Tom almost a million a year player same as DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I wonder if the turbos will get the same crap on here that DCE gets about being paid 1 million? Now that Tom is being paid almost the same (a 900k a year 3 extension) puts him right up there with the top paid players in the NRL! DCE won a premiership, clive churchill medal, represented QLD and Australia and am happy Manly have signed him long term on a million a year to keep him at the club, cause we would be up sh#t creek without a paddle if we didn't have him in our side!

Tom has only really played one full season in the top grade so to be getting a 900k a year deal is pretty outstanding for him. And Jake is also being paid near the top of the tree for a forward. (both have yet to even play rep footy)

Still, happy we have secured them, as they will no doubt be future rep players. Will just be interesting to see if Tom drops a catch and an opposition team score, with the forum blow up and say he's not worth 900k a year?

I really don't care how much we pay them as long as they perform, and they will. Soon both contracts will be justified. Tom will be NSW and Australia fullback. Jake will be NSW and Australia Lock. Storm pay 4 million for four players basically. Smith 1.1 million, Slater 1.2 million, Cronk 1.2 million, Bromwich 800k. That's 4.3 million for four players.

@Simonmyers11 - if their form warrants criticism, it warrants it. DCE's form has been down. Even Myles called him out on it this past season. The Trbojevic boys have been shining lights for us.

I understand you're trying to rip people for criticising the players, but why not look at it like this. This is a Manly Sea Eagles forum, where people are sjupposed to exactly DISCUSS the form of the team and players.

Give praise when it's warranted (like the Trbojevic boys consistently receive). Give criticism when it's warranted (like DCE has been for the past 2 to 2.5 years).

its not 900K out of the salary cap, that is total package including TPA.

but still a juicy wicket but at least we have them for 4 more seasons

I really don't care how much we pay them as long as they perform, and they will. Soon both contracts will be justified. Tom will be NSW and Australia fullback. Jake will be NSW and Australia Lock. Storm pay 4 million for four players basically. Smith 1.1 million, Slater 1.2 million, Cronk 1.2 million, Bromwich 800k. That's 4.3 million for four players.

Where did you get these figures from? Smith should be paid the most!!

Maybe Smith gets paid more under his second contract.

I wonder if the turbos will get the same crap on here that DCE gets about being paid 1 million? Now that Tom is being paid almost the same (a 900k a year 3 extension) puts him right up there with the top paid players in the NRL! DCE won a premiership, clive churchill medal, represented QLD and Australia and am happy Manly have signed him long term on a million a year to keep him at the club, cause we would be up sh#t creek without a paddle if we didn't have him in our side!

Tom has only really played one full season in the top grade so to be getting a 900k a year deal is pretty outstanding for him. And Jake is also being paid near the top of the tree for a forward. (both have yet to even play rep footy)

Still, happy we have secured them, as they will no doubt be future rep players. Will just be interesting to see if Tom drops a catch and an opposition team score, with the forum blow up and say he's not worth 900k a year?
I think the 900 year (or years) are at the back end of this deal. So you can't bag him until 2019 ;)

Chez cops it because idiots think half backs can single handedly dominate a game despite having either no platform or with an at best mixed bag out wide, but c'mon - we're smarter than that Simon.

I'm just happy that DCE & the Trbos are our expensive problem & not another clubs! Wow DCE & the Trbos..........sounds like a 50s rock band arghhhhh! Hopefully they will rock the NRL next year!
@:D:thumbsup:✅ - trifecta!

Trbojevic Bro's are worth every cent. Manly Jnr's, who love the club, will never think about playing elsewhere, are consistent performers & are really good people. Dce could learn a thing or two from these kids...starting with consistent performances.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnlyyy

DCE wouldn't be paid that much had they not stuffed it up.
As for his form, he hardly had Wally Lewis outside him or a champion pack in front of him. Plus a bung ankle.
Perspective needed in his case.

People have found all the excuses in the world for him these past two years, but with Green, and a pretty strong forward pack around him (and an off season to get fully fit) - no more excuses.

Can we at least agree on that, or is he able to under perform because Marge has a game leg?

People have found all the excuses in the world for him these past two years, but with Green, and a pretty strong forward pack around him (and an off season to get fully fit) - no more excuses.

Can we at least agree on that, or is he able to under perform because Marge has a game leg?
Completely agree. But if he doesn't, then what are they going to do with him? It's going to be extremely difficult to unload him with the contract baggage he carries.

Agree, but injury aside he needs to have a better year in 2017!!

Personally I think he will, as long as injuries don't play a role.

But only time will tell.

TPA's people.

Do you honestly think that Manly are paying all of DCE's contract without TPA's? Same thing with the Turbo's. Even the Penn's and Fulton wouldn't be dumb enough to have that much of the salary cap tied up in just 3 players.

The Turbo's have reportedly signed for $5 million between them for 4 years. I think it would be a safe bet that at most the club will only be paying for about $3.5 million of that. The rest would be in TPA's, and as we know TPA's have no salary cap and don't count towards the NRL's salary cap.

And for what its worth I think they are worth it.

TPA's people.

Do you honestly think that Manly are paying all of DCE's contract without TPA's? Same thing with the Turbo's. Even the Penn's and Fulton wouldn't be dumb enough to have that much of the salary cap tied up in just 3 players.

The Turbo's have reportedly signed for $5 million between them for 4 years. I think it would be a safe bet that at most the club will only be paying for about $3.5 million of that. The rest would be in TPA's, and as we know TPA's have no salary cap and don't count towards the NRL's salary cap.

And for what its worth I think they are worth it.

Third Party Agreements, Marquee Player Allowances, Long Serving Player Allowances, Media Agreements, Vehicle Allowances and Study Allowances would all form part of a players actual salary, and subsequent salary cap hit.

I've worked out that DCE's actual cap hit could be $250k (on a contract of 1.2M) if the club were smart enough to use all available avenues to reduce it.

TPA's are very much a gray area. Many years ago, I spoke to a Chooks recruiter, and the stuff he told me was completely jaw dropping.

@Simonmyers11 - if their form warrants criticism, it warrants it. DCE's form has been down. Even Myles called him out on it this past season. The Trbojevic boys have been shining lights for us.

I understand you're trying to rip people for criticising the players, but why not look at it like this. This is a Manly Sea Eagles forum, where people are sjupposed to exactly DISCUSS the form of the team and players.

Give praise when it's warranted (like the Trbojevic boys consistently receive). Give criticism when it's warranted (like DCE has been for the past 2 to 2.5 years).

Hi Ryan,

I'm fine with people bagging DCE, I am disappointed with his form drop as well, I just think he cops it ALL the time and people expect a little too much of him - especially considering we had half the team injured last year.

I think also people expect more of him cause we all know how bloody good he can be! We have all seen him at the top of his game, and when he plays like we know he can, he is a world beater! I would not want another half playing for manly to be honest. Yes, his form has been down at times and he has been injured, but dam he gives it his all - every game. Sometimes trying too hard. He is one dam tough half and I love his competitiveness and stoked he has committed long term for manly!

My whole point to this article was DCE often gets blamed for Manly's loss cause he is the highest paid player, now that Tom is on near the same (at least back ended contract) will people also rip into Tom just as much.
I dont really care personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, will just be interesting to see how things go??

We signed DCE on that deal because we know what he can do, same for Tom

Hi Ryan,

I'm fine with people bagging DCE, I am disappointed with his form drop as well, I just think he cops it ALL the time and people expect a little too much of him - especially considering we had half the team injured last year.

I think also people expect more of him cause we all know how bloody good he can be! We have all seen him at the top of his game, and when he plays like we know he can, he is a world beater! I would not want another half playing for manly to be honest. Yes, his form has been down at times and he has been injured, but dam he gives it his all - every game. Sometimes trying too hard. He is one dam tough half and I love his competitiveness and stoked he has committed long term for manly!

My whole point to this article was DCE often gets blamed for Manly's loss cause he is the highest paid player, now that Tom is on near the same (at least back ended contract) will people also rip into Tom just as much.
I dont really care personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion, will just be interesting to see how things go??

We signed DCE on that deal because we know what he can do, same for Tom

Honestly, I think with the additional salary, there will be greater expectation for the Trbojevic's - so yes, I think they'll come under much heavier scrutiny - unfortunately.

Just like GI. I remember when he made his debut in Melbourne, and subsequent year, it was all about potential, how good he could be, how he was the next big thing.

I also remember L Daley saying on Fox once he signed his next huge contract, that he then needs to go to that next level (and consistently) and as we all know, he did.

Cronk, Smith, Thurston, S Burgess & most of the other top end players are pretty consistent. Their worst games not too adrift from their best. Ok, some games they are flat, but they bounce back pretty quick.

I agree with you completely with DCE. When he is good, he is very, very good. But as the saying goes, when he is bad.....(and I also agree to , probably due mitigating circumstance)...well...you know the rest.

I completely understand what you are saying though. I just think you hoped that people were going to state they wouldn't rip the Trbojevic's if their form is down.

I think we are in a day and age now, where you are only as good as your last game, so if their form is down, and they don't bounce back pretty quick (DCE has been pretty flat for 2 years now), I think they'll be under the spot light, which would be a shame, because they are so damned refreshing to me as a fan.

I know that's not the response you probably wanted (and I cringe at the thought of people ripping them - some even did with Tom this past season - which I thought was ridiculous given his output), but I guess their form, and people's opinion's are out of our control.

BUT, I also think they are of a certain quality where their best might not be too adrift from their worst.

We were still in the hunt for the finals with 5 rounds to go. Remember when the opposition did a grubber kick, and Tom attacked the ball (against The Dogs) to grab it, but missed it, basically killing off our season. That hurt, but at the same time, I knew Tom ripped in the whole game, and the whole season, so I forgave it pretty quickly - and that was a defining moment.

Let's just hope this discussion is moot anyway, and they all play like machines next season, and we have nothing to worry about. That's my hope, anyways :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2