THEY were so good they ''owned the comp''

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Choc full of praise: Watmough says dynamic halves duo will get better

Glenn Jackson February 27, 2012

The two of us … Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans. Photo: Janie Barrett

THEY were so good they ''owned the comp'' last season, but Manly's young halves will get even better this year, according to back-rower Anthony Watmough.

Watmough said he had noticed significant improvements in the training paddock form of halfback Daly Cherry-Evans and five-eighth Kieran Foran.

''Since I've been back, I've noticed the difference in them ten-fold,'' Watmough said. ''The way they are moving us around the training paddock, moving us here, moving us there. As soon as they get a bit of match fitness, it'll be pretty special.''

Advertisement
The form of Cherry-Evans and Foran was one of the catalysts for Manly's premiership success last year. Both players were subsequently rewarded with selection on the Four Nations tour, and in Cherry-Evans's case, a first Test cap.

Watmough, who could view from close range how his fellow Kangaroo was improving as a result of his representative selection, was in no doubt that the halfback would not be suffering any second-year syndrome, the much-debated curse of a rookie.

''He'll definitely improve,'' Watmough said. ''He's definitely more dominant. He gets the ball even when he doesn't really want the ball, because he's just boisterous. That's what you want. You want someone to take charge. It's going to be good seeing them taking charge of their sides of the field, telling us guys in the middle where they want us.''

Hard to imagine DCE telling the backs (and forwards) where to go!
He's such a quiet well-mannered kid.

But good on him and hope he continues to improve.

"Since I've been back, I've noticed the difference in them ten-fold, Watmough said"..... If they're ten times better than they were before I guess the rest of the team is superfluous.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2