Toronto Wolfpack: Out for 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see they signed Dave Taylor and Josh McCrone as well (whether or not that's any good remains to be seen)
Go 'pack!

It'll be an interesting next season as they've been promoted and will come up against (I think) professional footy players and not amateurs.

Fui Fui should be going around next year as well.

I see they signed Dave Taylor and Josh McCrone as well (whether or not that's any good remains to be seen)
Go 'pack!
Is Taylor still going? I heard recently that he had cold feet and was hoping to stay in Canberra.

Is Taylor still going? I heard recently that he had cold feet and was hoping to stay in Canberra.
Yeah, now you mention it I did hear that. Found this on league live, says 6hrs ago, but who knows!
Screenshot_20170914-110747.png

This is great for Rugby League

For sure, it will start slow but if it takes off it will be huge.

Seeing top quality players going there late in their career is the first step.

Look at soccer over there now (barring the US national team itself) going great guns

Could be great for Manly as well if @globaleagle begins a campaign spruiking the idea of a Manly membership To all those newfound Canadian fans. Like the NBA in basketball the NRL is the premier league competition. And as we know Manly is one of the most successful clubs in the NRL.
with all this new Canadian interest in rugby league. It might be time for @globaleagle to start being vocal about the advantages of supporting the best club in the premier league competition in the world.

If the club had some foresight they would invite the Wolfpack out for a pre season trial

Could be great for Manly as well if @globaleagle begins a campaign spruiking the idea of a Manly membership To all those newfound Canadian fans. Like the NBA in basketball the NRL is the premier league competition. And as we know Manly is one of the most successful clubs in the NRL.

with all this new Canadian interest in rugby league. It might be time for @globaleagle to start being vocal about the advantages of supporting the best club in the premier league competition in the world.

You don't have to tell me twice!!!

woot!

Could be some scope and opportunity to promote and develop the code in some parts of the New York area or places like Toronto with the presence of reasonable numbers of League oriented Aussie , English and even Kiwi expats based there now and previously . I recall that even quite a few years ago of reading reports that ex Sea Eagle Wayne Springnall and other ex league players trying to encourage league competitions in New York and when based there . Maybe with the aftermath of the concussion issues in the Gridiron in the U S and highlighted with the interesting movie ' Concussion " , there may be an inclination there for some of the sporting public to consider other running and slightly milder body contact sports to be interested in or to try . Who remembers or recalls the State of Origin match that was staged and played in L . A in 1987 or so ? So a bit of a novelty at the time there but then not much interest on the west coast for the code but again it could be a different ball game so to speak in locations such as New York and Toronto . Also noted this morning on local radio of reports some N R L player managers are already trying to make inquiries to the prospective operators of any U S League franchise about possible interest in N R L ' elite ' players . Anyway can only be good for the development and better exposure and promotion for League in making any inroads into these type of locations with big population bases .

Could be some scope and opportunity to promote and develop the code in some parts of the New York area or places like Toronto with the presence of reasonable numbers of League oriented Aussie , English and even Kiwi expats based there now and previously . I recall that even quite a few years ago of reading reports that ex Sea Eagle Wayne Springnall and other ex league players trying to encourage league competitions in New York and when based there . Maybe with the aftermath of the concussion issues in the Gridiron in the U S and highlighted with the interesting movie ' Concussion " , there may be an inclination there for some of the sporting public to consider other running and slightly milder body contact sports to be interested in or to try . Who remembers or recalls the State of Origin match that was staged and played in L . A in 1987 or so ? So a bit of a novelty at the time there but then not much interest on the west coast for the code but again it could be a different ball game so to speak in locations such as New York and Toronto . Also noted this morning on local radio of reports some N R L player managers are already trying to make inquiries to the prospective operators of any U S League franchise about possible interest in N R L ' elite ' players . Anyway can only be good for the development and better exposure and promotion for League in making any inroads into these type of locations with big population bases .
Have you ever considered writing a book?

This is a great success story. I know they were playing against amateurs, but the more exposure and interest league generates in untapped markets the better it is for the game. If the NY venture hits off who knows where it can lead to.. Truth is that the Yanks love their contact sports. Let's hope though that league doesn't deteriorate into a "touch footie" sport by the time it gets a hold there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2