The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the 5 players departing our squad is taking shape. Taufua and Boyle officially re signed now. We had 31 players in our squad including De Luis and Fainu. With 5 leaving its safe to say we have 26 players on our books. Add in Bullemore so that makes 27. My priority would be to add the 2 best outside backs/back up fullback our money can buy. That leaves 1 spot to fill, which we don't need to fill until mid next year, I'd be keeping that spot open for a potential #9 pending the Fainu outcome and if we have a couple injuries in the #9 position.

I like the Boyle and Taufua signings. Taufua is great to have around the club and adds experience to our roster. Boyle is only 25 and with some luck with injuries I'd expect him to be pushing for selection in our 17.

Last edited:
Taufua and Boyle? Not sure if anyone watched the Grand Final, or Melbourne vs. Panthers preliminary, but the games become explosively fast and intense (for the very successful clubs). Lightning quick play the balls. Blistering in your face hard hitting defense.

(Honest question, does Boyle or Taufua make a Bunnies, Panthers, Roosters, Eels or Storm teams?)

I'm not sure re-signing toilers / plodders is the way to go? I could go on a P&O trip through the Islands by the time Taufua plays-the-ball.

Anyways, I completely disagree with their re-signings (both slow, both injury prone), but it is, what it is. Let's hope the rest of the squad shapes up much, MUCH better.

Taufua and Boyle? Not sure if anyone watched the Grand Final, or Melbourne vs. Panthers preliminary, but the games become explosively fast and intense (for the very successful clubs). Lightning quick play the balls. Blistering in your face hard hitting defense.

(Honest question, does Boyle or Taufua make a Bunnies, Panthers, Roosters, Eels or Storm teams?)

I'm not sure re-signing toilers / plodders is the way to go? I could go on a P&O trip through the Islands by the time Taufua plays-the-ball.

Anyways, I completely disagree with their re-signings (both slow, both injury prone), but it is, what it is. Let's hope the rest of the squad shapes up much, MUCH better.
Plodders...that's a bit harsh on George, I bet opposition wingers wouldn't put George in the plodders category, more like a big steam train building up speed.

I would of thought it's be a thank you but no thanks. Tafua is a harder one as he's given us so much and is still fairly young.

Boyle.. imo.. is not good enough. Don't see what the fuss is with him at all. Would prefer we went shopping.

stupid signings imho and 2 spots wasted when they could have went to talented juniors.
I wonder how much the lack of junior comps plays into this. We saw the struggle of Shoe and Gauc later in the year v "experienced" players?

With the 5 players departing our squad is taking shape. Taufua and Boyle officially re signed now. We had 31 players in our squad including De Luis and Fainu. With 5 leaving its safe to say we have 26 players on our books. Add in Bullemore so that makes 27. My priority would be to add the 2 best outside backs/back up fullback our money can buy. That leaves 1 spot to fill, which we don't need to fill until mid next year, I'd be keeping that spot open for a potential #9 pending the Fainu outcome and if we have a couple injuries in the #9 position.

I like the Boyle and Taufua signings. Taufua is great to have around the club and adds experience to our roster. Boyle is only 25 and with some luck with injuries I'd expect him to be pushing for selection in our 17.
Our wingers have had a relatively injury free run this season, you would have to think that George will be getting some decent game time next season. Good to have a back up in George, wont let anybody down. What he losses in speed he makes up in power and strength.

Plodders...that's a bit harsh on George, I bet opposition wingers wouldn't put George in the plodders category, more like a big steam train building up speed.

"Jorge" mate. And like I say, out of all the teams I've listed, which winger would he replace?

Give me an unproven local with potential over these two any day.
With a new face we at least have hope. Taking up space in our roster with these two former NRL players gives me no confidence that we'll improve in 2022.
(I know it sounds harsh and Jorge has been a great servant to the club over an extended period but he is no longer our future. Same with Boyle. And to think the club preferred Lance to a future NRL front rower in Tenterfield. Madness)

Give me an unproven local with potential over these two any day.
With a new face we at least have hope. Taking up space in our roster with these two former NRL players gives me no confidence that we'll improve in 2022.
(I know it sounds harsh and Jorge has been a great servant to the club over an extended period but he is no longer our future. Same with Boyle. And to think the club preferred Lance to a future NRL front rower in Tenterfield. Madness)
Agree with your comments but note @The Wheel comments in the post above , this has more than do with salary cap than anything!!

I don’t mind the Taufua signing… it’s depth at best, he knows the fabric of the club and has played in successful Manly teams, plus he was a standout in the NSW Cup games I watched this year. Still a class above that level.

Boyle has never done anything to impress me and seems injury prone

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4