Tipping Round 3 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A round of very close games, with the biggest winning margin just 12 points and 5 games decided by less than a converted try. This fact is justification enough for me to feel that I'm just a good tipper out of luck. Once again I failed to tip the bonus game, which once again was one of the closest games of the round (bloody Panthers snatching it at the death). If I find out who the Billy Slater is that chooses the bonus games each week there will be trouble .....

Warriors awoke from their slumber and the Titans turned around a couple of bad performances to provide the obligatory upsets for the round on top of the Tigers shock win. Tough to pick a full card with that sort of thing going on, and no one managed it of course. We had 6 tippers who got 14 points, which I suspect was 6 from 8 including a bonus game.

@Dan fearless leader, @"Peter C", Choc's No 1 fan @marga, @Moondog, @"the mauler" and @Andrew.. all achieved top of the tree this week. But there can only be one winner, well actually this week there are two, both of whom got within 2 of the final margin

The Sea Eagles 2014 Members Jersey Tipping Comp weekly winners for Round 2 are Dan and Peter C, just tipping out marga by 1 point. Well done lads, for those concerned about possible conflicts of interest I can assure you that this weeks results were audited by one of the big 3 firms "Slater, Smith and Cronk". PM me your contact details Peter and I will pass onto the club to organise your double pass, Dan I've already claimed yours :)

After 3 rounds we have a clear cut leading three. @Boofhead has backed up his first round leading score with solid efforts since to lead us out with 36 points. Nipping at his heels are @anthonyb1965 and @Moondog who are a game and two behind him respectively. Last years winner @mickqld and erstwhile table topper @stiffi have struggled with the premiership hangover and are languishing. However we all know that titles aren't won in March, so like me they'll be looking at starting a run shortly.

Leaderboard can be viewed here

2014 Tipping Comp Leaderboard

I suspect that this weeks games will be just as tough, starting with the GF replay on Friday. Bonus game is Sharks vs Knights, which are always tight affairs. Good luck this week.

A quick reminder that if you want to get your name on the 2014 Members Jersey then you will have to sign up by the end of this week. Contact the club for more info.

I was thinking of flying back for my tickets. haha

Cowboys and Warriors play a similar brand of football and given their run of 2 losses, if Warriors were going to win any game, this was the one, so I put that one down to money in the bank, and the Dogs were always going to believe their own hype after last week so were also morals for the loss.

Titans and Raiders was always a toss of a coin and the Tigers were a surprise packet, Tedesco looks like a quality player.

I am surprised people had real trouble with any of their tips

Dogs were morals for a loss ????!!!! If that's the case then they left it to the last minute....literally. Robbed I tell you.....Robbed !!!!!

Chip and Chase said:
Dogs were morals for a loss ????!!!! If that's the case then they left it to the last minute....literally. Robbed I tell you.....Robbed !!!!!

They were always going to lose, it was just a matter of which point in the game it was going to happen.

Hope you all liked the new messaging around the results in your PM

I liked how you explained your thinking (nice insight)...as I had trouble picking this week. Don't like your damn smugness telling us we're idiots for having trouble :p:p (lol)

Though as winner you get that right!

A big well done to you winners!

And did we all notice a change in the comments in the pm?

globaleagle said:
I liked how you explained your thinking (nice insight)...as I had trouble picking this week. Don't like your damn smugness telling us we're idiots for having trouble :p:p (lol)

Though as winner you get that right!

A big well done to you winners!

And did we all notice a change in the comments in the pm?

After a woeful two weeks, I needed some smugness

Hopefully the PM notification was a good change, I wont give away what they all say but there are a few different variations. I might even vary the message randomly for each of the percentage brackets

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Officially I am 'not too bad'.
Thanks. I think :s

I deliberately avoided being too mean. Not too bad means you got between 60 and 80% of the tips correct, which isn't too bad really :)

The brackets are

Code:
100% = "Awesome Tipping";
80 - 99%=  "Well Done, Pretty good effort";
60 - 79% = "Not too bad";
50 - 59% =  "Pretty Average tipping, I'll put it down to you being tired";
1 - 49% = "Look, it's not a great result, but hey at least you got something right";
0% = "Let's just say that using a dart board to pick tips, probably wasn't a great move";

That is about as mean as I felt like being. I may add some new variations and brackets, but to be honest I got tired of adding them, but can easily add more if anyone feels like adding to the whimsical messages I can also vary them within a bracket too

Dan said:
Hopefully the PM notification was a good change, I wont give away what they all say but there are a few different variations.

I might even vary the message randomly for each of the percentage brackets

Dan said:
The brackets are

Code:
100% = "Awesome Tipping";
80 - 99%=  "Well Done, Pretty good effort";
60 - 79% = "Not too bad";
50 - 59% =  "Pretty Average tipping, I'll put it down to you being tired";
1 - 49% = "Look, it's not a great result, but hey at least you got something right";
0% = "Let's just say that using a dart board to pick tips, probably wasn't a great move";

YOU BIG FIBBER!!!!!! This weeks points of yours should be deducted. :p

Plus I'd say if you got 0....using a dart board would probably be better!!

In another bonus, the worse you score, the longer the message you get!

Hey is that octopus that predicts things still alive?

....just checked....no it isn't. boo!

- whoever wins one week can write the new messages for the next:

a)If they wanna, and
b)If they get the new messages in within 24 hours of being notified they won.

cause like Dan has nothing better to do!!!! *

Yes he has!

Ha I could automate that privilege I guess

Dan said:
I deliberately avoided being too mean. Not too bad means you got between 60 and 80% of the tips correct, which isn't too bad really :)
Well something's not working because I only got 3 correct, that isn't 60%!

Ok cheers, I couldn't test it for obvious reasons but see why the code is tripping up. Instead of evaluating it as a single statement it just sees the less than 80 and trips up there I can probably change that for next week

nah all good I need to make sure it is triggering correctly

Hmm changes work in my code tester so see how it goes next week

Don't be so modest marga.

Anyway Pete is already a season ticket holder so he has generously offered up his double pass to any other tipping comp member. First in best dressed. PM me.

If C&C hasn't taken mine then it is of course up for grabs too. Was going to pass it on to family but they are all members

No I won't be taking yours Dan, so that double pass is up for grabs as well.

Well done to Dan & Peter C!

I keep sliding further down the table.... not sure what happened to my tipping form from last year :huh: I won my work comp too. This year i'm looking at a wooden spoon...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4