This is turning into something special

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
i remember growing up in the 80s when we were the silvertails we'd buy heaps of players so we had alot of rep players in our squad. We'd be on fire until about july and then we would fade make the bottom half of the top 5 then crash and burn in the finals.

But reading about Perry and Kiingy getting blue jumpers rmade me think this is probably our biggest representation in rep sides since then, look at the last 12 months

Test Players (aus and Nz)
Matai
B Stewart
G Stewart
Watmough
Kite
Williams

Origin
B Stewart (08)
G stewart
Watmough
Kite
Lyon
Williams
then if the tele is correct
King
Perry

Thats a massive contribution to rep teams and a reflection of the great job Des has done since he took over as  coach

Didn't we have 7 players in the NSW squad in the 90's plus a few in QLD?

There was a time in the 90's when basically the majority of the team were rep players.

But this is a huge contribution but you would expect that after winning a grand final

Cliffy Gc link said:
i remember growing up in the 80s when we were the silvertails we'd buy heaps of players so we had alot of rep players in our squad. We'd be on fire until about july and then we would fade make the bottom half of the top 5 then crash and burn in the finals.

But reading about Perry and Kiingy getting blue jumpers rmade me think this is probably our biggest representation in rep sides since then, look at the last 12 months

Thats a massive contribution to rep teams and a reflection of the great job Des has done since he took over as  coach

Dessie is a dead set legend. Was special as a player and even more special as a coach. He reads the game well and can bring the best out of individuals. The best thing about him is how quietly spoken he is and doesn’t make a song and dance about issue’s like Gould or Ricky Stuart.

Cliffy Gc link said:

I got half a woody reading the paper yesterday morning when they mentoned that Kingy was in line for a NSW spot.

He has to be better than Brett "I am the softest prop in the comp now that ben ross is out" White, Tom "one buggered just hauling my huge arse around" Leoroyd-Lars and Luke "I am so old I can't run anymore" Bailey.   

Bring on the raging mongeral to save NSW. 

kingyfan link said:
Tom \"one buggered just hauling my huge arse around\" Leoroyd-Lars   

I agree with the other two but Learoyd Lahrs has been going good and will probably get picked in SOO 3 if he doesn't get suspended. Don't know which games you were watching but this bloke runs the ball hard, he's big and can break the line. Plenty of mongrel in him too.

he wont get suspended.  That was a pussy call from a dickheaded second grade ref. 

swoop link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180963.msg230889#msg230889 date=1246839408]

I agree with the other two but Learoyd Lahrs has been going good and will probably get picked in SOO 3 if he doesn't get suspended. Don't know which games you were watching but this bloke runs the ball hard, he's big and can break the line. Plenty of mongrel in him too.
[/quote]

I watched him closely when we played the raiders recently and he didn't do anything special.  I thought that our forwards played all over him and the raiders pack and that Kingy and Perry were much better players on the day than TLL.

TLL looks big and slow and ponderous and he didn't show any agression against our pack.  

Jatz Crackers link said:

I got half a woody reading the paper yesterday morning when they mentoned that Kingy was in line for a NSW spot.

Only half a ?

Soft performance kingy !
[/quote]
AMI???
Vigara
mate :)
you will be right in no time

DSM5 link said:
he wont get suspended.  That was a pussy call from a dickheaded second grade ref. 

agreed. I thought the "senior" ref handled it well.

Put it on report and said basically, you'll be right when they look at it.

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180963.msg230893#msg230893 date=1246839911]

[/quote]

I watched him closely when we played the raiders recently and he didn't do anything special.  I thought that our forwards played all over him and the raiders pack and that Kingy and Perry were much better players on the day than TLL.

TLL looks big and slow and ponderous and he didn't show any agression against our pack. 
[/quote]

The whole raiders team had shockers against us but since then I've watched a few canberra games and TLL has been a standout. He runs with purpose and it takes a few tacklers to stop him, he can offload, he's big and strong, good defender and he's not as slow as you think.

He'd be in my squad.

Choch and TLL together would be a pretty solid combo

Dan link said:

I think they'd be awesome together, the only problem is that I'm pretty sure they both run on the fringe of the ruck on left side of the field.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180963.msg230932#msg230932 date=1246853758]

I think they'd be awesome together, the only problem is that I'm pretty sure they both run on the fringe of the ruck on left side of the field.
[/quote]

Rotate them from the bench

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8