This penalty MUST be outlawed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Look I get player safety and a game parent's feel safe their kids are part of.
But this part when a bloke with the ball is falling and 1 foot off the ground and slides into a leg or even a defender trying to dip and make a tackle and gets penalised is ridiculous
I mean it must have been invented by some decta who has never played the game...
Personally feel the game has gone soft enough, but these tackles inches off the ground ruled high could be the worst of all time.

Protecting players from all head injuries is sacrosanct in the NRL logic bubble. Accidents must be punished. :banghead:

I saw a Roosters player get hit in the head by a football last night from a Knights 5th tackle kick. Given a concussion test. Surprised this reckless kick from the Knights player was not called up. Should have been on report and 10 minutes in the bin.

No doubt the NRL will now review this and from next week this will lead to an automatic send off.

Look I get player safety and a game parent's feel safe their kids are part of.
But this part when a bloke with the ball is falling and 1 foot off the ground and slides into a leg or even a defender trying to dip and make a tackle and gets penalised is ridiculous
I mean it must have been invented by some decta who has never played the game...
Personally feel the game has gone soft enough, but these tackles inches off the ground ruled high could be the worst of all time.

The NRL have lost the plot. They need real football experience people making decisions and setting the rules. The NRL bunker and the two disallowed obstruction tries last night were bizarre, moreso as the first question should have been "Has anyone here actually been obstructed? NO. Then the rest of the review and their silly guidelines don;t matter. Its a TRY FFS".

The NRL have lost the plot. They need real football experience people making decisions and setting the rules. The NRL bunker and the two disallowed obstruction tries last night were bizarre, moreso as the first question should have been "Has anyone here actually been obstructed? NO. Then the rest of the review and their silly guidelines don;t matter. Its a TRY FFS".
The Bunker makes as many poor decisions as it makes correct ones. But now they are emmeshed in Bubble wrap their views on incidents are further obscured.

Yeh that was a sad call
No one was impeded at all....common sense is out the window....
Imagine that decision deciding a GF and it was Manly ...think I'd have a smashed TV and maybe find a new sport

I hate the idiotic mid season crackdowns that last about a month.
Last night Olam took a slap across the chops while diving in to score a try.

5 weeks ago it would have been a penalty Try, send off and 4 weeks on the sidelines... Now it's not even a penalty.
Just think of how different certain results would be if the rules were still being enforced like the were a month ago .. makes a mockery of the season

A lot of it should be common sense but unfortunately everyone’s common sense is different
A hit to the head when a player is falling low to ground should not be a penalty it’s usually accidental , play should stop check the player then play on , But like every thing in the game all referees have a different interpretation and a varying of common sense

An accidental offside is still a penalty (or scrum). So why not an accidental high tackle?

An accidental offside is still a penalty (or scrum). So why not an accidental high tackle?
Good point , accidental offside the player cannot avoid being touched by the ball or by a team-mate who is carrying the ball. With accidentally hitting a player high when falling the tackler is committed unaware the player might fall , 2 different scenarios

Api sliding knees first into the opposition fullback (coming out if the ingoal area) last week didn't even rate a penalty.

As always, consistency is the biggest handbrake to anything the NRL try and do.

Spot on @ Brissie Kid.
Did anyone see in our game yesterday, we kicked off after one the Tigers 2nd half tries.
Tigers shifted left, Laurie like a carbon copy of Turbo’s break v Bulldogs (Burbo’s no try) swerved around one of his players but was okay apparently.
So because it didn’t lead to a try it didn’t get a second look.
Neither were obstructions in my opinion.

Spot on @ Brissie Kid.
Did anyone see in our game yesterday, we kicked off after one the Tigers 2nd half tries.
Tigers shifted left, Laurie like a carbon copy of Turbo’s break v Bulldogs (Burbo’s no try) swerved around one of his players but was okay apparently.
So because it didn’t lead to a try it didn’t get a second look.
Neither were obstructions in my opinion.
You nailed it. So long as you don't score a try, its all ok. Their dumb logic means any winger or fullback who takes a catch, should just stand still and get tackled or risk getting penalised for an obstruction. This won't end until 3 wise footballing heads are put in charge of the referees and rules.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7