The stupidity of the draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Do you realise that Parramatta meets Easts again in round six? That's the same two teams just four weeks apart. Yet we only get to play Penriff for the first time in round 25.
The RL fans are being screwed by TV scheduling. The NRL should be ashamed of itself, foregoing a fair competition for all clubs in favour of Brisbane and agreeing to the wishes of others. For example, it allows the Cowboys to play their home matches on a Saturday night (yes, I know why), yet knocks back other clubs' request to play on a Sunday afternoon. It is a disgrace that all clubs don't play each other once in the first 15 rounds. Is that too sensible for the NRL to understand?
I know that from round 16 to 26 not all clubs would get to play each other twice, and accept this. But is it not the NRL's role to administer a 'fair' competition?

I said in another post, the NRL is not interested in fairness, nor are they interested in a genuine rugby league contest. They are Marketers, marketing a "product"...........end of story.

Yeah I agree, you should play everyone once by rd 16 (you get a bye in the first 16 rounds).

Then the last 9 games (plus a bye) should be doen at random or for entertainment, a match up between the teams that would most likely be entertaining for fans.

Its all part of the general disillusionment I am starting to feel with the game.

It's fantastic that the TV guys have thrown more than a Billion dollars at the game BUT it has come at a price , sort of like "selling their soul for the almighty dollar".

It would actually be a hard business to run, on the one hand you need the dollars, on the other that comes at a price.

Fairness has NOTHING to do with the draw, don't you remember the big delay we had in 2012 when the first of the fixed schedules had to be decided.....that was Chan Nein adjusting the games to suit themselves.

As much as I hate it with a passion the Bronco's being on a Friday night up here all the time makes a bit of sense.....heaps and heaps of their members just leave work in the city, walk the 10 mins to Caxton Street, don their jerseys and away they go.

AND its Chan Neins highest rating part of the week bar possibly 60 minutes on Sunday night.

So naturally 9 will pick them for every single one they can.

Bugger the fans, we mean nothing.

And do NOT start me on not being able to watch the other game (when we are playing) on GEM!!

The NRL say they listen to the fans, they listen to their pay masters, channel 9 and news limited.

The draw in littered with unfairness.

Some teams get the same time slot every week and other clubs get sweet FA.

This season we are again having to deal with several 5 day turn arounds why the news limited show ponies get a Friday night monopoly and 7 day turn around.

The Riff will make the 8 as they face Melb, Easts and us just once during the season.

Parra have a really tough task having to face Easts 2 times in the first 6 rounds.

I would like to see the NRL pay attention to the fans needs, most of the Sydney clubs want Sunday football or Friday night. yet its rare that we get these games. The fans are already voting with their feet.

The league might boast record membership but how many of those members actually go to games?

Was like Parra last year where they had to cop two floggings from us four weeks apart.

There is not a lot of substance/value in these games. The value and the TV ratings would be better if there were fewer games.

The NFL knows how to run a comp; play fewer regular season games that have real value; each game is an event.

Mark from Brisbane said:
As much as I hate it with a passion the Bronco's being on a Friday night up here all the time makes a bit of sense.....heaps and heaps of their members just leave work in the city, walk the 10 mins to Caxton Street, don their jerseys and away they go.
^THIS
And there is the whole problem with Greensnot's rediculous 2 stadium plan in Sydney. Brisbane has Suncorp right on the edge of the city and 10 min walk from Roma St station. Melbourne has the MCG and Etihad right in the city with all suburbs accessible straight to the MCG by train.
Sydney stuck one stadium miles out at homebush with rubbish access by trains from only a quater of the city and another stadium at Moore park with no access by trains, cars or buses and nowhere near walking from the city. They are both a nightmare to get to and from on Fri nights. Sydney needs multiple stadiums spread across the city because of it's rubbish public transport problems.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8