Tom turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For all the negative behaviour we've heard about some at Manly, too often we overlook the players who made us respected and admired (despite being hated). Cliff Lyons, Beaver, Hasler (despite leaving Manly),Jamie Lyon, Ballin, King, Toovey, Matai, Kite etc who have never come under adverse attention . DCE may not be liked by many, but except for that clash with Hastings, he has always seemed a gentleman The Trbojevics are following that fine tradition of having a public and private appearance without fault. Some of our present players will probably join them so the bad eggs are really the minority, just talked about in the media more.

Yes 66 but it's more than that, some champions appreciate their fame or just know that it is why they are here, rather than some who piss it up against the wall or maybe even in their own mouth

For all the negative behaviour we've heard about some at Manly, too often we overlook the players who made us respected and admired (despite being hated). Cliff Lyons, Beaver, Hasler (despite leaving Manly),Jamie Lyon, Ballin, King, Toovey, Matai, Kite etc who have never come under adverse attention . DCE may not be liked by many, but except for that clash with Hastings, he has always seemed a gentleman The Trbojevics are following that fine tradition of having a public and private appearance without fault. Some of our present players will probably join them so the bad eggs are really the minority, just talked about in the media more.

DCE directly disobeyed Barrett as captain of the team, and went out (to a strip club) despite him.

DCE got a slap on the wrist.

Not too gentlemanly if you ask me.

When Moylan disobeyed his coach at Penrith, he was dropped to reserve grade, and it spelled the start of the end for him.

Different expectations and accountability.

Jake should be our long term captain. For that alone.

Thanks for posting!

They seem pretty well grounded, Jake and Tom, glad we have them. Hopefully Jake gets 10% less angry at the refs soon and it'll be sweet. NIce to hear from a poster whose kid gets coached by Jake.

I wonder how many players coach younger teams? Leaving origin to coach them is a great commitment. Imagine if the whole team went along! The kids would be spun out.

Last edited:
Tom to be Dally M fullback?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/12...ea-eagles-first-dally-m-fullback-in-24-years/

I thought this bit was interesting.... shows how "subjective" votes are.

Trbojevic made his NSW debut in the 2018 Holden State of Origin series – all three appearances on the wing as Tedesco had the No.1 jersey sewn up.

And that's despite Trbojevic having equal tries with Tedesco for the NRL Telstra Premiership season (nine) and more line breaks (19 to 15).

The lanky Manly fullback had more try assists, tackle breaks and line breaks than Tuivasa-Sheck, who ended up with the positional Dally M trophy - and then went on to win overall player of the year.

There needs to be an investigation #next week followed by a yart and push it up manly hates you too bananas.....o_O:snooze::ghost::bento:

May seem selfish, but Tedesco can have any jersey he wants, as long as Tom is able to play for Manly is my preference.
His form in the SOO 2018 showed he is clearly up to the highest standard of footy and can still stand out against the very best....if Manly can
compete, the X factor of Tom will have the opportunity to cash in....

May seem selfish, but Tedesco can have any jersey he wants, as long as Tom is able to play for Manly is my preference.
His form in the SOO 2018 showed he is clearly up to the highest standard of footy and can still stand out against the very best....if Manly can
compete, the X factor of Tom will have the opportunity to cash in....

I think Tom will be a rep player for a long time to come, much like Inglis he can play Centre and FB and his versatility will be highly valued for any selector

Tom to be Dally M fullback?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/12...ea-eagles-first-dally-m-fullback-in-24-years/

I thought this bit was interesting.... shows how "subjective" votes are.

Trbojevic made his NSW debut in the 2018 Holden State of Origin series – all three appearances on the wing as Tedesco had the No.1 jersey sewn up.

And that's despite Trbojevic having equal tries with Tedesco for the NRL Telstra Premiership season (nine) and more line breaks (19 to 15).

The lanky Manly fullback had more try assists, tackle breaks and line breaks than Tuivasa-Sheck, who ended up with the positional Dally M trophy - and then went on to win overall player of the year.

There needs to be an investigation #next week followed by a yart and push it up manly hates you too bananas.....o_O:snooze::ghost::bento:
Wasn't there a story doing the rounds that Freddy said to Tom he was in the running for SOO fullback if he could get the forward pass out of his game. Suffice to say he passed at least one prior to the SOO.

In any future rep teams, if their form stays equal, Tedesco will always be picked over Tom at fullback if only because you can't play Tedesco in the centres or on the wing. Tom is a bigger body and more versatile, so he'll have to get used to playing out of position. Personally I think he's a gun centre anyway.

DCE directly disobeyed Barrett as captain of the team, and went out (to a strip club) despite him.

DCE got a slap on the wrist.

Not too gentlemanly if you ask me.

When Moylan disobeyed his coach at Penrith, he was dropped to reserve grade, and it spelled the start of the end for him.

Different expectations and accountability.

Jake should be our long term captain. For that alone.
I thought dces form alone warranted being dropped, throw that in and its clear barrett was a pussycat

I saw Tommy T walking his dog last week when I was out for a run...he's a big, strapping lad but still looks like a boy in the face. It's scary to think he could get bigger as he matures.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4