The time has come

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freddo

I head a little further north each year
Premium Member
G'day to all
Another long time reader who decided to bite the bullet and join silvertails. Have followed Manly since I was 8 years old that is over 66 years now. Used to sit on the scoreboard (when we could) which was at the southern end of Brookie in those days. Lucky enough to see Clive Churchill play for Souths against Manly at Brookvale in the 50's and of course the old champs like Rex the Moose, Roy Bull, Peter Diversi, Bill Delamere, Streaky Peebles, Jack Sinclair etc. Great times because you had all three grades playing and you could see the young blokes learning and coming through the ranks. Enough raving cheers to all.

Great to have you here, and please pipe up with anecdotes from yore whenever you like! Especially while we are stuck with little to do!

Welcome aboard Freddo.

66 years of support is a decent innings. Who's the best you've seen in that time ?? Who has been your favourite player over the years ?

Thanks C&C and others for the welcome. As far as innings go I would prefer it went on a bit longer and maybe it's fudged a bit because there is a couple of years of the Northern Beagles included. The best I have seen? Very difficult across different era's and different rules. Would be a very long list and I think it would probably bore everyone witless. Favourite player just as difficult but I would say Ian Martin gets the nod. He could tackle as hard as Igor and was good enough to get Bozo moved to the centres

Welcome Freddo. Your 66 years of support gives us all something to aspire towards.

Long may it continue.

Nice to have you onboard.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4