There is light on the horizon.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With all the negativity from most of us lately about the lackluster displays I've just watched the round 2 game v the roosters.

While we were somewhat lucky in that game the difference in the side with a full spine on the park shows that our team isn't washed up. The halves were good. The forwards dynamic. Jake was ball playing all over the place with his brother in support.

Yes at the moment we are in a rut but the side really isn't as bad as so many say.

Lets do a bozo and look for the positives for once.

With all the negativity from most of us lately about the lackluster displays I've just watched the round 2 game v the roosters.

While we were somewhat lucky in that game the difference in the side with a full spine on the park shows that our team isn't washed up. The halves were good. The forwards dynamic. Jake was ball playing all over the place with his brother in support.

Yes at the moment we are in a rut but the side really isn't as bad as so many say.

I think the loss of Tom has no greater impact on any player than that of his brother. Jake is at his best working with his brother through the middle of the field.

As frustrating as it is, and as much as we don’t want to use injuries as an excuse, our injury list is one that was always going to cause havoc.

I mean you never want to use injuries as an excuse but we definitely could be more forgiving.

At the end of the Warriors game we were missing

Trbojevic, Parker, Walker, Sirronen, Thompson, Fonua-Blake, Taupau and Fainu.

That is 8 of what many would say is our starting 13

Leaving us

2.Garrick
3.Suli
5.Taufua
7.DCE
13.Trbojevic

And yes I agree with most that Taufua is probably no longer in our top 13, but to illustrate the point

I mean you never want to use injuries as an excuse but we definitely could be more forgiving.

At the end of the Warriors game we were missing

Trbojevic, Parker, Walker, Sirronen, Thompson, Fonua-Blake, Taupau and Fainu.

That is 8 of what many would say is our starting 13

Leaving us

2.Garrick
3.Suli
5.Taufua
7.DCE
13.Trbojevic

And yes I agree with most that Taufua is probably no longer in our top 13, but to illustrate the point

When you put it this way, it makes a little more sense as to why Des picks Taufua. Right now we need as much experience in the side. You take out Taufua and that whole left edge is rookies.

Also he's our top tryscorer.

i see us getting done by knights this weekend but the souths game i expect afb turbo to make early returns from injury and we upset the bunnies.

knights souths tigers game will decide our season

Tom makes a huge difference but there is one other massive difference aside from injuries to round two

The real difference is the new rules were NOT in operation.

Its a new game totally. Our lack of pace has been found out ever since and you can’t teach pace. You can only replace slow ordinary players with faster and hopefully better ones.

Even at full strength Dessies preferred three quarter line ( which has played most games this year ) under the new rules is the slowest and I’d argue close to the worst in the competition.

Only a new direction changes that.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if Tommy is named on an extended bench this week.
As good as that will be it Is a double edged sword.
It will mean that the reserve graders in our backline will be given another reprieve.The myth that Tom solves everything will reign supreme again and the young talent will resume their ball boy duties when they should in fact be playing and learning from one of the best.

Last edited:
Still would maintain that Garrick and Suli are not that slow[ and have some genuine pace ] and in terms of rating , Garrick was an end of season 2019 rep [ invitation or whatever ] Suli was of course in some sort of demand before he re signed this season . Both are still playing at a quite reasonable level , just being starved of some decent ball and opportunities . New direction could also hopefully include playing some more expansive footy and giving these two players in particular more attacking chances.

I m fine with Suli. Just needs more ball. I was more talking about the three quarter line as a unit. Just doesn’t cut it in the modern game.

Do a BOZO!!! .... as someone here has said many times there is oly one immortal Bozo ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7