Toovey or Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Next season we're not going to benefit one iota from having a coach on the way out in 2013.

Before Des gets any ideas of luring DCE, Foran and the likes to the bulldogs, show him the door and put in a real legend. Someone who clearly bleeds maroon and white a little more than Des apparently does.

You know, I had him all wrong, I thought he was bigger man than this. Toovery or Beaver for mine. It has to be ex-manly, it has to be a legend, thats how we do it.

Given a choice, I always pick Beaver:)
Besides, it might be the perfect opportunity to get him back to the club. Then again, like Tooves, he might not want to be a coach.

Why would Beaver coach next year? He's still playing for Catalans.

Toovey is the most obvious successor to Des.

beaver will never be a head coach.
he doesnt have the make up for it god love him

fLIP said:
Next season we're not going to benefit one iota from having a coach on the way out in 2013.

Before Des gets any ideas of luring DCE, Foran and the likes to the bulldogs, show him the door and put in a real legend. Someone who clearly bleeds maroon and white a little more than Des apparently does.

You know, I had him all wrong, I thought he was bigger man than this. Toovery or Beaver for mine. It has to be ex-manly, it has to be a legend, thats how we do it.

This is spot on we can't have Des at the club luring players away. For a guy who said he didn't want to be a career coach and also said he didn't won't to coach against manly he can no longer be trusted in my mind

Yeah I could never see Beaver being a coach. He's too nice a guy. Might be a good chance to give Cliffy a go.

We will all know tomorrow (officially anyway)

I am available to coach, I have never lost a game as coach of the North Bourke under seven side.

Toovs for sure .. lets face it he knows the game better then any one else .. u cant spend that amount of time on the ground during a match and not pick up different stuff!!!! I reckon he gets more minutes then George.

Leave Menzies as team builder, defence and social night organiser!!

Yeah , Beaver for mine. Its always an ex-player at MWSE.

Beaver, the 'moral mentor' of the players. Always popular. Has a following that's for sure, the public as well as the club.

But does he have the tactical nouse ?, Does he have the cunning ?.

But yeah, it would be a better option than to lose "belief" like the St George turkeys . . post the Bennett announcement in May.

Why not Beaver: Head Coach. Tooves : Assistant Coach, especially the halves, backs, and he can continue in his role as field messenger.:)

I think some earlier posts about Des luring players to the Dogs is highly disrespectful to him.
Gee, before today's news Des was next in line for Sainthood. Now people want him crucified.
I think I've read that plot before in a popular book!

The Who said:
I think some earlier posts about Des luring players to the Dogs is highly disrespectful to him.
Gee, before today's news Des was next in line for Sainthood. Now people want him crucified.

Its not disrepectful, its a legitimate concern. Even if des isn't involved directly in contract negotiations, he will still be telling the dogs who he wants the club to chase. Do you think he'll tell the dogs he doesn't want any sea eagles players? Him still coaching us in 2012 is an advantage to the dogs in that scenario because the player will have questions in their own mind about the untried coach in 2013. If say toovs is coaching next year and things are still going well then its less likely a player will want to go. Do you dispute that?

The Who said:

Are you serious in 2013 he wants to go to a successful team and could easily influence players or player to leave. The other problem is when we try to sign players mid next year they will ask who is our coach going to be. With our finances we need to plan our recruiting years ahead and we can't have Des involved when he is not going to be here

mwsneagle said:
Is Toovey staying? What support staff is Dessie supposed to be taking with him?

Crusher I think and maybe the strength and conditioning guy. I hope Crusher don't go

Beaver as the next head coach would be an insane move and I'm sure he would think so too. He has no experience in coaching. He (love him as I do) was not a good captain of the team, so there's little to suggest he would have the mettle to be a good coach.

What worries me about Toovs, having just voted for him to be re-elected an NRMA Director, is will he have the time to do both? Would think Beaver, with Toovs and Cliffy as assistants, ideal. (After all, Beaver and Cliffy were a good 'combination' as players - LOL.)

ALinda said:
What worries me about Toovs, having just voted for him to be re-elected an NRMA Director, is will he have the time to do both? Would think Beaver, with Toovs and Cliffy as assistants, ideal. (After all, Beaver and Cliffy were a good 'combination' as players - LOL.)

NRMA Director is a bludge job, and Tooves' is term limited in two years (ie he'll have to resign then).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6