Tipping Comp Weekly Winner Round 17

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Great finish to the weekend with a good solid win for the boys tonight. A full dance card this week with 8 games, so 18 points up for grabs for those with the insight. I suppose most games went to plan, but as always Dan manages to allocate the bonus game to the most mind boggling game of the week. Well mind boggling for me, I can't remember the last bonus game I picked correctly. Anyway two tippers kept a clean slate this week

The Sea Eagles Fan Hubs Tipping Comp weekly winner for Round 17 is............

@Roger and @"Utility Player" game up with 8 from 8 AND a margin call 2 off the final 6 point result to the Knights. So once again we have a tied round. I think that's the 3rd one this year.

Well done to Roger and UP, if you pair PM me your name and preferred email contact I will pass onto the club, and they will then contact you regarding your prize.

We had 7 tippers who missed out by one game, led by the ladies @debraceagle and @niccipops. Also @bones, @Bradza, @StuBoot, @"Lyon King" and @"Growler FNQ" came close, but I'm sure the 16 points will come in handy nonetheless.

The leaderboard is viewable here

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

Don't forget to support our partner and check out a Sea Eagles Fan Hub near you. More info in the following link

Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

Keep an eye on the LFS standing as we are down to the final 10 there.

Chip and Chase said:
We had 7 tippers who missed out by one game, led by the ladies @debraceagle and @niccipops.
Congrats Roger and UP.
Woo hoo. I only got one wrong for the first time ever. :D I'm mixing up my most likely to lose strategy with being sensible at times.

Got 3 wrong, and they were all on Sunday. Well done to this weeks winners.

Keep that strategy going @niccipops

Must also congratulate @Moondog for maintaining his lead and being the first to crack the 200 point barrier. @Stiffi won't drop off either, hanging on to second place, one game off the pace. These two have been at the head of the peleton for pretty much the whole season.

I got all but the bonus game right....damn it. umped up a spot on the ladder, now on equal 8th with @bones

You and Bones aren't 8th, there are 20 tippers ahead of you.

Thanks all, was nice to tip all the winners for once, if I can do that every week I might get near the top, haha

@"Utility Player" has kindly offered his free double pass to a fellow Silvertails tipping comp member as he is not in a position to utilise it. (He has been named on the bench this week due to Origin and injuries)

So if there are any Silvertails tipping comp members that want a double pass to Brookie post your name here. First in best dressed. If I get no replies I will throw it open to the main forum.

Chip and Chase said:

@Roger and @"Utility Player" game up with 8 from 8 AND a margin call 2 off the final 6 point result to the Knights. So once again we have a tied round. I think that's the 3rd one this year.

We had 7 tippers who missed out by one game, led by the ladies @debraceagle and @niccipops. Also @bones, @Bradza, @StuBoot, @"Lyon King" and @"Growler FNQ" came close, but I'm sure the 16 points will come in handy nonetheless.

*globaleagle congrats the two winners and also an extra thumbs up for donating the tickets!

*globaleagle also missed out by one game!

*globaleagle misses out on above mention breaking globaleagle's lil heart.

*globaleagle realises it was the bonus game he missed out on.

*globaleagle will continue to tip with childlike innocence about his chances of winning!

*globaleagle has no chance of winning.

*globaleagle hates people who speak in the third person.

@globaleagle did tip 7 from 8, but the one game @globaleagle got wrong was the bonus game, meaning @globaleagle only scored 14 points, not 16 points like aforementioned tippers. Quite a few others in that subset for the tipping comp Venn diagram, @globaleagle not @RobinsonCrusoe

Maybe I should have worded the above honour roll somewhat differently but I meant that those tippers got 7 from 8 including the bonus game.

@globaleagle needs to toughen up if heart breaks so easily. But in the interest of inclusiveness and group hugs.....well done GE on tipping 7 from 8 this week. Don't give up on the big prize, I think you are a big chance of winning. Anyone above me on the tipping ladder obviously knows their stuff.....or is very lucky ;)

*globaleagle already pointed the bonus game points thingy out in his previous post.

*globaleagle does not expect someone outside the top ten to understand though. winkwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

*globaleagle says :p but is happy for group hugs (move your hand!)

*frankie says relax

(get outta my post frankie)

Chip and Chase said:
Great finish to the weekend with a good solid win for the boys tonight. A full dance card this week with 8 games, so 18 points up for grabs for those with the insight. I suppose most games went to plan, but as always Dan manages to allocate the bonus game to the most mind boggling game of the week. Well mind boggling for me, I can't remember the last bonus game I picked correctly. Anyway two tippers kept a clean slate this week

Well done to Roger and UP, if you pair PM me your name and preferred email contact I will pass onto the club, and they will then contact you regarding your prize.

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

Don't forget to support our partner and check out a Sea Eagles Fan Hub near you. More info in the following link

Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

Keep an eye on the LFS standing as we are down to the final 10 there.

Hi Chip & Chase,
Thanks for the mention but I'll have you know..... 'I'M A LADY I AM!' (quote from My Fair Lady). I just happen to be a big fan of our co-captains, Jamie (Lyon) and Jason (King).....C....how good is my name?
P.S. GO MANLY!!!!!

50% for me..disgraceful.
I think Dans e-mail that you get after the round should be signed off according to your scores. Getting a well done for that effort is not warranted!:blush:

Here's a quick chart that Dan could sign off with...

-None wrong-You deadset champion!
-One wrong- So close,great effort.
-Two wrong- Well Done.
-Three wrong- Don't let it happen again!
-Four wrong-How pissed were you when you submitted your tips.
-Five wrong- Absolutely disgraceful. You are an arse-clown.
-Six wrong- Have you no shame. Give up now.
-Seven wrong-Why do you bother. A retarded budgie
would tip better!
-Eight wrong-Obviously sent the join up fee as a donation to Silvertails...oh hang on..you actually tipped the whole eight wrong! WTF! I'm going to send your joining fee back if you promise to leave now.

Feel free to +/- any alterations! :p

Haha that is an idea for next year, a bonus score for tipping the whole round incorrectly!

Lyon King said:
Hi Chip & Chase,
Thanks for the mention but I'll have you know..... 'I'M A LADY I AM!' (quote from My Fair Lady). I just happen to be a big fan of our co-captains, Jamie (Lyon) and Jason (King).....C....how good is my name?
P.S. GO MANLY!!!!!

My apologies, it's always fraught with danger trying to guess gender from usernames. I commend you on your tipping, well done, in future I'll lump you in with the other ladies rather than the rabble. Your username is a nice play on words. We have a prize up for grabs later in the year that will be right up your alley.

Chip and Chase said:
Lyon King said:
Hi Chip & Chase,
P.S. GO MANLY!!!!!

My apologies, it's always fraught with danger trying to guess gender from usernames. I commend you on your tipping, well done, in future I'll lump you in with the other ladies rather than the rabble. Your username is a nice play on words. We have a prize up for grabs later in the year that will be right up your alley.

Sheesh, no need to be rude!!!!!! You're no Henry Higgins!

ah hahahahahahahahahahahha x 10000

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4