There needs to an investigation!!!!!!!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Either way it's complaining about the officiating that copped Tooves the fine, so what's the difference
I get the bloke Robinson called out got cited so gives him room in the "you were right mate" sector, but they did actually come out and say Manly were dudded also, yet Tooves and Manly copped the fine ???

Either way it's complaining about the officiating that copped Tooves the fine, so what's the difference
I get the bloke Robinson called out got cited so gives him room in the "you were right mate" sector, but they did actually come out and say Manly were dudded also, yet Tooves and Manly copped the fine ?
Look who was running the show back then. Todd (the Penns have dirt on me re: Des, so I will f-ck Manly over because let’s face it, I am a c-nt) Greenberg.

FWIW (apparently quite a lot!) Tooves was quite animated, Robinson a bit more reserved.
I reckon Tooves wasn't too rude at all, we was robbed...... he just wanted an investigation - "There's gotta be"....he was very direct, which I prefer to ppl hiding their anger behind a cryptic , soft Mr Nice guy Mask.
Neither swore or lost direction of their point of view, but I am that bloke who respects the direct approach and in actual fact, I was really proud of how Tooves handled himself that night....pretty unlucky to cop any fine and deserves congratulations imo.

Last edited:
I dunno, I see a big difference between the two. By calling for an "investigation", Toovey was (at least) implicitly questioning the integrity of the officials. Robinson was questioning the competency of the officials and calling out the hypocrisy of the NRL over player safety.

I dunno, I see a big difference between the two. By calling for an "investigation", Toovey was (at least) implicitly questioning the integrity of the officials. Robinson was questioning the competency of the officials and calling out the hypocrisy of the NRL over player safety.
It's in or out...
Black or white...
Either your allowed to question refs and or officials, or your not....saying things more directly, or in a roundabout way, the fact is in both cases, both these coaches were deemed correct with their queries, yet only 1 fined, so I don't buy it....and in actual fact seen worse sprays than Tooveys go through to the keeper.

It's in or out...
Black or white...
Either your allowed to question refs and or officials, or your not....saying things more directly, or in a roundabout way, the fact is in both cases, both these coaches were deemed correct with their queries, yet only 1 fined, so I don't buy it....and in actual fact seen worse sprays than Tooveys go through to the keeper.
If we are talking about equality of treatment between Toovey and other examples that went through to the keeper (apart from Robinson), I agree he wasn't treated consistently. The same thing happened to The Coach Who Shall Not Be Named a few years ago too. From memory, a coach the week before said something pretty inflammatory about refs which resulted in negative PR for the NRL, then TCWSNBN said the refs were cr@p and got double the fine they normally dish out.

When it comes to judgements and punishments in the NRL though, everything is pretty arbitrary. But I personally thought Robinson navigated the 'line' well. He focused on specific incidents that were objectively sh!te and made it clear he didn't blame the refs for the loss. It also helped that he had a player in hospital with a punctured lung, with the further context of the NRL saying that they will be tough on foul play (which clearly they didn't do), to back up his point of view.

I may be on my own, but in my mind there are enough differences between Tooves' statements and Robbo's statements to justify the different treatment. (And that is without needing to delve into the Greenberg bias, which was real, as alluded to above by others.)

Seriously, the NRL / ARL can't go 2 games without inconsistency. It will never go ago. What I really hate is the comments 'well it didn't make a difference to the result of the game'

look at Roosters game both should have got 10 in the bin, player hit would have been a free replacement with 18th man.... 11 versus 13 Roosters would have put on at least 12 points.

in the current game momentum is king, except in the officials eyes, maybe we need Spec savers to sponsor them

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8