Tony Williams- the new heavyweight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Meet the new heavyweight

By Josh Massoudhttp://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23855636-5006066,00.html

NRL wingers have a new heavyweight champion.
0,,6090149,00.jpg

Meet Tony Williams - the 113kg man mountain who bulked up on triple McChicken burgers to the point where he made his debut last weekend as the biggest winger in the game's history.

In a brutal performance that won him the Eels players' player award first-up, Williams treated his Canberra opposites with extraordinary disdain.

Reviving memories of Parramatta great Eric Grothe, the 20-year-old brushed off four hapless Raiders in a barnstorming rampage down the left-hand touchline.

After unseating Grothe's son Eric Jr from Parramatta's line-up, Williams boasts the size and strength to eclipse even The Guru's menacing presence.

For starters, he weighs 24kg more and stands at 192cm. He can bench press 180kg and kick goals at 80 per cent too.

In a historical perspective, those stats obliterate any winger who has come before him. In a contemporary perspective, Williams is just 2cm shy of modern-day giant Israel Folau but weights another 10kg.

"I've got no idea how I got so big. I just eat a lot I suppose,'' the Cabramatta junior said. "At home, mum makes heaps of Tongan food - taro and corned beef. And I also eat a lot of Maccas. My favourite is a triple chicken burger with extra cheese. I also have two cheeseburgers on the side.''

Ronald should be so lucky. First-up opposite Bronx Goodwin, switched from fullback to mark Williams last Saturday night, was not.

"I hadn't seen him before, so to look up and see how big he is was a bit daunting,'' the 83kg Raiders speedster said. "He bumped a few of us off, and the coach wasn't real happy with it.''

Parramatta fans' joy at Williams' debut is tempered by his impending departure to Manly. The Sea Eagles swooped to sign him on a three-year deal believed to be worth $450,000 and Parramatta junior coaching staff were devastated to learn years of development work would be realised at Brookvale.

Under the NRL's controversial transfer rules, the Eels still had a chance to re-sign Williams before last Tuesday. Officials made eleventh-hour endeavours, but ultimately withdrew because it would have cost them three or four promising juniors to match Manly's offer.

Resigned to his departure, club insiders felt bitter-sweet about how Williams belatedly burst on to the scene after a quiet start to the season in the Toyota Cup.

"(My coach) Michael Hagan didn't really have to tell me why I wasn't playing NRL - I knew myself I had to get more involved,'' he said. "The more I get involved, the more I feel I can be unstoppable."

Gee I hope the nutritionist can solve that Macca's addiction. That overly processed junk is hardly the perfect fuel for a performance engine.

Wheel, what I meant was these over large hunky gorgeous guys have a problem with turning and chasing (the ball stupid).  Grothe is a particular example.  Anyway my guess is he's headed into the second row. 

DSM5 link said:
Wheel, what I meant was these over large hunky gorgeous guys have a problem with turning and chasing (the ball stupid).  Grothe is a particular example.  Anyway my guess is he's headed into the second row.   

?? Not that there is anything wrong with that ??

My god when did this site turn gay?

The whole world is turning Gay

I see he has been named again this week for the match against the Tigpies. I assume he will mark Tuiaki so we should get a good look at what his defence is like as Tuiaki is a strong runner of the ball.

Chip & Chase link said:
I see he has been named again this week for the match against the Tigpies. I assume he will mark Tuiaki so we should get a good look at what his defence is like as Tuiaki is a strong runner of the ball.

Looks like Tuiaki is out so he will marking up on Beau Ryan. 113kg v 87kg

I imagine that he is still feeling the effects of Burnsy's cheap shot on him as well, but the official reasoning behind Tuiaki's withdrawal is that he has been in hospital all week having an infected boil removed from his arm. Nice.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177645.msg186905#msg186905 date=1213330340]
Good on him, would like to have a feed with the bloke one day.

Is that a feed or a dinner date   :-* :eek: 8)
[/quote]

Will see how well he goes for us LOL

Anyone see him on TV now? Made 2 massive busts up the middle just after half time.
Is probably just as big as Willie Mason. Can scatter a defensive line like him and looks pretty quick.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8