Throthfield again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
Another Zorba loaded story for his family.
Its good to see that Scott has an interest in the district club other than how they vote or what to do with there shares. And of coarse zorba will bring in Arko to give Penn credibility as he has none on his own.
They think if they sweet talk Arko they may get control of the club.
Choc and Kingy were always getting life members ship as they are part of the 200 club.
Good P R for the Penns Zorba. Buzz must wait for your call every week for crap to fill his colum.

lovefooty, please put the link up as most of us haven't got a clue what you are going on about. I went to the Tele site and found the piece:

Choc, King join Eagles legends

IN a refreshing show of leadership at the Manly Sea Eagles, chairman Scott Penn has combined with the Godfather Ken Arthurson to nominate current stars Jason King and Anthony Watmough for life membership this season.

Penn contacted Arthurson during a visit to the Gold Coast last week and asked the former club supremo to nominate both players for life membership.

"Every player in the history of the club who has played in 200 first-grade games, starting with former fullback Bob Batty in 1973, has been granted life membership of the District Football Club and it is only right that Kingy and Choc (Watmough) take their place in the elite 200-plus life member club," Penn said.

Arthurson said it was an honour to nominate the two local juniors.

"Both have been loyal one-club players and this is a great initiative by the chairman to have them recognised while they are still playing," Arthurson said.

Arthurson will ask 1978 premiership captain Max Krilich to second his nomination of both players.

Krilich, like King (Belrose Eagles) and Watmough (Narrabeen Sharks), is a local junior. The Manly 200 life member club is: Bob Batty, Fred Jones, Bob Fulton,

Max Krilich, Terry Randall, Alan Thompson, Paul Vautin, Cliff Lyons, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey and Steve Menzies.

If that reporting is accurate on players hitting 200 hundred games = life membership, then why hasn't Owen Cunningham been awarded life membership? He made 209 FG premiership appearances for the Sea Eagles.

Could someone like MB or Vidmar please provide some enlightenment?

Thanks in advance.

Phantar said:
Could someone like MB or Vidmar please provide some enlightenment?

Thanks in advance.

I hope you mean Matty Ballin as I have no idea. I'd put up OJ for a nomination for sure.

HappilyManly said:
OJ gets my vote. A more honest worker you will not find :angel:

Owen was made a life member 5 years ago.
PS
I wasn't able to put the link up M B. I need Ronda (wife) to help me as I don't know how. Sorry for the confusion.

lovefooty said:
I wasn't able to put the link up M B. I need Ronda (wife) to help me as I don't know how. Sorry for the confusion.

Help me, Ronda, help, help me, Ronda
Help me, Ronda, help, help me, Ronda,
Help me, Ronda, help
Get the link on the page

(Couldn't resist)

Kite is at 184 games for Manly, King is only at 186 so they must be counting Northern Eagles games also as that takes him to 208

Lovefooty I think your off the mark this time.
I read it and thought it was about time buzzard head produced a positive story about the club.

lovefooty said:
HappilyManly said:
OJ gets my vote. A more honest worker you will not find :angel:

Owen was made a life member 5 years ago.
PS

Thanks lovefooty, I was hoping that was an inaccurate report.

What is the problem with the article Lovefooty? I must be missing something as I see nothing to be paranoid about regarding Zorba or Penn.

Garts said:
What is the problem with the article Lovefooty? I must be missing something as I see nothing to be paranoid about regarding Zorba or Penn.

I thought the same. Nothing but positivity in this article.

Cameron said:
I read it and thought it was about time buzzard head produced a positive story about the club.

I think his problem is that it has positive things to say about Penn. He seems to me to have an agenda against him for some reason. Maybe you could inform us as to why lovefooty?

Central Coast Eagle said:
Cameron said:

I think his problem is that it has positive things to say about Penn. He seems to me to have an agenda against him for some reason. Maybe you could inform us as to why lovefooty?

My problem is that Penn have been against the D F C and the people in it for a while now. The 2 players will be life members of the D F C. Is he a member ? and why would he ring arko and the press about it and not go through the clubs media person. I was told Perry new nothing about it.
Its just a leg up by zorba for his relo. Throthfield has been writing anty manly stuff and anti D F C stuff for weeks. He has been giving it to the D F C at zorbas request. He will write any thing zorba tells him.

Who is running the Media

Congrats to King and Choc. Well deserved. It's a shame some see political machinations behind what is so obviously a strait-forward act of goodwill to two deserving players.

lsz said:
You are not a glass half full guy are you love footy

OK I will let it go . I will wait and see what this grub of a journo writes next week. I will say no more on the matter.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4