Toovey talent scout?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is this the right treatment for Geoff?

• Yes - an island holiday every year with theoff chance of finding another Lote Tuqiri

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No - glorified golden handshake that reeks of desperation

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
No doubt they know he will never accept. I imagine they have some sort of legal advice suggesting that if he refuses, they don't have to pay him the full amount he is owed; whereas if he does, they are up for the full cost of his final year.

Considering Tooves rolled with duds like Hasson for so long, as great a club man as he's been, I don't really want him near recruitment. I don't think spotting upcoming talent is his strong point.

He should take the job and spend as much time as he can holidaying in fiji on the pretext of scouting

I find it funny that when something good happens in the rebuild of our club we laud Bob Fulton like he is the messiah and leader of change.

But when things happen we dont like its the old Penn and Kelly are Fwits.

I love tooves and its a hard thing to cop. But the guy would be be Bob Fultons first choice coach if he can in fact coach and is doing a good job and ALL facets.

This is nothing to do with screwing over a club legend. Its about doing the right thing by the CLUB and if Bozo doesnt think hes the right man, when in the past as our premiership winning halfback he was bozos man, then I fully support the change.

Sorry, but I don;t agree. It would be a dream job.
2V has failed this season. Many people say it was not his fault. Regardless, as the coach, he is responsible for results. Coaches get sacked every year. Very few get offered other positions within the club.
I'm sure the club is also pushing 2V for the role as coach of Australia, which is a part-time position that carries a nice wage of $130,000.
Our club needs to move on. 2V can still be a part of it, and I hope he remains in some capacity. But we are too good a club to be languishing near the bottom of the NRL, with basket-case clubs such as Doesn'tmatta, Cronulla and the Faders above us.
The old cliche: "a change is as good as a holiday" could not be more apt than the Fijian Talent Identification role.

I find it funny that when something good happens in the rebuild of our club we laud Bob Fulton like he is the messiah and leader of change.

But when things happen we dont like its the old Penn and Kelly are Fwits.

I love tooves and its a hard thing to cop. But the guy would be be Bob Fultons first choice coach if he can in fact coach and is doing a good job and ALL facets.

This is nothing to do with screwing over a club legend. Its about doing the right thing by the CLUB and if Bozo doesnt think hes the right man, when in the past as our premiership winning halfback he was bozos man, then I fully support the change.

Not all of us think the sun shines out of Bozo's butt. This is no longer the 1970s/80s/90s. Do you think the Penn's and Zorba asked Fulton to evaluate Toovey as a coach? Or was it instead tasking him with finding the replacement for Toovey in 2016?

Not all of us think the sun shines out of Bozo's butt. This is no longer the 1970s/80s/90s. Do you think the Penn's and Zorba asked Fulton to evaluate Toovey as a coach? Or was it instead tasking him with finding the replacement for Toovey in 2016?

I think the club needs a huge overhaul and bob has been the one assigned to do it.

Ill save my judgement of the job hes done when we see the results next season. Until then I can only support what hes doing because theres no evidence to suggest its been bad. Only evidence that something needs to be done at this point.

I think the club needs a huge overhaul and bob has been the one assigned to do it.

Ill save my judgement of the job hes done when we see the results next season. Until then I can only support what hes doing because theres no evidence to suggest its been bad. Only evidence that something needs to be done at this point.
I think Bob will do a fair job overhauling our playing roster. I just doubt he's found the best man to be head coach next year.

I think Bob will do a fair job overhauling our playing roster. I just doubt he's found the best man to be head coach next year.
Well maybe Barrett is a better man manager. Do players want a hot head coach? That style usually has a short shelf life. You get more out of the team being a Des/Madge/T-Rob style coach these days. Don't drive them too hard and manage the egos. Having said that if we end up with the same amount of fat arses on our roster I'll be filthy...

Just pay him out and say goodbye doesn't need a recruitment job if he is such a great coach clubs will be fighting over him lol

Well maybe Barrett is a better man manager. Do players want a hot head coach? That style usually has a short shelf life. You get more out of the team being a Des/Madge/T-Rob style coach these days. Don't drive them too hard and manage the egos. Having said that if we end up with the same amount of fat arses on our roster I'll be filthy...
I'd have to say Bellamy is one of the most hot headed coaches around and most pundits wouldn't call him an unsuccessful coach. And I don't think the people who had to re attach the door after Dessie's tirade at parramatta stadium would be calling him Mr Cool .

Hasler told them he won't come back and dalai Arthur also said no to the job.

Barrett's new nickname is Steven Bradbury

I'd have to say Bellamy is one of the most hot headed coaches around and most pundits wouldn't call him an unsuccessful coach. And I don't think the people who had to re attach the door after Dessie's tirade at parramatta stadium would be calling him Mr Cool .
Depends how they manage the players though and if they bring that to man management

The-Giraffe-Women-of-the-Neck-Rings-4.jpg

"That didn't touch the sides!"

Just pay him out and say goodbye doesn't need a recruitment job if he is such a great coach clubs will be fighting over him lol

Mavin, let me say how much of an **** you are. Tooves hasnt set the world on fire with his coaching ability - it doesn't change the fact he is a club legend and has bled for the maroon and white. Pull your head in clown seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8