time to look at 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Desi is not to blame.

injuries were not kind to us this year. It started with 2 international backs sitting on the sideline all year then add perry to the list and looks like glen stewart to be suspended next week. Kite and watmogh will be in doubt

With no new recruits and the side just making the 8. We need to have some answers from Lowe. I understand that we have reached the cap.

I beleive we payed overs to keep David Williams and michael Robinson with exceellent juniors coming through like Hopoate and others.

We have lost players like Matt orford, Bell, Hall, Le'Stange, Beaver, in the last few year and we fitted all those players in the cap and now suddenly we can;t keep even low fridge first graders that are currently playing under 20's.

Someone needs to check their books and check their accounting skills. I know some players have been given an increase but not up to value of over 1million. matt Orford last year was worth 625k as he started on 250 and agreed to be paid that on his last year of his contract.

I also think we need to let bailey go. He is a disaster waiting to happen.

We have to pay for Bailey if we let him go...so what is the point?
Also we are still in the 8 with a young halves combo...which is where most people thought we would be...

This is a good thread fror a couple of weeks time but a bit over the top now

Look at our roster, compare it to any other one in the league, and it is quite clear why we would be near the cap

is that inflated or undervalued ?

I wonder how many teams would want our players now,

Probably Brett, Lyon, Foran, Glenn, Choc, Ballin, Rodney and King. That's 8!!

This is going to have some short term pain but I would be playing younger players. It's just starting to pay off for both the Raiders and Warriors

We will pay the price in the years to come for some rather mystifying (not to all of us though), short term decision making. The club has put all of their eggs into one basket by chasing immediate success (see Galavao/Cross at the expense of Tasi/Hargraeves). They took the risk and have been undone by mass injuries and this strategy has failed. We are old and slow and this was never more evident than today. More of the same next year. And for those that think that B.Stewart will return to his best are deluded.

Ant80 link said:
This is going to have some short term pain but I would be playing younger players. It's just starting to pay off for both the Raiders and Warriors

Farrar, Oldfield, Whare, Hopoate, Foran, Hodkinson, Buhrer, Williams off the top of my head are all 22 or under

Two knee reconstructions and fans expect him to do what he did two years ago. I am a Manly fan but I am also a realist. Bring it on. It is frustrating me as a fan to see some of our decisions over the past few years. And spare me the salary cap rubbish, you can't tell me that JWH and Lama Tasi would have demanded more money than Galavao and Cross...

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=184897.msg288167#msg288167 date=1283065898]

Farrar, Oldfield, Whare, Hopoate, Foran, Hodkinson, Buhrer, Williams off the top of my head are all 22 or under
[/quote]

Problem there is Farrar (possibily off to Catalans) and Hodko (off to the Dogs)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=184897.msg288167#msg288167 date=1283065898]

[/quote]

I would prefer Tasi and Hargraeves were in that list as well, Kiwi

I am sure we all would, but who out of Stewart, Matai, Watmough, Lyon or Foran were you wanting to sacrifice to keep them ?

JWH got offered big money for his ability and experience as well as some added bonuses on top of that, we couldn't compete with it

I know nothing of Tasi's deal though

agree KE, but all backs unfortunately, totally agree that those kids plus Brett, Wolfie and Jamie look great, matai and williams in the pack,

brett, oldfield/hoppa, whare, lyon, wolfie, foran and dce sounds ok.

glenn, choc, rodney, kite, king, ballin. Solid pack but haven't destroyed anyone this year.

Bench needs big shake up, no more bailey, buhrer, cross, gulavou who don't impact.

Need Matai, Tony, Lussick, Seu Seu, Palau, can't be worse than the bench in 2010. Matai is only going to be slower next year but maybe Whare instead of Oldfield. Robbo could struggle

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am sure we all would, but who out of Stewart, Matai, Watmough, Lyon or Foran were you wanting to sacrifice to keep them ?

JWH got offered big money for his ability and experience as well as some added bonuses on top of that, we couldn't compete with it

I know nothing of Tasi's deal though

Kiwi, I would be torn apart on this forum if I answered your question re recruitment honestly

Darren link said:
Moops and Darren- number one for junior development  ;D :D ;)

I gotta have a laugh  ::)

Premiership in three/four years Darren - guarenteed!!! Honestly, I am off now!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4