The Top 8 (as picked by Phil Rothfield)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Now firstly I don't like or trust most journo's.....and now I don't beleive many of them (although I would be rapt if his prediction today came true)

Here's his top 8 from todays "Blog"

So without further delay, here is my top eight and the points they will finish on.
Dragons 42
Manly 34
Parra 34
Panthers 32
Tigers 32
Broncos 32
Warriors 30
Roosters 28
I’ve got the Titans and Souths finishing one game out on 26.

Phil Rothfield
Tue 20 Jul 10 (11:29am)

It's Phil Rothfield.

Obviously if we're good enough to be up 36-0 against the Sharks, we're unstoppable.

He still giving the Sharks a rap, just in a roundabout way.

I'd like to see his reasoning before I'd get to excited .  Don't forget, he's an idiot.

Yeah a little surprised he had us 2nd. I'd be over the moon with a top 4 spot.  But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. Remember, we're still flying under the radar...

I'm surprised Phil couldn't squeeze the Sharks into 8th spot. Especially now they havea new coach they may finish with a flurry. I think second for us is a bit ambitious, he is obviously thinking we will win 6 out of our last 7 probably only dropping a agme to the Dragons. I don't share his optimism as I think Tigers, Warriors and Roosters will be tough, and I suspect that the Storm will lift against us as well given the rivalry we have developed over the last few years.

I also see he thinks that the Eels will win 7 out of 7 on the run home !!

Do the NRL ladder predictor. We can only afford to drop 2 more games if we want a top 4 spot. Drop 3 games we'll finish 6,7 or 8. Drop 4 games and we are gooooonnee. Need 30 points to get into the 8.

hence the reason his photo in the Sun Tele tipping is of him holding a wooden spoon.  Nice thought but a tad unrealistic

Don't worry I wasn't actually taking his prediction as anything more than a "grain of salt" but just thought I'd share it with you all.

mickqld link said:
Do the NRL ladder predictor. We can only afford to drop 2 more games if we want a top 4 spot. Drop 3 games we'll finish 6,7 or 8. Drop 4 games and we are gooooonnee. Need 30 points to get into the 8.

Dan won't be happy with this reasoning - we can't finish 5th!!

Has anyone (journalist or joe public) ever got a top 8 prediction exactly right? People seem to forget that the reason there are so many teams around us on the ladder is that they're all as inconsistent as Manly has been. Just cross your fingers and hope we win more than we lose.

Oh, and if you're able to get there, make the effort to go to the game on Sunday. There are a lot of Tigers supporters on the Central Coast so we need to ensure there is some vocal support yelling encouragement to the team and the referees.

During the Nthn Eagles debacle the best supported away team at Gosford (apart from knights) was the Tigers.

****ing Tigers geez they **** me. They get so much unwarranted media attention for a poorly performed club. Their supporters seem to ooze out of the surrounds like mould around a bathtub. **** I hope we clobber them.

The good thing is we play the top 4 so if we get the  points , it means at the same time they dont get any for the weekend , so we jump right ahead.

Phil the goose hasn't factored in the end of season self mutilation the Saintchokers will go through soon.

What a prized fool this bloke is, he seriously has no idea.

I do hope he's right though!

Our differential is a big thing to have up our sleeve at the moment and the way it is could be worth 2-3 spots

I really hope he is right but I have my doubts.
At the moment the bookies have the Drags as easy Premiership faves at just over $3 followed by 5 teams you can throw a blanket over around $8. Anyone putting the money on Saints must believe the tooth fairy will deposit funds into your account come October 3rd as it is a risky proposition.
Everyone else is up and down with little consistency. I reckon there are at least 8 teams with a genuine shot this year dependant on form, injuries and momentum.

I just done the predictor and allowing for me being the worst tipster ever heres the results

Dragons 44
Panthers 38
Eagles 32
Roosters 32
Warriors 32
Eels 32
Broncos 30
Tigers 30

Titans 30
Rabbits 26

he has the Eagles winning 6/7
eels winning 7/7