Tommy Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He would be a good pick up as depth cover for 2nd row if he still wanted to play.

On 100k he would be worth it.

Especially the injury toll we had last year and lane off to the squeals.

Last edited:
Apologies if I missed another thread, but he has seemingly retired.

Not a Manly great by any means, rather someone who played their best for Manly and never gave anything but 100% to win.

Good luck and well played. Thanks for being part of Manly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoTSUlBBgcO/
Yeah... always had a real go. It’s a shame he got injured so many times because he really did have some ability old Tommy Symonds.

Handy pick up you have to be joking, the guy managed 12 games in 3 seasons in england,

good bloke but as a footballer has been basically been semi retired since he left manly

Pity to see someone’s career get cut short by injury. As for his time at manly, I do remember the effort but I remember the dropped balls just as much!

I dont put him anywhere near the bracket of players like Rodney.

Maybe a Leary/Mauro type. Servicible player but shouldn’t be anywhere near a top 17.

Pity to see someone’s career get cut short by injury. As for his time at manly, I do remember the effort but I remember the dropped balls just as much!

I dont put him anywhere near the bracket of players like Rodney.

Maybe a Leary/Mauro type. Servicible player but shouldn’t be anywhere near a top 17.
Yes but above Terrence seu seu

That try in the corner in the last minute v Penrith. Well played lad.

One of the best games I have been to.

That was our first Sunday home game in quite a while, perfect early Spring weather, and a big crowd. We were a frustrating unorganised rabble for 70 minutes of that game, and yet we somehow ended up winning it with some moments of magic at the end. The crowd went ballistic.

Also scored the chargedown try against Souths that sent us to the 2013 Grand Final.

He was the type of player I admire; a real trier and versatile in a number of positions. He was a favourite of mine, plus an intelligent guy who embraced the Manly culture and made a series of interesting videos for the club's website. He would be so much more informative and insightful as a media commentator than the bulk of the boof-heads we have who can't construct a rational sentence.

I can't find anywhere saying he retired, especially not in that instagram post.

But if he has, all the best Tommy. Maybe return and do some more "Tommy talks".

He was the other player who, once T-Baz and Cartwright got involved, seemed to curb his style somewhat...BJ Lawrence being the other one. From memory (sketchy at best) he was told to play a less expansive role in the three or so games he played under Barrett, and just cart the ball up every now and then, rather than running wider and offloading. Really seemed to cramp him up, and he did not look happy playing for us in those few games. I always liked him, he was fast and could find a gap when he first came to us. Reminded me a little bit of Beaver when he ran...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6