Top 3 Signings in Order

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Who do you think will be our top 3 signings in 2017 in order...

1 - Hastings - This kid CAN play...the Bad Attitude stuff has legs, but I feel after basically copping the door at Roosters - will have a better appreciation of his role at NRL level.
Has pace - solid kicking game - strong defender and his main attribute...Is an Absolute competitor who will lift his mates...This Energy has been badly lacking...Especially around that ruck area.

2 - Green - Needed a GENUINE 5/8, is a Solid Allrounder who will take heat off DCE.
Will actually do a bit more than this imo, has a better running game than given credit for and in defence has looked top shelf in recent years at Melbourne.

3 - Sironen - Like the look of this player.....Has good passing skills and will challenge the defence with his charges and ability to offload....think he was only at 60% at Tigers and could be close to the surprise player of 2017 after coming in from obscurity.

Before we even signed Siro I posted we should target him.
Will really help our backrow and hopefully keeps Brown out of the team

Green s a solid signing but more of a quick fix, will need a proper solution shortly

If we can get 2 or 3 of the names above to fire it will be a good year for us. Especially if it's Hastings and Green.

1 - Green: this has strengthened two positions - firstly 5/8 as Green is a genuine half coming from a great set-up at Melbourne. Unlike Widdop, Green will have the support of a top class half in DCE, and as such, won't suffer the fate of Gareth.

Secondly, this also strengthens our centre position as we had both Walker and Jamie playing 5/8 - so our centre position was weakened as a result.

2 - Sironen: he gives us a genuine play making forward who can also run good strong lines (unusual to have someone do both). If he can keep his defence in order, he'll turn out to be a real x-factor. I think we will score plenty of points down his edge.

3 - Hastings / Kelly: it all depends on whether these guys get a jersey from round 1 - I hope they do, as I think it is imperative they have as much time as possible to build confidence and combinations in the top grade.

If Hastings is used as a 9, then I hope we take advantage of his kicking game (gives us 3 strong kicking options) and goal kicking.

As for Brian - I hope we put him in the vacant centre spot. He could be anything (granted, from the little I've seen of him). We need as many genuine try scorers in the team as possible.

Don't you think they've got Hastings as Greens replacement? He played the organisational half for the Roosters pretty well in a losing team, in his rookie year....?
I don't belive hasting is the long term replacement.

I also belive there are too many people on here that get all starry eyed over players as soon as they sign with Manly.
I can remember getting a lot dislikes for disagreeing with the signing of Brown, and its ended up costing us Jamie B.

I don't see Hastings being here longer then two years.

Having watched him last year he played poorly in a bad team and deserved to be dropped and then had a **** attitude when he was.

If the Roosters are willing to put up with Pearce then they would also be willling to put up with Hastings if they thought he was any good. If you believe the rumours they were trying to ship him off to dragons and Parra mid season but even they didn't bite.

I reckon we will lose him one of two ways
Off field indiscreation or leaves for more money as soon as he can.

Edit: I just want to add that I reckon we will get decent value out of him short term, I just don't see him being here long term

Last edited:
Im hopeful a few signings step up but none fill me with huge confidence

Green will the valuable to our team without excelling greatly individually

Kelly, Hastings and Sironen all have something about them

Lane could excel but I'm tipping a flop

and Uate.........well fingers crossed

Fair opinion mate.

I'll agree to disagree. I don't think he played poorly at all. I've looked at his stats and their on par with Nathan Cleary for 2016 so although you say he's had a poor season, the stats say otherwise. The impression of a bad season is because he played in a team that had nothing whereas the Panthers were full to the brim with talent.

Personally, I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt before saying he has a **** attitude that the papers/media are reporting.

Your entitled to predict the future about how we'll lose him but as I said, I'll wait and judge the bloke when he's wearing the Maroon and White.
He openly admitted to having a poor attitude and and lack of respect so it's hardly an opinion driven by media.

Take out his goal kicking and the try assists he got from kicks and nothing in his stats is that impressive. Especially considering our wingers won't be winning many high balls

There's no denying he will be a handy player for us but if you think he will still be at Manly in 10 years then we'll i don't have anything nice to say so I wont say it.

Fair opinion mate.

I'll agree to disagree. I don't think he played poorly at all. I've looked at his stats and their on par with Nathan Cleary for 2016 so although you say he's had a poor season, the stats say otherwise. The impression of a bad season is because he played in a team that had nothing whereas the Panthers were full to the brim with talent.

Personally, I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt before saying he has a **** attitude that the papers/media are reporting.

Your entitled to predict the future about how we'll lose him but as I said, I'll wait and judge the bloke when he's wearing the Maroon and White.
Opinion of a player on stats.
I really think given quality coaching, Sironen can become a Cartwright clone.
nothing like him. And very injury prone

This is a really hard one,

Ben Kennedy ( only played two years but what an amazing unfluence).

Matthew Ridge ( only won one GF but should have been 3).

Michael O'Connor ( what a player, feel blessed to have watch him help win the 87 final).

Many more I could have chosen!!

Michael O'Connor ( what a player, feel blessed to have watch him help win the 87 final).

I agree with those three, but you would have to say Lyon is on the same level as these three.

BTW Ridge was there in 95 and 96 but Nevin was our FB in 97.

We needed an experience 5/8 big time as we were running around last year like eagles without heads so Green is no 1 signing for mine
We needed a big hard running ball playing back rower out wide who could give us more options in attack and have the opposition in 3 minds so Siro is no 2 signing for mine
We needed size to match the other dominating packs like the raiders dogs etc and we have one big mother fker in Lane who on his day is a handful . That is my 3

Bob Fulton
Mal Reilly
Graham Eadie
God bless Arko

For today

1. Green. Massive signing for us. We need his stability since the loss of Foran (including the time he was physically here but sulked) and this will free up DCE. Plus he's a big body, defensively strong and seems level headed. Great signing.
2. Sironen. I like the kid. Always have. Would love. Backrow in origin of Sironen, Jake and Cartwright. He's what we've been missing since Gift left. A ball playing back rower.
3. Hastings. He will either be great or a dud. I don't see an inbetween.

Of all time.

1. BK. A colossus.
2. Jamie Lyon. The missing piece of the 5 year plan.
3. Cliffy. Nuff said.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4