This weekend.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Im hoping this weekends game is different in many ways.

- Our Attitude, our attitude in the second half against the tigers was very much of a let down, possesion was down but we werent ruthless. Something thats been lacking the last few weeks, we need to be ruthless.

- Speed, Tigers beaut us in that department and proved that with our condensed defence line that if made tired to punish the blindsides, short turn around from the panthers game didnt help and i expect the boys to fire this weekend.

- Forwards, our forwards made a pledge to give it their all, they didnt show that on friday night, hopefully we can get over that advantage line and push forward.

I never thought id say this with Hoppa in the team, but honestly we miss wolfman and his speed. Hoppa is a great centre, but he is not a winger.

I hope to expect that the team could possibly look like this for the roosters game.

01.Stewart
02.Robertson
03.Matai
04.Lyon
05.Hopoate
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.King
09.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Galuvou
13.Stewart

14.Buhrer
15.Robinson
16.Rose
17.Rodney

And for me its not doom and gloom, and we should get the roosters, ill be pretty pissed off if we dont !

Hopefully it has the same effect as the roosters game had in round 2... Our form from that game went sky high!

I've been a T-Rex basher in the past, but now see his value (when played in the forward pack). In my opinion, it took him a couple of weeks to find his feet there, so why would he not need a couple of weeks to regain that form? I'd prefer to see him play in reserves for a week or so, and then bring him in when he is totally match fit and ready for NRL.

Kite had a month off and came straight back in. No reason T Rex can't do the same, especially with the interchange.

It's very hard to maintain the intensity week-in week-out. Illawarra have found this. We'll win well this weekend, and last week's narrow loss thanks largely to a missed forward pass will be forgotten.

watmough and hoppa seemed to be nursing their way back in to the game - that's two weeks back now for hoppa, and he looks a little less dynamic than he was before the injury. Hope he is 100% this week.

I'm just curious as to what injury Robbo has! late withdrawals last two games and can't find any info about the injury..

manlyforever08 said:
I'm just curious as to what injury Robbo has! late withdrawals last two games and can't find any info about the injury..

All part of flying under the radar.

manlyforever08 said:

I think they said it was concussion

I hope so it does seem really odd. Robbo is listed then doesnt play.... I hope it is just flying under the radar. We need Robbo he is so under rated. He is a great asset for us he is always where he should be right on the spot to plant that ball down for a try. Very reliable. He deserves much more praise than he gets.

bones said:
Kite had a month off and came straight back in. No reason T Rex can't do the same, especially with the interchange.

Kite has been playing Rugby League, at the highest level, for years (as a forward). Tony Williams has had a few seasons, with the majority of his experience on the wing. Still don't think there's any difference?

I know we have had differeing opinions re: T-Rex in the past, but surely you see a difference between a veteran and a (relative) rookie?

Injury update just came up on the site:

The Sea Eagles have suffered only a few minor injuries after their loss to the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

Joe Galuvao has suffered a facial injury but will be right to face up against the Roosters on Sunday.

Vic Mauro has a severely corked thigh and is in doubt for Round 22.

Tony 'T-Rex' could be making his return this, pending fitness tests.

Michael Robertson will be having tests tomorrow to assess his injury.

T Rex has to come onto the bench if he's fit...the problem is who does he replace? Our bench at full strength should be Buhrer, Rose, T Rex and Rodney

codewana said:
bones said:

Kite has been playing Rugby League, at the highest level, for years (as a forward). Tony Williams has had a few seasons, with the majority of his experience on the wing. Still don't think there's any difference?

I know we have had differeing opinions re: T-Rex in the past, but surely you see a difference between a veteran and a (relative) rookie?

Yeah I do think there is a difference. I actually think it would be easier for a 21 year old than it would
be for a 31 year old to come straight back in after a month off. Just my opinion though. We can agree to disagree.

I saw Robbo at the Mall on Saturday morning. He looked ok, no crutches or bandaged arm or neck brace, so hopefully he'll be good to go!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4