Today Tele - Dragons not interested in Stewart?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is probably already been posted but if so, i have missed it!

But at the end of the Beau Scott to Dragons article there is a little snippet basically saying the dragons are distancing themselves from talk of Stewart and club insiders suggest he has never been a legitimate target.

i mean all paper talk and it doesn't mean a thing but still worth a mention!

Sounds too good to be true! anyone who says they're "not interested" in either Glenn or Brett are absolutely kidding themselves, as any club would love to either of them or both on their rosters.

Sounds a bit like the club has full confidence with [insert coach name here] only to find the next day he's sacked!

Also apparently Andrew Moore stated last night that the Dragons are not chasing Stewart because of his knee problems

Whether it is deserved or not, both the Stewarts come with a lot of baggage. As good as they are, I think a lot of clubs will pass on them for that reason.

I'd be real nervous signing a guy wanting 500-600k a year with chronic knee problems!! As much as I love Brett, that is franchise player money and not sure if he is the KEY player. If he has another occurence you will probably write off 2012!! It's a massive dilemma for us.

The fact is the Stewarts are very high maintenance, I have said this before and it's an unpopulated view here but it's true. Most clubs will be keen on them as players but the baggage is tiresome.

bob dylan said:
The fact is the Stewarts are very high maintenance, I have said this before and it's an unpopulated view here but it's true. Most clubs will be keen on them as players but the baggage is tiresome.
Thats ok bob ,we will keep the baggage and the talent that comes with the dynamic duo Stewarts .These boys were only born to play with the Mighty Sea Eagles and are not suited to any other team culture .:D

bob dylan said:
That mainly because of one media organisation, the one that defamed Brett and had to pay costs because of the filth 3 of their wannabe writers published (kent, Wilson, massoud) those have been the 3 who have bagged Brett and Glenn at every oportunity since. That Is the major reason they are seen as high maintenance.

Cambo said:
bob dylan said:
That mainly because of one media organisation, the one that defamed Brett and had to pay costs because of the filth 3 of their wannabe writers published (kent, Wilson, massoud) those have been the 3 who have bagged Brett and Glenn at every oportunity since. That Is the major reason they are seen as high maintenance.
Yes Cambo the Stewart boys are very high maintenance to every oppossition defensive stradegy and Kent , Wilson and Massoud can all go and get #@&*% !!!

If the Dragons want to pay big money to sign Brett Stewart, a St.George Illawarra junior good luck to them.
Manly supporters love him & wish we could afford him because he deserves every dollar.

Problem is Manly must resign Daly Cherry-Evans & Kieran Foran at all costs.

bob dylan said:

High maintenance in what way ? And what baggage ?

Don't for one minute get me wrong these guys are two of my favorite ever players and will break my heart if they don't finish their careers at Manly.

They are absolute Manly legends.

Do they come with kids and a stalker ex partner or something?

I think the baggage he is alluding to is that Glenn worked as a real estate agent before he made it as a footballer, and Brett was a Parramatta fan when he was a kid. Shameful on both fronts

That's disgusting on both accounts. Reminds me of Greg the stop sign

The rich kid becomes a junkie
The poor kid an advertiser
What a tragic waste of potential -
Being a junkie's not so good either.

I think he'll stay for 2 years to coincide with Glen contract end date. His manager is just trying to get him more money and who can blame him. But after seeing Chase Stanley tonight, I think the dragons should want him.

Sorry I meant Kyle Stanley

Brett has been an absolute legend of Manly!! Good luck to him if he leaves and takes the big dough, 100 tries!! fair dinkum fans!! Yes, bad knees but a name to sit with Eadie!!

If Snake goes Loxley from Wynnum Manly more then adequate replacement.
Was B.Slater's understudy. Don't hold that against him very good

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4