Tooves for NRL CEO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
I read that Brandy has suggested that Tooves could be a good choice to be the next NRL CEO. When you think about it, he ticks most the boxes as he has been part of Rugby League for most of his life and in addition to this, he has the experience and formal qualification to guide a large organisation such as the NRL.

I for one, would be happy if he put his name in the hat for the CEO position. What do you guys think?

I think he is the right guy from a RL standpoint but not businesswise. I also think he would rather get his hands dirty on the pitch than at a desk but I could be wrong.

Certainly would not be a bad choice and I would support his nomination if he want's the job.

I doubt that he would be given any consideration, firstly, he lacks experience in running an organisation such as the NRL, even though he's qualified as a chartered accountant, not sure if he has a MBA though?, secondly they will probably look for someone who doesn't have such strong ties to a club ,such as he does.

Like Brandy said, the NRL does not need a businessman and V’landy’s already ticks that box so the next CEO should be someone who comes from a Rugby League background. They have thrown Shane Richardson’s name in so why not Geoff Toovey?

I have suggested on other posts Tooves should be considered.I dont think a blowhard like Richardson s/b considered and especially since Crowe has recommended him.
His exit from Souffs and the timing of the exit of the NRL's worst CEO ever seems overly fortuitous to me ,and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if old Richo has got the tip ,got the payout and now trying to maneuver his large snout into the trough for his next overpaid gig
No Thanks !!
#Toovesfornrlceo

I would be happy with Shane Richardson ... he was successful at Cronulla, Penrith and Souths ... knows the game backwards and what it needs from juniors to the NRL ... People didn't want Arko or Qualye either ... but they were the men for the job .....

Biography

Shane Richardson is the longest serving executive in the NRL, and one of the most successful and influential figures in the competition. Currently CEO of the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Shane also serves on various NRL Committees including the Collective Bargaining, Salary Cap and Restructure Committee.
In 1993 Shane moved from Queensland to take up his first role in the National Rugby League with the Cronulla Sharks where he stayed for five years before accepting a position in the UK Super League with Hull FC, becoming the only Australian to ever be appointed to the English Super League Board.
Shane returned to Australia in 2002 as CEO at Penrith and was part of the team that took the Penrith Panthers to their 2003 premiership win, the second only in the history of the club, after they had won the wooden spoon in 2001.
In 2004 he accepted his current position with the Rabbitohs and has successfully implemented business plans to ensure the clubs stability and security. The Rabbitohs now have the most members of any club in the NRL and are the only Sydney club to make a profit. An engaging, well respected and extremely talented speaker, Shane speaks of his leadership within the NRL, and the challenges of heading up an elite level sporting organisation.

I think he is the right guy from a RL standpoint but not businesswise. I also think he would rather get his hands dirty on the pitch than at a desk but I could be wrong.

Certainly would not be a bad choice and I would support his nomination if he want's the job.
You do realise Toovey ran his own Chartered Accounting firm!!

You do realise Toovey ran his own Chartered Accounting firm!!
Yes I do mate but that is hardly on the scale of running a mult-billion dollar entity with thousands of direct employees and many more thousands of indirect ones.

Like I said: I don't think he would be a BAD choice and I would support his nomination BUT I don't think he is the perfect man for the job and I don't think in his heart he would really want the job.

Toovey for the role? No chance. He's an ex Manly player.
Besides the fact that his tenure in the job will have us totally in everyone's sights to make sure we got no advantage. It would mean Brookie redevelopment would be put on hold as well. It's not like every other club getting a grant?

Toovey would be a worthy candidate as he has a total understanding of the game from junior level all the way to senior football.

For me it is imperative that we do not see a more of the same candidate who protects the cartel of top clubs like Greenturd did. The next ruler must be for ALL clubs, the vested interests that the cartel clubs enjoy and the bias that they get from the media indicates this!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4