Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could just have been early jitters but Sonny Bill was very poor. I think that they have a lot of work to do to get themselves running as a proper team. Obviously, a lot of new players at once doesn't help.

Match Report GE?

Wolfpack lost

sky is falling

Lots o' errors (though they did score first)

sbw rusty as he said and is to be expected.

I'm out of bread

Toronto Wolfpack have begun their maiden Super League campaign with a tough 28-10 loss to Castleford Tigers at Headingley Stadium. The eagerly awaited season opener got off to an ideal start for Toronto but repeated errors in the face of elite Castleford pressure punctuated a dominate performance from the Tigers

Wolfpack lost

sky is falling

Lots o' errors (though they did score first)

sbw rusty as he said and is to be expected.

I'm out of bread

Toronto Wolfpack have begun their maiden Super League campaign with a tough 28-10 loss to Castleford Tigers at Headingley Stadium. The eagerly awaited season opener got off to an ideal start for Toronto but repeated errors in the face of elite Castleford pressure punctuated a dominate performance from the Tigers
Time for a sack the coach thread??

Time for a sack the coach thread??

Definitely! lol

Sorry, I tried to watch the game but I didn't realise that the two fta channels that have been showing the Wolfpack weren't doing it anymore.

Those Cappo buggers over at sportsnet have all the SL rights and even then, then game was on 9.30am my time and they're only showing it at 5pm (wankers).

I tried to find alternatives but was unsuccessful.

It feels like after a decent start, it was an error riddled mistake-a-thon.

Hopefully it wont come to this but it's a pity that even though the Catalan Dragons were exempt from relegation for their first 3 years because "we want to encourage more foreign teams to join" - the same rule has magically been withdrawn for Toronto.

Anyway.... sbw will get better, timing will get better, teamwork will improve, and Toronto now get to play last years grand finalists next week (lol)

woot!

Had to laugh that the first 2 touches by the $10m man. Watch any union game and 80% of balls played are knocked on, he will have to re-learn more skilled league requirements

Do you think they watched any of his Canberra matches before they signed McCrone. Just like at the Raiders he looks like he should be so much better than he is.

Do you think they watched any of his Canberra matches before they signed McCrone. Just like at the Raiders he looks like he should be so much better than he is.

Well, I'm guessing so. I dunno. He hasn't been that bad (I thought) but the re-entry into the higher league will show it.

I'm not too worried regarding this first game. A win would be nice but it's SL now with a lot of new players and (I believe) most of the english teams really want to make Toronto the 'Manly' of their league and lift to beat this glamour side or whatever. That said there's a lot more player movement between teams in SL so I may be wrong and its just the fans.

Still, the wolfpack are in the big league now, they gotta earn the right to stay there.

Toronto have (eve
Well, I'm guessing so. I dunno. He hasn't been that bad (I thought) but the re-entry into the higher league will show it.

I'm not too worried regarding this first game. A win would be nice but it's SL now with a lot of new players and (I believe) most of the english teams really want to make Toronto the 'Manly' of their league and lift to beat this glamour side or whatever. That said there's a lot more player movement between teams in SL so I may be wrong and its just the fans.

Still, the wolfpack are in the big league now, they gotta earn the right to stay there.
I don't think Toronto are seen as the team anyone wants to beat. That is always reserved for the closest (and therefore most hated) team. The vitriol towards your neighbours is something else. As the wolfpack are nowhere near anyone else any hatred towards them would have to be manufactured, they've not achieved anything yet to be seen as the sl version of Manly

Salford red devils 24 def Toronto 16.

IN a non televised game (sigh - c'mon GB, just because you've got your brexit, doesn't mean you need to be stuck in the 1980's).

So in what I could gather:

Toronto's fullback Gaz O'brien was out for this game (dunno why)

Half time: 6-4 Salford.

With 10 minutes to go it was 16 all.

Then the ge curse kicked in and Salford scored 2 tries in three minutes and ran out winners, 24-16

According to the radio commentators, the second half was better than the first. Toronto getting there and will get a few wins this year (not all that encouraging - lol) and sbw played better, game on as the right side second rower and again did some nice offloads.

So... more encouraging than last week but details are scarce.

Toronto now have just four days to recover before taking on 2018 Super League champions Wigan Warriors at DW Stadium on the night of Thursday, February 13.

Awesome, so we got to play the runners up this morning, and 4 days later , the champs.

Amateur hour SL... well done.

Toronto now have just four days to recover before taking on 2018 Super League champions Wigan Warriors at DW Stadium on the night of Thursday, February 13.

Awesome, so we got to play the runners up this morning, and 4 days later , the champs.

Amateur hour SL... well done.
The depth of twp does concern a bit and outside sbw quality. Miloudi got that unpredictable French flair but I fear they be in firing line of going down. Wakefield look weak with brough out for extended period.
I hope twp stay as once home games start superleague will see what they bring to table in crowds, marketing and so on.

S'funny looking at the highlights because...

If there's highlights, who's filming it and why isn't it on the tele and...

At 1:36 the pass was forward leading to a salford try so it's good to see reffing is crap everywhere.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4