Tom turbo 2017 highlights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A number of things....

- great video and great season from Tom T
- watching him stride out in the earlier rounds (pre-Broncos-injury) he certainly appeared to moving more freely and looked faster.
-Blake Green did some really handy things in that video and it's almost a highlights package for him as well.
- Watching Green stride out against the Bunnies with Cook on his tail really highlighted how hampered he must have been later on the in the season with the quad injury. He is not slow and showed a nice turn of speed in that game against the Bunnies, but he really played on one leg towards the back end of the year and stopped taking on the line because of how he couldn't push off that leg.

He is truly a talent. His short kicking game was exceptional in setting up a number of tries. His support play is also first class. I think he will find things a little tougher next year as I think it was the tigers game when he got intercepted a couple of times as he seems to throw the cut out pass to his winger as a default and teams are figuring this out. I'd imagine teams will be expecting the little outside, inside play as well. None the less, a great season Tommy. An Australian Jersey is well deserved.

What a superstar.
Reminds me of Inglis at times but his passing game can be phenomenal. If he masters the timing of his passing game he could easily go down as one of the best ever.... Cant wait to see what he can do in a few years.

Manly is in good hands with the Bo's (Turbo/Jurbo and Burbo soon to join the convocation)
For all the feathered friends that think that at 21 years of age you are still only a baby and you still need to be kept breast fed .......

If your good enough your old enough !!!

Tom Turbo is a Superstar at just 21 years of age
(5 months younger than Brian Kelly)

Some players are gifted with Speed and Skill in Spades . Tom is one of those players . He is a Super Sea eagle .

There is no place for the inept in our Manly teams as our club has to keep up its reputation and high quality standard to being the most successful club in the modern era .
healthy-breastfeeding-3.jpg

You are a special talent Bozo...

In a thread celebrating Tommy, you still manage to work in a not so subtle negative about Kelly...congrats !!
Keep fighting the good fight!

Weakness in our players are our clubs negatives .
I don't support mediocre . I am a Manly supporter.
I don't have the inferior failure North Sydney DNA in my maroon blood .
I am used to the Mighty Manly Sea eagles the most successful team in the modern era .
I don't keep up the fight to keep mediocre players
I pay money to see high quality Sea eagles take the field and make our club proud !!!

And that's probably where your setting yourself up for disappointment...

TT is a special player. At 21, to be named in the Australian Team shows how good he is, especially in a comp as tight as this one.
But...

There are only so many special players in the comp and the salary cap ensures that the special players are shared amongst the 16 teams....
Manly could never be filled with a team of TT's. Just won't happen.
So although Kelly isn't at that same level (yet) he must be apart of our team in order to fill the cap. And while he's apart of our team, I'll suppport him cause I support Manly.

You should try it sometime :)
I understand what you are saying feathered friend .
This is where I am coming from .....
Part of our team will stay and part of our team will go and make way for the completion of the quality players required that make up a winning premiership team .
Not all players will be elite in a team as you say but there are better options than the likes of Kelly and Brown .

Of course there would be. I don't think anyone would refute that.

But.

There's this thing called a salary cap. Managing it probably sounds easier than it actually is. There's a 25 man squad. There's injuries. There's contract timing. There's player experience. A whole host of issues when compiling a squad. Reality is you can't just have the best of every position.

We have Kelly and Brown. For whatever reason (I can see plenty) Bozo and Baz have selected them in our squad this year and maybe next. If that's the case I'll support them cause they wear the maroon and white.
Anyway, no amount of debate will change either of our minds so let's agree to disagree.
We will agree to this ...
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!!

I understand what you are saying feathered friend .
This is where I am coming from .....
Part of our team will stay and part of our team will go and make way for the completion of the quality players required that make up a winning premiership team .
Not all players will be elite in a team as you say but there are better options than the likes of Kelly and Brown .
But do we have cap space or players coming to us as option. I believe we are only a centre short of complete backline of a pretty good backline. The problem I see is pigs, the reliance on Marty to pull 170 plus yards a game along with jake 100 metres and 30 plus yards. We simply don't have any strike power on the edge with 2nd rowers. It's bloody important these days.
Looks at history of our club best era with class 2nd rowers
Randall, Menzies, Kosef, watmough, Glenn Stewart, Paul vautin. The performance for young Siro in round 26 was amazing then backed up with average game yes he was injured.
The issue on frank side is the lack of urgency in defence it really starts with him, he had some good moments. But I believe if we are to go deeper into finals we need a edge 2nd tower who owns that edge and becomes green bodyguard and can break line.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2