Thurston in talks with Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Fox sports just said that JT was seen in secret talks with De$. It makes sence because they are both ..... in my book. FMD do the dogs think they can just buy everyone and not be effected by the cap. Maybe JT was just recommending Coffs Harbour as a great place to visit.

RE: Thirsting in talks with Hasler

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl/des-hasler-has-lured-johnathan-thurston-back-to-belmore-in-after-dark-bid-for-the-north-queensland-superstar/story-fndujljl-1226521592761

Cannot believe this.

He's a free agent after next season. They must be looking to offload a lot of players to cover his contract. No wonder they want to keep this quiet, not great for morale next year.

Take it easy fellas, No crime in visiting his former club, Probably a simple case of Ayoub pushing up his worth.

No point crying foul over the cap when he is not off contract until the end of next year so who knows what players are going to come and go in that time.

Question is why do the media feel the need to camp outside Belmore at 9pm on a Wednesday night, I can certainly say I have other places I would rather be.

Anyway good to see Des still at work.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Guzzler said:
Question is why do the media feel the need to camp outside Belmore at 9pm on a Wednesday night, I can certainly say I have other places I would rather be.
Looking to cover the next major story I guess.

Seems it is always good for a story - this year alone there was the mad Monday atrocities, and we can't forget that a man wanted for murder was found at a bulldogs training session. ;)

voicefromthehill said:
Guzzler said:

mad Monday atrocities

Surely you jest

Good to see Hasler embracing his new challenge at the Dogs, trying to buy a comp. Thurston will be at the end of his career, his best days behind him by the end of next season. No way is he worth 1 mil a year IMO.

Doesn't really phase me. It may have last season, but I'm more excited about our players weve picked up for next season !

I hope they do waste another million on Thurston. It will be another failure like T Fake will be. Love the photo in the News.com with Hasler skulking away in the background and Greenslime whineing that it got in the press. What a bunch of slime that club is. Hasler built a team at manly but over there they are just trying to buy success and it wont work. Watch those gutter slime get hammered next year it will be so funny to watch. Can't wait for the day when the success hasn't come and they all start barking for Ha$ler and Greenslimes heads.

mickqld said:
I hope they do waste another million on Thurston. It will be another failure like T Fake will be. Love the photo in the News.com with Hasler skulking away in the background and Greenslime whineing that it got in the press. What a bunch of slime that club is. Hasler built a team at manly but over there they are just trying to buy success and it wont work. Watch those gutter slime get hammered next year it will be so funny to watch. Can't wait for the day when the success hasn't come and they all start barking for Ha$ler and Greenslimes heads.

Haha

mickqld said:

Classic. Gotta say though and this has been raised by me and others surely, surely we have to get over the Des stories. He is gone. Gone.

Have to agree Baz - time to forget what happened and move on - what he does over there is their problem. I am sick of hearing about it -I prefer to remember Des in his playing days and living the dream of 2008.

The Dogs are only taking one player on board this year: T REx. They let about 7 or 8 players go.

Can't see them being any better than they were last year with the roster they have.

Who cares about JT or De$ler. We have Foz and Cherry with Joey as their coach. Go Manly!

Any team that wants to see how to handle Thurston (and Bowen and co) need look no further than

10 September 2011, Manly 42 vs Nth Qld 6
4 August 2012, Manly 8 vs Nth Qld 6
14 September 2012 Manly 22 vs Nth Qld 12

They are a pop gun attack that are wrapped up as the best in the NRL.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lol bet they are gonna tug em selves off at the flea kennel

They can make a 'Johnathan Thurston Possible Signing Superthread'. Like the one they had for Kieran Foran.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8