This weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jwaa

Ben Farrar
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Kieran Foran
Tony Williams
Chris Bailey
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Interchange from: Joe Galuvao, Brent Kite, Matt Cross, Terence Seu Seu, Jamie Buhrer

Discuss

Surely this is just a bit of smoke and mirrors by Des.
I really doubt he would break up the combo of Foran and Hodkinson. My guess is Whare or Hoppa will come in at the last minute.

Have to remember that this is how Des put Foran in 1st grade last year, just to ease the pressure on a debutant.

Then again this could be wishful thinking.

You would hope so, but after last weeks game im not so sure.

I think that Bailey would do a fine job at centre, hes just a long way away from being a decent 5/8th. I dont understand the rationale of having world class centres at the expense of your halves. Last week Des showed he thinks otherwise

Pepi link said:
Surely this is just a bit of smoke and mirrors by Des.
I really doubt he would break up the combo of Foran and Hodkinson. My guess is Whare or Hoppa will come in at the last minute.

Have to remember that this is how Des put Foran in 1st grade last year, just to ease the pressure on a debutant.

Then again this could be wishful thinking.

Bailey and Foran to switch hopefully but i can see why Des would have Foran at centre as he's more of an attacker whereas Bailey does, well...

Seu Seu to drop if Ballin pulls up fine.  

If the origin guys have no injuries then it'll be another 16 man jobwith Buhrer coming on only for an injury like he did when Matai went off.

Wonder when Rose is due back, but we still need a utility on the bench which is pretty much Bailey.

Hopefully the Blues smash Thurston's shoulder to pieces and Mason and Webb have a biff in the car park before the game

Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Referees: Jason Robinson and Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Daniel Eastwood and Adam Gee
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

I wouldn't mind Seu Seu on the bench this time as even superman Ballin might struggle to play 80 minutes twice in a couple of days. 

Better than having Buhrer there just getting splinters. 

Des may just take his own 'wft team selection' crown by putting Foran in center.

Ive seen him pull out some doozies over the last few years but this one would well and truly take the cake.

They are only numbers on backs of jumpers so don't get all excited about who is wearing 3, 4, 6 and 7. There's enough experience and skill between Killer, Foran and Bailey to share the load and get something happening. I doubt Des will rely on Bailey to drive the attack if we have Lyon and Foran fit and ready to go.

Re Bailey at five eighth.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

My old man is gunna  have a fit. You could have school kids playing centre and wing with Foran at 5/8 and it would still work but Bailey?

Bailey wont play at 5/8th if Foran is fit & if Foran runs out wearing 3 he'll be fit. Easy stuff.

No point having a fit about something that wont happen.

Move Bailey to Cessnock....only then will he fulfill his duties befitting of his playing ability - somewhere in the coal mines.

Bailey will defend at 5/8 and play in the centre. Foran will do the opposite. Parra got the field position to score their winning try as Bailey was slow to come across and defend in Matai's spot (whilst he was off injured). Inu got through, made a long bust and gave them the field position for Robson's try. A few other times Bailey just made the tackle. Foran would have cleaned up quickly, as his line speed is better and he will handle backs with footwork more effectively in defence.

Ryan link said:
Move Bailey to Cessnock....only then will he fulfill his duties befitting of his playing ability - somewhere in the coal mines.
hahahaha gold

We can only hope.

He left the NSW 5/8 out in the Centres last week, we cant rule out him doing the same for NZ's Halfback this week.

I dont understand leaving Bailey in the middle for defence, then switching for attack, Foran is the better defender of the two. Maybe hes a little more injured than we were led to believe...

I guess we will find out on the day, Im just frustrated with Des's persistence with Bailey as a playmaker, ****, Seu Seu would do a better job

Chip & Chase link said:
They are only numbers on backs of jumpers so don't get all excited about who is wearing 3, 4, 6 and 7. There's enough experience and skill between Killer, Foran and Bailey to share the load and get something happening. I doubt Des will rely on Bailey to drive the attack if we have Lyon and Foran fit and ready to go.

jwaa link said:
We can only hope.

He left the NSW 5/8 out in the Centres last week, we cant rule out him doing the same for NZ's Halfback this week.

I dont understand leaving Bailey in the middle for defence, then switching for attack, Foran is the better defender of the two. Maybe hes a little more injured than we were led to believe...

I guess we will find out on the day, Im just frustrated with Des's persistence with Bailey as a playmaker, S**t, Seu Seu would do a better job

[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183391.msg263364#msg263364 date=1274779228]
[/quote]

I think naming Lyon at 5/8 for NSW is more a product of bad selections and poor coaching choices by Bellamy rather than Lyon being the best NSW 5/8 going.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6