The Talk at Work is all ..... Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Great day and the word on everyone's lips is Manly. What is surprising is that kids who remember nothing of the pillage of Souths and Wests, and the Manly hate of previous years are enjoying seeing us on the telly and are getting enthused about our form.

The comeback has fired up the imagination of a lot of supporters which is great.

I am not one of those that wants to get back to the hated days, except that I want success that will make us the envy of others and dislike as we deny other clubs success.

Go you Eagles!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

would be good if i was at work, as there are some avid supporters of some more hated teams. Oh well there is always tommorrow

Same same here, have had half a dozen convos already about the comeback.

Yet to see the load mouthed panthers fan. Il shall have to walk down to the main office this arvo and say hello

GO MANLY

I'm lucky enough to work in a firm in the city that is solidly behind Manly. In fact after going through the usual 1-2 hour interview I was asked what team I followed. When I said I was a die-hard Manly fan the boss said "Well why didn't you say that when you walked in, we could have saved ourselves a couple of hours".

Theres a Bulldog supporter ex-work mate of mine who is now working in QLD. He gave it to me solid for the last 3 years because manly were ordinary, So i'm now making the most of it.. This is an e-mail conversation I had with him earlier!.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I thought i'd remind you of the weekend scores

Bullwogs 12 - 48 Cowgirls
Manly 36 - 26 Penrith ( A team full of rep players and stars) Great win after losing 26-6.

The table
Manly 2nd on 18 points
Bullwogs 12th on 10 points

Can't wait to get your $50-

Loving season 2005!
------------------------------------------------------------

His reply
Your very racist aren't you. Think I might send this e-mail through to the NSW police and make an official complaint.
So **** you. If Manly finish higher than the Bulldogs then I'm not paying you. You don't deserve it. I don't care how it makes me look. I'm up here in sunny Queensland.

-------------------------------------------------------
My Reply back
Looks your a giver and not a taker.

Cant handle the pressure champ, Never lose your sense of humour mate. I copped plenty with good humour, you can too. It's character building champ.

Nevermind the Bullwogs will get better. When they have all there players back in Round 24.

Theres a Bulldog supporter ex-work mate of mine who is now working in QLD. He gave it to me solid for the last 3 years because manly were ordinary, So i'm now making the most of it.. This is an e-mail conversation I had with him earlier!.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I thought i'd remind you of the weekend scores

Bullwogs 12 - 48 Cowgirls
Manly 36 - 26 Penrith ( A team full of rep players and stars) Great win after losing 26-6.

The table
Manly 2nd on 18 points
Bullwogs 12th on 10 points

Can't wait to get your $50-

Loving season 2005!
------------------------------------------------------------

His reply
Your very racist aren't you. Think I might send this e-mail through to the NSW police and make an official complaint.
So **** you. If Manly finish higher than the Bulldogs then I'm not paying you. You don't deserve it. I don't care how it makes me look. I'm up here in sunny Queensland.

My Reply back
Looks your a giver and not a taker.

Cant handle the pressure champ, Never lose your sense of humour mate. I copped plenty with good humour, you can too. It's character building champ.

Nevermind the Bullwogs will get better. When they have all there players back in Round 24.

Jeez byso, looks like your "mate" gets a bit fired up, thats made my day!

it wont happen but god what id give for souths to knock them off!

It's a shame that we don't seem to be as hated any more IMO. I love it when they get all fired up & nasty & then we go out & flog the mushrooms out of them. It's great hearing the boo's & abuse because it justifies the way I feel towards them (all of them that is). No love or harmony here, to support a team other than Manly is a show of inferiority
I would like to see more of them paying through the gates at Brooky though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4