Time to lay off Brookie Oval - Dean Ritchie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
After a few days of getting hammered, it’s nice to see.

- I think it's time to back off Brookie Oval.

Yes, we are all acutely aware the ground is old, out-dated with a dubious playing surface.

On Saturday, Manly young gun Luke Metcalf did an ACL in the ISP game while an hour later, Roosters champion Brett Morris did an MCL and will be out for between one to three weeks.

But let's deliver some clarity around the argument.

The NRL has approved Brookvale as a playing venue and an independent report - from Australia's leading ground assessors Labosport - also gave Lottoland a flying pass mark.

Work starts soon on a centre of excellence which will include a 3000-seat undercover grandstand at Brookvale.

Manly isn't going anywhere. Brookvale is here to stay.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...moses-bulldogs-bite/nkx9i1u6koci113pr4h58lhes

Yep. Just part of the NRL agenda against us this rubbish. Also great to see Politis come out against tossing a Sydney club and the NRL 360 boys absolutely gave it to the Turd and Pumpkin Head over their lack of transparency and their actual legal right to get rid of clubs anyway. They try it and it’s back to court folks I would think.Uncle Nick might be a rooster and a sombrero provider but he is a traditionalist and will be a pretty powerful figure for the dumb and dumber duo to take on.

This Sharks debacle is looking more and more like a Turd coverup as well. Their own information leaked shows brown paper bag payments straight after 2015 season end. The idea that the previous years and post years were not tainted but 2015 was ok is just absolutely ludicrous.

How does the Turd survive. It is one of the great mysteries of the world. Goat photos are of course the problem here again. We are not the only organisation being dogged by this plague on the game

Last edited:
As the article says, the ground was approved, signed off etc etc etc.

But if the negative press gets the council off its butt to spend that 1.5mill on the surface as reported...then I'm kinda fine with the negative press that happened in a way.

Silver lining?

Now we have that d!ckhead Gallen carrying on about Brookvale............i think the drugs have clouded his judgement!
There may not be an individual in the game I despise more. He has too much to say for a for an individual who would have barely made it through preschool. The sooner this muppet retires and leaves the game the better. Benji also had a dig at the place on 360 but he was more worried about the lack of parking for away teams and having to walk a mile to get to the ground. Quite funny actually.

Yep. Just part of the NRL agenda against us this rubbish. Also great to see Politis come out against tossing a Sydney club and the NRL 360 boys absolutely gave it to the Turd and Pumpkin Head over their lack of transparency and their actual legal right to get rid of clubs anyway. They try it and it’s back to court folks I would think.Uncle Nick might be a rooster and a sombrero provider but he is a traditionalist and will be a pretty powerful figure for the dumb and dumber duo to take on.

This Sharks debacle is looking more and more like a Turd coverup as well. Their own information leaked shows brown paper bag payments straight after 2015 season end. The idea that the previous years and post years were not tainted but 2015 was ok is just absolutely ludicrous.

How does the Turd survive. It is one of the great mysteries of the world. Goat photos are of course the problem here again. We are not the only organisation being dogged by this plague on the game

Whilst there are many probably have evidence of dodgy stuff from his dogs days (eg how many player managers from Parra have been sacked as promised) I am sure he also has evidence on many high up in the game and that is why he is still around.

There may not be an individual in the game I despise more. He has too much to say for a for an individual who would have barely made it through preschool. The sooner this muppet retires and leaves the game the better. Benji also had a dig at the place on 360 but he was more worried about the lack of parking for away teams and having to walk a mile to get to the ground. Quite funny actually.

Has he ever tried to park at Leichardt? You need to park 3 suburbs away

Ever tried to get out after parking at the SFS or homebush? Takes 30 minutes to an hour.

Look the playing surface might pass inspections but we can see what we see. The playing surface is easily dug up and is IMO not of the quality that first grade footy should be played on in this day and age. Letting the public onto the playing surface when its not being used is crazy. The one think that should not be compromised is the playing surface. The fact that the council is no wilting under pressure to spend money on the playing surface confirms in my mind it needs improvement.

The Mayor is also trying to increase rates. Rory Amon just sent this out - wonder where all the money is going? Yum Cha with Harry Trig maybe..?

Mayor Rate Rise Regan is back...

I just wanted to give you a brief update on upcoming Council rate rises.

Last night, I asked your elected Council to prepare the 2019/20 budget with no rate rise - a rate freeze.

Despite Mayor Regan’s amalgamation promises of savings and forecast surpluses of over $100 million, Mayor Rate Rise Regan and his bloc of councillors voted against my rate freeze. Your rates are set to increase $4.5 million next year. This is on top of Mayor Regan’s Rate Rise of $4m last year.

Over the next ten years, your rates are set to increase by 43% or $65 million from pre-amalgamation levels. I will keep fighting for a rate freeze as the budget comes before Council in April, May and June, and will keep you up to date. I will also seek your support by asking you to make a submission against the rate rise shortly.

Now we have that d!ckhead Gallen carrying on about Brookvale............i think the drugs have clouded his judgement!
Vaguely irrational theory:

Possibly doing his bit for the ‘them (Manly) before us (Cronulla) argument’.

More rational theory:

Either that or he sincerely hopes we have a vastly improved Brookvale Oval in a few years time.

Amusing the other 2 clubs mentioned in the whole relocation, , cash troubled, first to go from Sydney turd and pumpkin head nrl agenda have an opinion on Brookie?
“There ground is s&@t that why they should go first than us” . Nice try boys following your clubs propaganda to hang Cwap on others.

Good luck boys on the weekend looking for a great improvement and win and a first half tries!!

if they decide to dig up the turf to replace it i will be happy to drive my ute down to remove some of it.
i would love to have 'brookie turf' in my front yard
Not many grounds would have stood up as well as Brookie after three matches, plus warms-ups, prancing referees - one of my pet hates; how did refs ever do their job pre-on field warm ups? - plus a downpour of Biblical proportions. Most other grounds would have become a bog.

Seems only yesterday the NRL and the RL media were spinning that the days of the old suburban grounds were over. Brookvale, Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Shark Park and Kogarah, Now there's only ground getting mentioned. Though not one thing has been done to Lecihhardt Oval its use is actually increasing under the NRL. Today it was announced that in June the ground will be used for Fiji vs Lebanon and Samoa vs PNG.

Seems only yesterday the NRL and the RL media were spinning that the days of the old suburban grounds were over. Brookvale, Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Shark Park and Kogarah, Now there's only ground getting mentioned. Though not one thing has been done to Lecihhardt Oval its use is actually increasing under the NRL. Today it was announced that in June the ground will be used for Fiji vs Lebanon and Samoa vs PNG.

I don’t believe there is any random public access to Leichhardt oval. So only gets used by teams playing sports there. I guess that might make it easier to maintain

I don’t believe there is any random public access to Leichhardt oval. So only gets used by teams playing sports there. I guess that might make it easier to maintain

The council let the public on the Manly ground while....

Todd keeps Manly off the Manly ground for finals.

Not many grounds would have stood up as well as Brookie after three matches, plus warms-ups, prancing referees - one of my pet hates; how did refs ever do their job pre-on field warm ups? - plus a downpour of Biblical proportions. Most other grounds would have become a bog.
They would warm up wherever they could, a few stretches here, a few squats there, and there you have it, nowadays they have some misguided belief that they are elite athletes as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4