Tom Symonds sidelined for at least a month

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
THE Sea Eagles have suffered a setback ahead of the NRL season kick off with backrower Tom Symonds to be sidelined for between four and six weeks.

He was another casualty from the Auckland Nines competition last weekend, injuring his back.

Read More

THE Sea Eagles have suffered a setback ahead of the NRL season kick off with backrower Tom Symonds to be sidelined for between four and six weeks.

He was another casualty from the Auckland Nines co
tom_symonds1.jpg
mpetition last weekend, injuring his back.

“It is a similar sort of thing to what Brett Stewart did,” said Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey.

The back problem sidelined the star Manly fullback for an extended period last year.

Symonds joined the Sea Eagles at the start of the 2013 season after being granted a release by the Sydney Roosters.

After making his spectacular debut for his new club in the NSW Cup he then established himself as a regular member of the Sea Eagles NRL squad.

Symonds’ injury creates an opportunity for players like rising forward James Hasson.

The Sea Eagles yesterday named an extended squad for tomorrow night’s trial with Parramatta art Brookvale Oval.

The squad is: B Stewart, J Taufua, P Hiku, T Satini, K Foran, D Cherry-Evans, J Starling, M Ballin,

B Lawrence, A Watmough, J Horo, J Hasson, C Blair, J Sene-Lefao, J Buhrer, D Lui,

J Hodges, J Littlejohn, G Stewart, C Gutherson, M Iosefa, J Trbojevic, L Sao, S Palmer, D Berryman, M O’Dare, M Ikuvalu, D Reardon, M Manson.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-forward-tom-symonds-sidelined-for-at-least-a-month/story-fngr8iii-1226832749947

He just cant catch a break. He seems to be copping a fair few injuries, both before and since joining us. He is a great talent too

I would've thought Jake T would be in the running too.
Let's see how Saturday goes first.

tookey said:
Buhrer, Lui, Hasson and Starling will now be the bench.

I'd like to see Hiku in the 17. I know it's not standard to have a reserve back but, imo, having three front rowers on the bench is over-kill.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
tookey said:
You're assuming King will be good to go.

Yes assuming King starts with Lawrence. If not then probably Starling to start instead of King and Sao to come into the bench. A big worry if one or two props get inured during the year.

The club will hold Jake back a fair bit during 2014 and 2015 will be his year to be a regular first grader.

tookey said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
tookey said:
You're assuming King will be good to go.

Yes assuming King starts with Lawrence. If not then probably Starling to start instead of King and Sao to come into the bench. A big worry if one or two props get inured during the year.

The club will hold Jake back a fair bit during 2014 and 2015 will be his year to be a regular first grader.

I am hearing Jake will be getting a lot of game time this season and then become the regular Prop, he and Lawrence are my two picks.

Hearing the same thing, that's why they didn't risk him at the 9's tournament. Turbo is rated ahead of Lui, Andrews and Sao.

Chip and Chase said:
Hearing the same thing, that's why they didn't risk him at the 9's tournament. Turbo is rated ahead of Lui, Andrews and Sao.

He sure is, they are not up to Jakes level.

You blokes have obviously watched a lot of Andrews then? Donny will work wonders with Tyson's fitness. I don't know how you can judge a blokes worth by watching him play a few minutes of a trial game. I'm not saying he is better than Jake, but I can't write him or Lui or Sao off. While some on here are hoping that our young blokes come good this year, I'm kind of expecting it. Either way, it will be very interesting.

Good news is, rangas have super powers and heal quickly. I know this due to being a proud parent of a lovely redhead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6