Tommy Turbo speaks about 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Tom Trbojevic has confirmed he is ready for round one with the fullback’s return set to ensure the Manly Sea Eagles tower over their opposition in season 2021.
Trbojevic tore a muscle in his right shoulder in round 19 last year during his first back from a hamstring injury after almost two months on the sidelines.
But the 24 year-old, who only managed seven games in 2020, is confident of being fully fit for Manly’s round one clash against the Sydney Roosters.
“It was a disappointing year for me individually. I tore a muscle in my shoulder, it wasn’t too bad, but it did take a couple of months to get it right,” Trbojevic told The Daily Telegraph.
“I had a lot of time so there was no rushing the recovery and I’m back into full training now.
“To have a full pre-season under my belt definitely helps and I’m enjoying being back at training.”
Despite standing at 194 centimetres, Trbojevic has conceded the crown as the club’s tallest backline player to a new recruit, rising winger Jason Saab.
“He’s definitely taller than me, but he’s got a bit on me. He shaved his hair so that brings him down a little bit,” Trbojevic said with a laugh.
“But we have Taniela [Paseka] there as well and he is pretty tall too. So there are a couple of tall guys there.”
In total, 10 of Des Hasler’s top 30 squad stand 193 centimetres or taller — including Trbojevic, Paseka, Andrew Davey and Haumole Olakau’ata.
With veteran winger Jorge Taufua out until at least April with an Achilles injury, Saab is in a three-way battle for a place on the edge with Tevita Funa and Reuben Garrick.
But Trbojevic believes Saab’s height will provide the Sea Eagles with a potent attacking weapon in the back five.
“Having Saaby there, it makes him a kick threat for sure and that’s really important for wingers these days,” Trbojevic said.
“He offers a bit more in that department. He’s also pretty quick. He is obviously very young and very eager so he’s going to be really good for us.
“We’ve got some good players in the outside backs so there is a big challenge for spots.”
Trbojevic, who was speaking as part of Kayo’s 2021 Sport Lives Here launch, was also full of praise for Kieran Foran, with the Sea Eagles premiership-winning playmaker returning to the northern beaches club for the first time since 2015.
“Foz is great to have back, he is a club legend. It is good to see him back in our colours. It’s great to be around him. He is a great competitor and has done it all the game. I can’t wait to play alongside him,” he said.
But Foran’s homecoming has turned into a roadblock for teen prodigy Josh Schuster.
Veteran playmaker Benji Marshall labelled Schuster’s debut performance against the Wests Tigers as “the best he has seen for a young kind, ever.”
Trbojevic believes Schuster is talented enough to fit his way back into Hasler’s 17 in season 2021.
“He’s training really well … and he’s has a lot of skill for someone his age, he’s got all the skills in the bag. There’s a reason Benji holds him in such high regard,” Trbojevic said.
“You’re definitely going to see a lot more of him in first grade.”
Trbojevic also revealed younger brother Ben is edging closer to a NRL debut in season 2021 but refused to put any pressure or heap any expectations on his versatile 19-year-old sibling.
“He’s had another year of full-time training under his belt and you can definitely see he is getting better,” he said.
“He’s in the top 30 so he is definitely close but he still has to learn a bit and he knows that but he is willing to do that.
“He can play in a fair few positions including centre but he’s a better backrower, he’s quite big.”

Saaby ???? Really ??!!! Surely someone in this footy team can do better than that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6