Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kallum Watkins Joins the Pack
21/05/2020 by admin

Toronto Wolfpack can confirm the signing of England international Kallum Watkins on a three-year deal, effective immediately. Watkins recently returned from Australia to the UK for personal reasons, and has been granted a release from his current contract with NRL side the Gold Coast Titans.

WOLFPACK COME HUNTING FOR ROOSTER
Toronto, the biggest spending club in world rugby league, has set its sights on Sydney Roosters winger Ryan Hall.

Hall is off contract with the Roosters at the end of this season and the English international is expected to sign a lucrative deal with the Canadian-based Super League club.

Hall, aged 32, has a prolific record in England, with more than 230 tries for the Leeds club.

But he has yet to break his duck in the NRL and was one of the few players not to score a try in the 59-0 thrashing of the Broncos last Thursday night.

The veteran winger has played just seven games in Trent Robinson's top side, with a knee injury hampering him last season, and the Roosters aren't expected to attempt to hold on to him for next season.

meh, I dunno about that "Mole"

WOLFPACK COME HUNTING FOR ROOSTER
Toronto, the biggest spending club in world rugby league, has set its sights on Sydney Roosters winger Ryan Hall.

Hall is off contract with the Roosters at the end of this season and the English international is expected to sign a lucrative deal with the Canadian-based Super League club.

Hall, aged 32, has a prolific record in England, with more than 230 tries for the Leeds club.

But he has yet to break his duck in the NRL and was one of the few players not to score a try in the 59-0 thrashing of the Broncos last Thursday night.

The veteran winger has played just seven games in Trent Robinson's top side, with a knee injury hampering him last season, and the Roosters aren't expected to attempt to hold on to him for next season.

meh, I dunno about that "Mole"

Ryan Hall may have been a good player ... but his legs are gone and he would be burnt in a sprint by Wayne Bennett ..... he is deplorable ....

On another matter ... are you hearing any feedback about RL in Canada or the States ???

Ryan Hall may have been a good player ... but his legs are gone and he would be burnt in a sprint by Wayne Bennett ..... he is deplorable ....

On another matter ... are you hearing any feedback about RL in Canada or the States ???

If you mean the ESL, the last update was mid May where "everyone is working on getting things started again" but, especially in Eng, covid-19 was far more widespread then sunny Australia. (Same in Canada too).

Clubs do their own social media interest stories, auctions, etc.

If you mean did they report on the nrl being back, then a little, I think, when it first came on. There's still the 3 games on per week on sportsnetwork - I guess but as for news... nah not really.

It's not a real big sport (yet) in Nth America and there's been 'ice' hockey and NFL, etc to talk about. Nascar, golf, soccer, olympic re-runs abound.

That what you mean?

If you mean the ESL, the last update was mid May where "everyone is working on getting things started again" but, especially in Eng, covid-19 was far more widespread then sunny Australia. (Same in Canada too).

Clubs do their own social media interest stories, auctions, etc.

If you mean did they report on the nrl being back, then a little, I think, when it first came on. There's still the 3 games on per week on sportsnetwork - I guess but as for news... nah not really.

It's not a real big sport (yet) in Nth America and there's been 'ice' hockey and NFL, etc to talk about. Nascar, golf, soccer, olympic re-runs abound.

That what you mean?

More specifically the reaction to the games shown in the states and canada ... do we now have 1000's of new fans ?

More specifically the reaction to the games shown in the states and canada ... do we now have 1000's of new fans ?

Ah

1) Sorry for the late reply, Terra wanted to go for a walk and she outranks you,
2) Had to clear the way of bears (and their poop), and
3) My instinct is no, not really. I'm not sure why Vossy says "and this game is being beamed lived into nth america with thousands of viewers- as 'live' is anywhere from midnight to 3am so you won't get a lot of new fans tuning in then. Maybe stoners but they are all probably watching "marble racing" - which, as we know, you should be watching too!

That buffoon Voss thought it would be smart to mention Trump 10 times in his first call ... he is a prize goose ...

PSS ... Why don't the bears poo in the forest ?

That buffoon Voss thought it would be smart to mention Trump 10 times in his first call ... he is a prize goose ...

PSS ... Why don't the bears poo in the forest ?

Yes, depending on context, that's not good form.

- I guess if someone tore down your house/environment you'd feel like pooping on their door-step as well..?!?!

wot da fuq?

TORONTO — Hooker Andy Ackers has unexpectedly left the Toronto Wolfpack for the Salford Red Devils.

The 26-year-old agreed to a Salford contract that runs through the 2022 season.

“It was a surprise to us. And I’ve got to say it wasn’t without an element of disappointment from me,” Wolfpack coach Brian McDermott said.

“I spent a lot of time with Andy Ackers, talking to him about his game and trying to influence him in the right way. And made him pretty much an integral part of what we do in attack.”

McDermott said Ackers told him he wanted to play for an English club — and an end to playing games on two continents. - which is kinda why Toronto asked for some salary cap dispensation.

Anyway, now he's gone... what a "boo-hiss"!

Wigan Warriors prop Ben Flower wanted by Toronto Wolfpack
Ben Flower is on the radar of Toronto Wolfpack for next season.

The Super League newcomers are understood to want him on board for 2021.

Flower is out of contract with Wigan at the end of this campaign.

And, at 32, he may be tempted by a move to the Wolfpack, who are based in Manchester when in the UK.

Toronto were only formed in 2017 but swept through the leagues to reach the top-flight this season.

They hadn’t won any of their games before the season was halted due to the coronavirus pandemic, but it is thought relegation will be scrapped at the end of this year because the season has been so heavily compromised*** – and they are already making plans for 2021.
Leeds’ Stevie Ward is also on their wanted list.

*** K'oath! Who says money and threats don't work??

Super League Return Set for August 2nd
29/06/2020 by admin

Super League can announce that the sport’s flagship competition will return on Sunday August 2, with three games live and exclusive on Sky Sports (Canadian broadcast information will follow).

After significant and ongoing work prioritising public health and the safety of players, officials and club staff, the season will recommence behind closed doors at a single venue with the following games. This means the Wolfpack will re-open the season with their clash against Hull KR:

• Hull Kingston Rovers v Toronto Wolfpack (8am ET / 1pm UK)
  • St Helens v Catalans Dragons (11:15am ET / 4:15pm UK)
  • Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos (1:30pm ET / 6:30pm UK)

woot!

Wolfpack withdraws from the remainder of the season.

:(

The COVID pandemic has presented unexpected and overwhelming financial challenges to the Wolfpack organization. Greatly reduced ticket, sponsorship, merchandise and game day revenue streams have resulted from the loss of all 11 of the team’s home Super League games in Toronto.

The Wolfpack would be left covering significant additional costs simply to complete a season of games in the UK including COVID testing, stadium rentals, medical costs and player pay increases to align with the rest of the league.

Player and staff payroll, an issue of recent media attention, has been guaranteed by Wolfpack majority owner David Argyle and is secured by a personal guarantee to the RFL.

Arrrrgh

poo bum wee!

Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that Ireland International Liam Kay will be leaving the club. Kay will join up with Super League side Wakefield Trinity ahead of the season re-start, where he made the first of his 154 career appearances in 2012.

Kay has proved a huge fan-favourite in his time with the club, and he leaves behind a legacy that stands alone. When the Wolfpack adventure began back in 2016, the exciting winger was the first player sign a professional contract with the team. In recognition of this Kay has been assigned Player Heritage Jersey #1 with the club.

Four years later, the decision to sign Kay has been proven a masterstroke as he leaves the Wolfpack as the club’s most prolific try scorer. He is also one of only five players from the 2017 squad to have appeared each season through to the 2020 Super League campaign.

Wolfpack withdraws from the remainder of the season.

:(

The COVID pandemic has presented unexpected and overwhelming financial challenges to the Wolfpack organization. Greatly reduced ticket, sponsorship, merchandise and game day revenue streams have resulted from the loss of all 11 of the team’s home Super League games in Toronto.

The Wolfpack would be left covering significant additional costs simply to complete a season of games in the UK including COVID testing, stadium rentals, medical costs and player pay increases to align with the rest of the league.

Player and staff payroll, an issue of recent media attention, has been guaranteed by Wolfpack majority owner David Argyle and is secured by a personal guarantee to the RFL.
Good of Argyle to pay up, some good Aussie characteristic coming out in him with that decision.

Worth asking him the question if he has any loose coin laying around to put into the sea eagles, would help with some TPA deals in retaining some quality juniors.

What’s the bet this happens

Private Jet to Sydney

14 nights in the most luxurious 3 room suite

And round 14 “ the Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce the signing of Sonny Bill Williams for the remainder of the season , welcome home SBW”.

I feel pretty sorry for the wolfpack. They are getting pillered in a lot of press here led by superleague by the feel. WTF were they supposed to do? International travel Is a no no.

If the wolf pack were to come to GB to continue to play they would be coming to a country where there have been 50000 deaths from incompetence and government mismanagement.
Not exactly the warriors coming to a country with 100 or so deaths.

They will probably be relegated now by no fault of their own.

What’s the bet this happens

Private Jet to Sydney

14 nights in the most luxurious 3 room suite

And round 14 “ the Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce the signing of Sonny Bill Williams for the remainder of the season , welcome home SBW”.
Well pretty much the playbook, arrived last night!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4