Today's Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Today's Game

Was down at the game today. A few things, or points of note I thought of:-

1. Michael Bani is a great winger. Pretty classy for someone with TWO games under his belt. Imagine that, with 50+ games experience....OUCH !!!

2. Mortimer played 1/2 back in Premier League. What a great player !!! Scored a couple....set up a couple more. As much as I hate to say this, as I'm a Groom fan, Mortimer actually had a more rounded game today than that od which I would have expected from Groom.

3. Junior Palou or whatever his name is in Premier League seems a likely bloke. Very keen. Very Tall. Has a Mateo look to his play.

4. Vic Mauro played extremely well in 1st grade. ANOTHER very good prospect in my opinion. Gone are the days of having back ups like Curtis, Durdavic and co.

5. Travis Burns. What....a.....shocker. I was gutted he signed with The Cowgirls. But seriously, and like most at the ground said....see ya later. He was trampled when playing against The Warriors. He was trampled today...and those STUPID penalties. I personally believe that penalty changed the sway of the match, plus The Dragons second try was after Creagh steamed right over the top of him. Oh well.

6. Halden looked very good in Premier League. Very much a leader in that group. Much more so than J P Cherry and co. from years past.

7. Matt Ballin was fantastic in Premier League. 1st try scorer of coarse. He needs to be our utility player if Dessie REALLY wants a proper utility on the bench.

8. I don't care what anyone says about todays 1st grade performance. We really had nothing to play for. We had the game sewn up at 1/2 time. We were playing against a Dragons outfit with Cooper / Gasnier / Creagh / Woolford / Poore and co. all in it throwing the ball around.

9. Cuthbertson - getting better and better and better.

Today's Game

Sunburn got to you Ryan? I just can't find anything to disgaree with you in this post. I guess it had to happen one day.

Today's Game

Fair points I agree with you Ryan. Mortimer to be back up 7 over Halden.

Oh yeah and Burns is crap.

Today's Game

Agree about Burns he did nothing when he came, Ballin back to the bench for me.

If Kite, along with Hall/Rose, is out Cuthbo is going to be our main man off the bench. Jack A was very dissapointing today as well

Today's Game

Feedback from the club after match....
1. Kite out for up to 2 weeks, badly torn groin, doctor said it was pretty bad, everyone else OK.
2. Team was told not to do anything stupid in the 2nd half.... obviously they took it as not to tackle also.
3. Bani sensational at wing, he had a smile 2 feet wide talking about his break and great pass on the kick off return try...good on him.
4. Dunley who is recovering from surgery 2 weeks ago looks like he's off to England next season. Club officials did not expect him to be there next year.
5. Willow reckons he's close to agrrement with Manly, andreckons he's staying. Reckons it will take up to 2-3 weeks to finalise as the clubs focus is on Semi's at the moment.
6. Met a few of you guys on game day, great to put faces to the fellow posters. Boy we all look like intelligent individuals.

Today's Game

re point 6: Looks can deceive!!! :blaugh:

I am proud of the way I bit my tongue when one of the 1st things you said was religious !! :lol:

Today's Game

1. Kite out for up to 2 weeks, badly torn groin, doctor said it was pretty bad, everyone else OK.

How does a badly torn groin equal only 2 weeks?

Today's Game

[quote author=mellonhead]

How does a badly torn groin equal only 2 weeks?
[/quote]

needles

Today's Game

any news on the union player (disgruntled all black) that we might be signing mellonhead??

Today's Game

Everythings at an impass at the moment....Willow hanging out for an extra $10- 15K, Manly need some of it to honour the payment they want to sign the Union player with.... If Willow gets more the union player will have to take less.... don't know what will happen...Willow said he would resolve what was happening within a fortnight, thought he was staying at Manly next season. This is what he said on Sunday.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6