Titans -> set play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Titans -> set play

I dont know if anyone watched this game, but at the very end the Titans score a try in like the 78th minute.

They scored it off of a set play. I remember them trying the same set play last year but they over ran the dummy and got done for obstruction.

Can anyone remember the play they ran.

Play: Go deep to Prince for thr drop out. Prince Dummy;s the Drop out and run a little left and passes left. That player has Minichello running the dummy, he runs in looking for all money like the receiver and Friend I think, dummy;s to him and goes one more out. Rogers then can go through hands for a try in the corner, or like in this situation step back right and score.

Just thought it was interesting because this is a piece I remember them trying at least once. Something we need to beware of and have the backs in position and have the fullbackwide or the rguys on the left come back in cover.

Anyone know the play i am talking about and what game they tried it last year?

Re: Titans -> set play

Like a lot of other set plays, it's a great move that works best when the defender falls over. 

fair assesment but I doubt that we'll see of it this year. Our compressed defense may not slide that quick

That play only works if the scores are locked up with 5 to go and the defence is thinking field goal. The best way to nullify this play is to be ahead on the scoreboard because they won't be faking field goal plays then.

I didn't see that play, but I saw the Tits score their first when St David Campese ran out of the line and the ball was grubbed through the gap he opened.  Not a good look from in front. 

I was at the Titans game last night, let me tell you they only JUST won, and didn't look at all confident., and the Raiders were a bit unlucky with a Titans try scored in one corner looking to have been scored by a player at leat 1/2 to a metre forward of the kicker, I know I was along the line when the kick was made!!

Makes me feel we can get them when we play there in a months time.

I can just read the headlines on 25 May in the Gold Coast Bulletin

SEA EAGLES DEMOLISH TITANS 2ND YEAR RUNNING

In an awsome display of football, last years Premiers the Manly Sea Eagles put on a masterful display at Skilled Stadium yesterday afternoon, in front of a huge crowd, many of whom where Sea eagles supporters who had made the trek north.

Half Back Matt Orford and Centre Jamie Lyon dominated the game with their tactical kicking and the try to seal the game from much maligned Full Back Brett Stewart was pure poetry in motion.

To all that were there it signified that the team that lost the first 4 games is certainly back, especially after their 6 game winning streak placing them in 4th position and only a few points behind the leaders.

It certainly rings true that Premierships are not won in March, or even April.

Source: Gold Coast Bulletin Monday 25th may 2009

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=180145.msg219714#msg219714 date=1240031977]
How do you dummy a drop out?
Pretend to drop out, then take a tap. Simple!
[/quote]

A drop out is taken when you either take the ball dead in goal in ground the ball in goal. You cant dummy and take a tap.

I think Dan means field goal.

meant field goal mate. The Bourbons ruined my ability to communicate it correctly

I was drinking it. Ha ha

clontaago link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=180145.msg219717#msg219717 date=1240034413]
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=180145.msg219714#msg219714 date=1240031977]
How do you dummy a drop out?
Pretend to drop out, then take a tap. Simple!
[/quote]

A drop out is taken when you either take the ball dead in goal in ground the ball in goal. You cant dummy and take a tap.

I think Dan means field goal.
[/quote]
A drop out is the same as a dummy.
When you can't finish your schooling.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8