Time to support Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
http://www.surveymk.com/s/brookvale_park_survey_2010

If you want your favourite team to remain at its true home of Brookvale Oval for years to come you need to help the club by completing the on line survey the council is currently conducting.

You can participate even if you dont live in Warringah but it is vitally important that if you are a ratepayer that you take time to complete the survey.  The survey asks where you live (Cromer, Dee Why, Beacon Hill, Narraweena are all suburbs in Warringah  ;) ;) ;) ;)  ).

Strongly supporting the use of the ground as a sporting venue along with a commercial development is a high priority.

Please take 5 mins today to complete the survey, responses close on 20/8.

Thanks Wheel.  My answers are in.  Funnily enough there are no questions about Ultimate Frisbee??

Hopefully this is not just lip service from Council...

Have no idea what ultimate frisbee is but just youtubed it.

Holy ****, i gotta start playing this game.

question 11 (what services could they takeaway)

Less rangers, we have enough of them dolling out tickets for the privilege of people to park, a few less of these wouldn't hurt

I have to give the Council a bit of credit as it is one of the most non-biased surveys that have been set up. Most have a pre-arranged agenda and force you to select options where you object to all of them. Question 11 is a loaded one in this category and should not have appeared, but overall it is good.

Losing the Sea Eagles from Brookvale Oval would be a tragedy for the area. For any child or boy who grew up in the area, the Sea Eagles are part of their identity and brookvale oval part of their past.

Everything and anything should be done to keep them here and make this a premier sporting ground that attracts other sports and events away from other parts of Sydney and keeps the Northern Beaches on the map.

It also can not be forgotten that the Sea Eagles are simply tenants of the oval and not responsible for its upkeep yet have always put money, time and effort to keep them playing there. They should be thanked and anything we can do to keep them there should be done.

Flip link said:
World cup soccer game (in the event we actually get it), likely or unlikely?

Hmmmm. I'd think we'd need to spend at least $50 mil to get Brookie close to FIFA standard!

Did it

Football is an interesting situation - the local club (Manly United) play on a suburban ground in cromer.

There is no reason wy they could not play at brookie

lsz link said:
Did it

Football is an interesting situation - the local club (Manly United) play on a suburban ground in cromer.

I'm sure the rent on Cromer park is a lot less than Brookie. Plus they have their club there.

You'd need an A League standard club to justify playing out of a place as big as Brookie.

That's the problem with having other sports use it. The Rats or Marlins are the only other clubs based in the area that even come close to being big enough to justify playing out of Brookie. I always wondered why the Northern Spirit never moved there. They were a big enough club.

Done the survey. A partnership with some other sports would be a great idea. This survey gives me hope but the Fed still need to come to the party to do something for this ground. It is a disgrace that successive Governments have done nothing!!

Duff link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=184623.msg284118#msg284118 date=1281664181]
Did it

I'm sure the rent on Cromer park is a lot less than Brookie. Plus they have their club there.

You'd need an A League standard club to justify playing out of a place as big as Brookie.

That's the problem with having other sports use it. The Rats or Marlins are the only other clubs based in the area that even come close to being big enough to justify playing out of Brookie. I always wondered why the Northern Spirit never moved there. They were a big enough club.
[/quote]

Maybe Northern Spirit didn't use Brookie because the facilities were crap??

I am pretty sure they did play some games there at some stage (preseason only)

I wounder if it is a field of dreams situation

If you build it they will come

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184623.msg284129#msg284129 date=1281666505]
[quote author=lsz link=topic=184623.msg284118#msg284118 date=1281664181]
Did it

[/quote]

Maybe Northern Spirit didn't use Brookie because the facilities were crap??
[/quote]

Nice one Wheel, but I'm not going to bite.

They played at Rat Park FFS.

Flip link said:
Have no idea what ultimate frisbee is but just youtubed it.

Holy s**t, i gotta start playing this game.

The words "ultimate"and "frisbee" should never be seen together. ::)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6