Tom Waterhouse slip of the tongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BE, now you're stooping to journalism wankerisms on f-ups while reporting.
It's not even that funny.

but i do enjoy the effort you put in on silvertails.

I laughed my ass off at that: wondered straight away if there may have been a little side bet on him saying it, ala Martin Brundle ocassionally throwing in strange words like "cumquat" during Formula 1 broadcasts...

lismore_fan said:
BE, now you're stooping to journalism wankerisms on f-ups while reporting.
It's not even that funny.

but i do enjoy the effort you put in on silvertails.
Funnier that your post suggesting Glenn Stewart play nsw cup pleeeeeeease

I can't wait untill certain people catch on to how much Waterhouse makes in political donations through various family businesses.

Maybe it was a Freudian reference to the Australian No.7, one Crapper (rude word starting with the letter 'C').

psau14 said:
Waterhouse was attempting to find an appropriate word to describe himself to the viewers.

He got the right word.
Here's a word I think describes him perfectly..

OLEAGINOUS
|ˌow‑lee'a‑ju‑nus|
Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech • oleaginous hypocrisy
= buttery, fulsome, oily, smarmy, soapy, unctuous
≈ insincere
Containing an unusual amount of grease or oil • oleaginous seeds
= greasy, oily, sebaceous
≈ fat, fatty

SMH article:
Live betting odds are set to be banned during sports after the industry's peak body, Free TV Australia, said it would draft a new code of practice.
In a move that would severely restrict the appearance of bookmakers like Tom Waterhouse, the new code also bans commentators and guests from promoting live betting odds during play and for 30 minutes before and after events.
It was designed to "reduce and control the promotion of live odds during the broadcast of live sporting events", FreeTV said in a statement this morning.
Advertisement

The proposed code was open for public comment until 20 May, after which it would be submitted to the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
"The proposed amendments to the code reflect an agreement reached between the Government and commercial radio, commercial television and subscription broadcasters to reduce and control the promotion of live odds during the broadcast of sporting events," FreeTV stated.
The new code will see advertisers such as SportsBet, BetFair and CentreBet banned from advertising live odds during games, or doing "live crosses" to bookmakers.
The federal government started negotiating these changes several years ago.
"The Gillard Government understands that the promotion of live odds during sports broadcasts can contribute to the encouragement of gambling, particularly amongst vulnerable people including children," Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said last June.
In fact, the government has been trying to get the new codes in since May 2011, when all state governments agreed to work towards a ban. Senator Conroy initially gave broadcasters a June 2012 deadline to improve self regulatory codes, but that now appears to have been relaxed.
http://m.smh.com.au/business/live-odds-face-ban-during-sports-play-20130422-2i959.html

Maybe we will all be seeing less Tom.

Get the oleagineous dweeb off our screens.

If there is not bipartisan support for this proposal, then don't bother looking past political donations for an explanation.

Moondog said:
psau14 said:
Waterhouse was attempting to find an appropriate word to describe himself to the viewers.

He got the right word.
Here's a word I think describes him perfectly..

OLEAGINOUS
|ˌow‑lee'a‑ju‑nus|
Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech • oleaginous hypocrisy
= buttery, fulsome, oily, smarmy, soapy, unctuous
≈ insincere
Containing an unusual amount of grease or oil • oleaginous seeds
= greasy, oily, sebaceous
≈ fat, fatty

You've just described Greenturd to a tee.

Pity he didn't bite his tongue really hard when he had the slip of the tongue. Get off the tv you goose.

Is anyone else following the racing today?
Did I just interpret that correctly?
Peter Donegan was just interviewing Gerry Harvey and Singo after All Too Hard beat More Joyous in the All Age Stakes.
I got the impression that Singo will be looking for a new trainer for his stable because of Tom, and something Tom has said, and a conflict of interest with Gai?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6