Eleven Sports (USA), Sky Sports (NZ), Fox (AUS), Setanta (Asia) and CBC Sports online (Canada).

So...

1) If they aren't on tv, I don't think I'll be able to do my kind of wrap up (boo), and
2) WTF? It says Australia gets the games through fox! So why am I doing all these write ups for like 6 people champions when you can all watch for yourself!?!?!?
3) Click...
Toronto wins every game

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-broadcast-update/

Due to a scheduling conflict on the Toronto Wolfpack’s host broadcast network – Sky Sports, a select number of upcoming matches have been affected. The Wolfpack looked into changing KO times, however logistical issues mean this has not been possible, and as a result have reluctantly decided to cancel the broadcasts of three upcoming games that coincide with Catalans Dragons home broadcasts on Sky Sports. (Because Catalans are buttholes).

The Toronto matches that will be affected by this scheduling conflict are July 6 vs. Halifax, August 17 vs. Rochdale and August 31 vs. Barrow, home games played at Lamport Stadium.

The rest of the matches will proceed as scheduled and be shown across the Wolfpack’s network of global partners that include GameTV (Canada), Sky Sports (UK), Eleven Sports (USA), Sky Sports (NZ), Fox (AUS), Setanta (Asia) and CBC Sports online (Canada).

So...

1) If they aren't on tv, I don't think I'll be able to do my kind of wrap up (boo), and
2) WTF? It says Australia gets the games through fox! So why am I doing all these write ups for like 6 people champions when you can all watch for yourself!?!?!?
3) Click...!
Toronto wins every game
Please spoon feed us!

Please spoon feed us!

dfb572d3bb46eaecb6f31f4c74946a4a.gif

Toronto Wolfpack v Halifax
Hello and welcome to Round 20 of the Betfred Championship. Today’s game is not televised anywhere because of *reasons* but the bonus is that there will be less waffle from me.

It is Super Hero round where the good people of Toronto are celebrating the first responders of the community. There’s a policeman on his horse posing for photos in one corner, and a man running around in a black spiderman suit posing for photos in the other.

Spirits are still high even with the shocking news that basketball legend Kawhi Leonard is leaving Toronto and going to play for the LA Clippers. Thanks for bringing us Canada’s first NBA championship!

Speaking of shocking, I will just assume the singing of the national anthems was of dubious quality and now the game is starting!

Game on!

13th min: Try Toronto! Liam Kay, who was dirty with his performance last week, scores a try out wide and says to Gareth O’Brien “Convert that one if you’re good enough!” He isn’t. Toronto 4-0

Now there seems to be a ‘flood’ of penalties against Toronto (I think they actually say to Toronto over here) and that helps Halifax stay in the game.

28th min: Try Toronto! Penalties can’t help you forever if you don’t capitalise on them and it is once again Liam Kay in the corner. I dunno, let’s just say it is a carbon copy of the first one. O’Brien rolls his eyes at Kay for not running around under the posts but he converts the kick at goal anyway! Toronto 10-0

The score remains like that until half time. (See below for proof).

Half time: Toronto 10 – 0 Halifax.

I have no stats so I will say those earth quakes in California are a bit of a worry as it means they are getting closer! #sendmoneytoglobal

Second Half:

44th min: Try Toronto! Andy Ackers (the 5’10” hooker) recovers a neat little kick from I don’t know (third base) and scores under the sticks. Gaz O’Brien converts and it’s *counts* Toronto 16-0.

53rd min: Try Toronto! This is more like it, none of this faffing around like the first half. And guess what? It is Gareth O’Brien scoring in his 200th game! Well done! How did he score it? I don’t know. Where on the field did he score it? I don’t know. Did he convert it? You all know the rule. Always convert your own tries! Toronto 22-0.

I will now click off the Halifax twitter feed as they don’t seem to be that inclined to give timely updates. Toronto’s on the other hand are quick off the mark.

57th min: Try Toronto! I’m assuming this is the first set after the re-start and it is 200 gamer Gaz O’Brien scoring his second! He ‘touches down over the line’ and with that amount of information provided, who needs any more? Again, you all know the rule: conversion successful. Toronto 28-0.

Community announcement:

Today’s winning 50/50 ticket at @TOwolfpack game is 877-163! If this is you, come to the East Entrance at Lamport to meet a Variety staff. Or contact Issa Ocampo at [email protected]

63rd min: Try Halifax! Heads will roll in Toronto this week! Second rower Liam Cooper scores. I am going to say a 110 metre try busting through every Toronto player twice. And it is converted, blindfolded and from the halfway mark. Toronto 28-6 Halifax.

66th min: Try Halifax! Toronto bobble a kicked ball near their line, Halifax scoop and score! The conversion is successful. “Ruh Roh” - In Scooby Doo voice. Toronto 28-12 Halifax.

77th min: Try Toronto! Prop Olbison chases down a kick to score just to the left of the uprights. They’ve actually pointed out where the try was scored. Have they read my complaints thus far about not doing it? I hope not as I am typing this in Microsoft word so they shouldn’t be able to see it! #bigbrother.

The conversion is good. Toronto 34-12 Halifax.

Full time! Toronto 34 - 12 Halifax.

It’s about now that I found someone’s twitter account which gave a bit more info on the play by plays. I shake my head thinking that may have been helpful ninety minutes ago.

For those still here, there’s two more of these non-broadcast games, both are in august. Still a win is a win televised or not. Apparently winger Matty Russell has picked up a rib injury and at some time near the beginning of the game a skunk, yes a skunk ran on to the field. That is probably a first for rugby league!

As always, thanks for reading. :)

Seven matches left before the finals and I believe that if Toronto win the next two they are minor premiers (unless they lose one game by about 220). Games against Featherstone and especially York City in coming weeks are the dangers it seems. Toulouse has allowed the wheels to fall off. Great summary as usual Global. Thanks

Seven matches left before the finals and I believe that if Toronto win the next two they are minor premiers (unless they lose one game by about 220). Games against Featherstone and especially York City in coming weeks are the dangers it seems. Toulouse has allowed the wheels to fall off. Great summary as usual Global. Thanks

Thank you kind Sir. It was a tad more "irreverent" due to the lack of info.

Here's an image of the way the 3 levels of finals are played. Hopefully Toronto make it through with just 2 games, but as last year taught them, nothing is for certain. (Bottom left is Toronto's league).

imagesource.php

PS: I don't know what's happening with Toulouse's form but it's not helping them.

Widnes have had a good season. A nice comeback from being docked 12 points at the start of the season and yet they are in no danger of relegation with 11 wins!

PPS: In the last 7 games Toronto basically play the 5 teams directly under them points wise, and the 2 bottom placed teams. It'll be an interesting run in to the finals.

Welcome to this weeks re-cap.

Disclaimer:

ge was ooout and abooot all weekend (Canadian code for partying) and didn't see the game at all.

The below is taken from the Wolfpack website.

IN a nut shell: Toronto won! 20th win in a row, but it was a tough game.

Precis belowsies:

Toronto Wolfpack have held on at home against a fast-finishing Featherstone Rovers to the tune of a 22-18 victory that wasn’t assured until the dying stages of a brutal clash.
The win is the Wolfpack’s 20th of the season from 21 starts and came in front of a large crowd soaking up the summer sun and celebrating the Wolfpack’s second annual Rugby Heritage game.

The Wolfpack was forced to spend ten minutes a man down after a clash between Darcy Lussick (wow, I'm shocked) and former Toronto big man Jack Bussey saw the former sent to the sin bin.

(Some may remember Bussey was sacked immediately by Toronto when he bit a Toulouse player in September last year. Toronto didn't wait for any Judiciary, just sacked him. - ge)

Wolfpack line held strong and managed to repel each attack launched by the visitors, preserving their slender early lead.

Chase Stanley broke Featherstone hearts with an opportunistic try out of dummy half in the dying stages of the first period. A conversion from O’Brien took the margin at the halfway mark of the intriguing contest to 14 in favor of the home side.

Featherstone began the second half full of energy and passion, resulting in an early try.

Tries from each side followed and apparently it was an exciting game. Sheesh -ge

The Wolfpack’s next challenge comes in the form of a trip back the UK for a showdown with Widnes Vikings on Sunday, July 21st. The Vikings have put together a 12-win season to this stage and will undoubtably (sic - ge would never make that mistake!!) prove a formidable opponent on their home turf of Halton Stadium. They were deducted 12 points at the start of the season -ge

Game Timeline

2’ Try Wolfpack: O’Brien. Conversion: O’Brien 6-0

21’ Penalty Wolfpack: O’Brien 8-0

36’ Try Wolfpack: Stanley. Conversion: O’Brien 14-0

Half Time: 14 – 0

43’ Try Featherstone: Ormondroyd. Conversion: Dagger 14-6

48’ Try Wolfpack: Leutele 18-6

55’ Try Rovers: Walters. Conversion: Dagger 18-12

65’ Try Wolfpack: McCrone 22-12

72’ Try Rovers: Jones. Conversion: Dagger 22-18

Full Time: 22-18

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/match-report-toronto-wolfpack-v-featherstone-rovers-2/

Better than nothing I say. But I do love your more descriptive analyses. And you're still way superior to the journos reporting on matches here in Oz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6