Titans offer 450K more plus recruitment consultant role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
So the titans have apparently offered 450K more than manly plus a recuritment consultant role in order to get DCE. Apparently the fact the NRL owns the club now gives him certainty of his future.

1. If Cricket Aust was anything to go by, players in recuritment roles dont end well
2. I dont think its fair the NRL takes control of a club and then all of a sudden they are cashed up to throw mega dollars at DCE.
3. Will taking 150k a year more now bite him later if the titans fail as a club and his value plummets.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...club-recruitment/story-e6frf3xc-1227240486630

EDIT: It's 450K for the whole contract, not per season like I origianly wrote, Sorry.

Last edited:
Dave Smith said they won't guarantee the contracts so how does a broke club make this offer?

DCE would be crazy IMO to go to the titans. No culture, no history.
No fans. May not even exist down the track despite what NRL are saying now. Deep down he must know that however I guess the huge dollars they are offering is tempting.

I actually have no problem with the NRL committing funds to the Titans to make them a strong entity just as the AFL do.It is far more sensible than allowing people to get a licence who simply haven't the wherewithal like Searle. But it should NOT come via a special increase in salary cap. The cap should be off limits.Commit NRL money over the long term for facilities, junior development,marketing ,lobbying the state govt over ground fees etc to build a strong club.Hanging around in the shadows with dodgy deals is ridiculous. Be upfront and plan long term FFS.Will the teddy bear and Greenturd do it.Of course not!

And not just the Titans.New clubs added in the future should be afforded the same assistance as should current clubs that are deemed as a valuable component of the comp if they require assistance in specific areas and not some administrator slush fund..All we have at the moment is some hazy future fund and the Teddy Bear and The Turd rolling around town in limos.If you make the clubs strong the flow on is strong juniors and strong community support.

Non locals don't realize the effect Searle himself had on crowds up here.Until he was exposed as a myth and the extent of his dudding was obvious crowds were great for the Titans.Made some of the Sydney turnouts look very ordinary.Give the club a solid foundation, pull out all stops to renegotiate the stadium deal and I know truckloads of fans who will return.

Last edited:
Dave Smith said they won't guarantee the contracts so how does a broke club make this offer?

They guarantee all contracts. If we go broke ( won't happen) the NRL will pay every player as they should. It is now in the rules 2 many players have lost money because of clubs before going broke and not paying players.

So the titans have apparently offered 450K more a season than manly plus a recuritment consultant role in order to get DCE. Apparently the fact the NRL owns the club now gives him certainty of his future.

1. If Cricket Aust was anything to go by, players in recuritment roles dont end well
2. I dont think its fair the NRL takes control of a club and then all of a sudden they are cashed up to throw mega dollars at DCE.
3. Will taking 160k a year more now bite him later if the titans fail as a club and his value plummets.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...club-recruitment/story-e6frf3xc-1227240486630

$450k more per season or $450k more over the term of the contract???
I read it as $450k over 3 years.
$150k per season, whilst a lot of $$$, isn't that much relatively speaking, factoring in lifestyle, family, mates, security, etc.

Daly-just go mate! Time to look forward.
Imagine allowing a player to have final say on contracts and retention. Good luck with that system Titans-what a f***ing rabble that mob are, with a former referee/politician running the joint.

Yeah if 150 a season once u take tax out then also factor in potential downside of selling on the northern beaches and missing house price growth here rather than Gold Coast ( although he could just rent up there and keep his nthn beaches home) it wouldn't be worth the risk of playing with the titans you'd have to think

Daly-just go mate! Time to look forward.
Imagine allowing a player to have final say on contracts and retention. Good luck with that system Titans-what a f***ing rabble that mob are, with a former referee/politician running the joint.
**** me dead they may as well give him the keys to the City. It's about the only thing they haven't offered him.

I think Manly should look at legal avenues if DCE goes to Titans.

GC wouldn't be able to afford him on their own & therefore it's a conflict of interest for the NRL to give one club an advantage over another.

Manly got no help when asking the NRL for help when trying to re-sign Gift.

Maybe we should ask NRL for assistance in matching Titans offer?

It's only fair isn't it? If he goes to GC I'm done!

They guarantee all contracts. If we go broke ( won't happen) the NRL will pay every player as they should. It is now in the rules 2 many players have lost money because of clubs before going broke and not paying players.

But they have already gone BROKE.
So how can they spend money on new signings?

But they have already gone BROKE.
So how can they spend money on new signings?

That's a different argument. They could shut them down also shut down Newcastle and cut of Balmain sides funding also from the wests tigers. If that happens all tv contracts are null and void and we no longer get the grant that we have budgeted on. Every club get's funding 2 cover the cap.I would shut them down personally but if they did the NRL could be sued for breach of contract by 9 and Fox or certainly have 2 renegotiate the contract

How would this "consultancy role in recruitment" work? What a crock. Would DCE have a get out clause if the coach disagreed with his recruitment ideas? Would DCE have the power to veto recruitment? It smacks of depseration :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6