Toovey signs .....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2 V's good
4 stomachs bad.

With thanks to George Orwell
69409fddd8026e08735d254599099f7a.jpg

My mum is going to take her "Geoff Toovey: Better coach, better player, better man" sign along, she was talking about a "Trent Barrett is not Manly" one as well I think.

And she's just headed in to the RTA to get her FTY-000 number plates changed for something in support of Tooves.

My mum is going to take her "Geoff Toovey: Better coach, better player, better man" sign along, she was talking about a "Trent Barrett is not Manly" one as well I think.

And she's just headed in to the RTA to get her FTY-000 number plates changed for something in support of Tooves.
Trent Barrett is not Manly?? Gee that's the way to greet our new coach...I honestly can't believe the stuff I'm reading on here - support Toovey for sure, but why tear bown Barrett?? Can't we be mature about this?

Trent Barrett is not Manly?? Gee that's the way to greet our new coach...I honestly can't believe the stuff I'm reading on here - support Toovey for sure, but why tear bown Barrett?? Can't we be mature about this?

To be fair, I don't necessarily agree with her on that one, but she has never liked Barrett at any rate, it's not a new thing. He frequents the same coffee shop as her and didn't make a good impression by making a snide remark about her Manly gear on more than one occasion. Guess he won't be doing that again - for three years at least. You have to remember that the fans are not mercenaries the way most players and coaches are, you don't turn on the love/hate depending on who's paying your wages.

To be fair, I don't necessarily agree with her on that one, but she has never liked Barrett at any rate, it's not a new thing. He frequents the same coffee shop as her and didn't make a good impression by making a snide remark about her Manly gear on more than one occasion. Guess he won't be doing that again - for three years at least. You have to remember that the fans are not mercenaries the way most players and coaches are, you don't turn on the love/hate depending on who's paying your wages.
I get that, I do, but we also need to accept the reality of the situation. Barrett will be our coach - he will be part of Manly, and it's now up to him to determine whether he will do our colours proud or not, but let's give him that chance is all I'm saying.

He frequents the same coffee shop as her and didn't make a good impression by making a snide remark about her Manly gear on more than one occasion.
That is so, so depressing.
It's my biggest fear about a coach with no Manly background. So many are taught to hate us before they walk.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7