Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Carney has been working with Fabri as he searches for his next step in the game and that will now be in England with Hull.

Carney has been spending time with his mother, who has been battling cancer, but after being by her side as she went through chemotherapy, she has given Carney her blessing to move to the English Super League. It would be Carney’s second stint in the European league. He played 17 games for Salford last year after two seasons with French club Catalans Dragons.

He will play under coach Tim Sheens. ‘‘Sheensy was my Australian coach and I’m looking forward to playing under him again,’’ Carney said. ‘‘He has shown faith in me and I’m excited at the opportunity. I hope I can play well and I want it known that my NRL dream is very much alive.’’

SMH

Carney is the Manly of players. Potentially brilliant but crucified by the authorities for infractions far less significant than those committed by others who seem to be koala Bears as far as the NRL are concerned. OK. He did some stupid things about 4 years ago. Though some of his actions were potentially dangerous to others such as with PCA charges, at no stage did he intentionally set out to harm anyone else, and his behaviour was at best stupid, juvenile. Yet he is treated like a murderer by the League and the media, probably because his actions embarrassed the admin of the game as especially Gallop for its initial 'softly, carey' approach at the beginning (totally inconsistent with how Brett Stewart was treated at that time, and later found innocent), when the kid needed firm guidance and constructive sanctioning at that stage. Instead they mollycoddled him and he ran all over them with further misdemeanours. They became embarrassed and then over reacted...and have been over reacting ever since. Demonstrates the ineptitude and immaturity of the present League Admin and the irresponsible writing by journos, especially those associated with News LTD

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8